• A dynamic customer service professional with 5+ years of experience in the service & fitness industry
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English, and a working knowledge of Punjabi
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise independent judgement and maintain professionalism when handling confidential client concerns
• Highly collaborative with other group members; able to work in and lead a team as demonstrated via group projects, both in a professional and academic environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to use creativity to resolve challenging issues
• Self-motivated and goal oriented with a focus on achieving company targets, while simultaneously learning new skills in a fast-paced environment
• Able to prioritize tasks while maintaining excellent time management and organizational skills
• Proficient in MS Office as demonstrated through successfully completing ‘BISM 100: PC Business Essentials’ via Humber College
• Bachelor of Commerce – Human Resources Management Anticipated April 2020 Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning Toronto, ON. à Courses include: Recruitment & Selection, Compensation, Training & Development, Strategic HR Planning and Occupational Health & Safety
• Business Management, Honours Diploma April 2016
Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning Toronto, ON. RELEVANT JOB EXPERIENCE
Front Desk Receptionist & Assistant Floor Manager October 2009 – present Claireport Place Banquet Hall and Convention Centre Toronto, ON.
• Assist in HR generalist duties including: recruiting and selecting ideal candidates based on specific work criteria, updating job descriptions posted via Indeed, ensuring Health & Safety Regulation Policies are up to date and visible to all staff, generate data pertaining to recruitment strategies and coach new hires whilst help develop various skill within current employees
• Promoted from Server to Assistant Floor Manager within 3 years of service due to strong leadership skill in managing a team of 10-15 servers
• Execute all secretarial duties to the highest quality standards including: greeting clientele in a professional and enthusiastic manner, administrating inbound and outbound calls based on client concerns, handling company inquiries via internet, updating social media accounts regularly, managing highly confidential financial data and scheduling meetings based on company and client availability
• Responsible for guiding new clients throughout facility while explaining top of the line features and upselling event packages catered to their needs
• Accountable for keeping own skill up to date with both positions in the company by completing HR related e-training modules and hands on learning of new facility features such as iPad-controlled lighting system OTHER JOB EXPERIENCE
Personal Training Coach September 2014 – present
LA Fitness Brampton, ON.
• Design and implement highly effective personalized exercise programs for a diverse range of clientele while considering their medical conditions and fitness levels
• Provide clients with appropriate and safe fitness apparatus instructions, emphasizing the importance of a healthy lifestyle with the motive to changing their mindset to a more positive outlook on fitness
• Promoted to ‘Master Trainer’ within 2 years of service due to excellent customer satisfaction and a client retention rate of 85 percent
• Assist with all promotional campaigns by delivering various methods of advertisements such as “Bring a Workout Buddy Day” and “Friends & Family Discount” which was successful in enrolling 3-5 new members each month
• Take part in promoting LA Fitness by attending and participating in community events such as the
“Toronto Pearson Airport Sports Runners Club Marathon, 2017” VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Youth Fitness Instructor September 2018 – present
Sri Guru Singh Sabha Temple Mississauga, ON.
• Responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising fitness activities adhered to youth aged 6-13
• Assist in promoting educational fitness classes to various members of the Temple by speaking to parents about the importance of health and fitness in youth which was successful in increasing the number of participants from 6 to 17 within 3 months of service Outdoor Bootcamp Instructor Summer 2018
AG Fitness, The Women Only Bootcamp Series Brampton, ON.
• Conduct diverse instructional fitness routines for women aged 30-55 in compliance to their health conditions, fitness levels and outdoor safety regulations
• Promote a healthy lifestyle by advising routine health check-ups, diet guidelines and daily exercise which was successful in reducing the number of prescription medication taken by 2 women, in addition to 3 women losing a combined 25lbs
• Personal Training Specialist & CPR Level A Renewed yearly via CanFitPro
• Worker Health and Safety Certification 2018
References available upon request.