Name: AKUMA DESMOND
Resourceful and effective biochemist with proven proficiency in sales, skilled in point-of-sales (POS) systems. Organized and diligent, with written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Successful in building and motivating dynamic teams. EDUCATION
BSc. in Biochemistry, July 2014 – University of Dschang GCE Advanced Level, June 2009 – Progressive Comprehensive High School GCE Ordinary Level, June 2007 – Government Bilingual High School Etuge-Ebe external WORK EXPERIENCE
Brand Ambassador Team Leader (2016 – Present)
• Interview, hire and adequately train Brand Ambassadors.
• Outline and optimize site processes to ensure high team performance.
• Initiate groundbreaking marketing ideas to ensure individual performance, consistently achieves or exceeds sales
• Maintain operational efficiency with proactive oversight and corrections.
• Determine areas of importance and initiate changes with compliance to all policies and procedures, operational core competencies and key accountability.
• Work with team members to increase individual performance, keep individuals on task and set realistic improvement goals.
• Implement safety policies to reduce or eliminate incidents.
• Evaluate Brand Ambassador performance, set goals and develop improvement plans.
• Monitor junior team members to improve performance.
• Ensure disponibility and availability of every necessary work material.
• Provide updates and solutions to difficulties encountered in the field by the team, ensure consistently high standards of customer experience.
• Organize and chair regular weekly meeting sessions with the team.
• Submit daily and monthly detailed reports of the team to the adequate hierarchy. CURRICULUM VITAE
VIRGIN LAND BAR
Bartender (September 2015 – June 2016)
• Served patrons with food and beverages
• Adhered to all state liquor regulations, particularly in regard to intoxicated persons and minors to ensure a safe and positive atmosphere for customers.
• Accurately calculated checks and made changes whilst processing payments with close attention to detail.
• Selected and streamlined bar products based on analysis of consumption and sales resulting in superior inventory and selection for guests, 30% increase in overall efficiency.
• Introduced a unique mix of new cocktails on the menu which gained immense popularity and increased the sales by 35% in the first 3 months.
• Improve customer base by engaging friendly chat with customers which ensured a base of recurring persons, effectively handle customer complaints and special requests.
• Maintain stock levels to prevent shortages of critical items.
• Collected payments and accurately balanced cash register at all times.
• Cleaned and stocked glassware, tables and the bar. INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH FOR AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT (IRAD), BAMBUI Internship student (July 2014 – September 2014)
• Designed and conducted experiments/trails in the laboratory.
• Conducted data analysis and developed conclusions and recommendations.
• Performed sterilization of process equipment’s and ensured cleanliness of the laboratory.
• Completed a range of tests including pH, color, fluidity, sensory analysis
• Prepared and maintained accurate and timely records of production and quality control activities.
• Built and maintained profitable relationship with vendors of ingredients, equipments and other suppliers.
• Attended weekly progress team meeting.
• Experience with point-of-sales (POS) systems.
• Ability to perform manual labor and lift heavy objects.
• Skilled in food safety practices and equipment sanitation.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities.
• Strong understanding of inventory control and cash handling systems.
• Proficiency in dining room set-up.
• Competent at interpreting data, analyzing problems and formulating solutions.
• Excellent time management and prioritizing task.
• Very efficient in team work and working under pressure.
• Proficient user of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) packages, e-mail, social network and internet.
• Driving; category B license.
French (advanced oral and written fluency)