Santa Monica, CA 90403
310-***-**** / firstname.lastname@example.org
My enriching personal background, spanning London, New York and Los Angeles, and my diverse professional background including both public relations and teaching have enabled me to hone project organization and people management skills. A superb multi-tasker and communicator, I am able to effectively manage a wide variety of initiatives, details and personalities. I am passionate about seeing a project through to successful completion and supporting key executives and team members. Work Experience
Canyon Elementary School, Instructional Assistant, 5th grade, Nov. 2017-present
• Work with students to solidify concepts, techniques and ensure understanding of all subjects.
• Guide students on independent projects, assisting with outlining, writing, editing papers, managing deadlines.
• Grade tests, correct homework, prepare and organize materials for teacher.
• Manage after school homework club, STAR, supervising students with homework, research papers, projects. Weber Shandwick, NY, Group Manager, March 1998- Feb. 2001 Royal Caribbean International, The Bahamas, Singapore Airlines, iExplore.com, Hong Kong Tourism
• Organized all aspects of new ship launches: media tours, live/taped TV segments, interviews, press events.
• Managed annual weather conference in The Bahamas with over 100 participating weathermen from across the country, coordinating live segments, arranging panel discussions and activities.
• Arranged and led press trips and photo shoots.
• Liaised with clients, prepared reports, researched documents. GCI Group, NY, Senior Associate, Feb. 1996- March 1998 Celebrity Cruises, Norwegian Cruises, Windjammer Barefoot Cruises
• Participated in all aspects of new ship launches including arranging/leading press trips, coordinating & attending media events, and securing media interviews.
• Wrote press materials, releases and pitch letters, client proposals and reports. Manning Selvage & Lee, NY, Associate, Jan. 1994 - Feb 1996 Barbados Tourism Authority, Cathay Pacific, South African Airways
• Supported all aspects of Cathay Pacific launch of NY-HK service attending events, liaising with media.
• Fulfilled media requests & tracked coverage.
• Assisted group supervisor, arranging travel, maintaining schedule, correspondences, answering phones, general administrative duties supporting entire team. Skills Summary Highlights
• Spearheaded school events (in London, UK) from selecting overall concept, coordinating and managing committees, to liaising with administration and organizing volunteers.
• Assisted with fundraisers, special events.
• Liaised between teachers and parents to disseminate information, coordinate volunteers, resolve issues. Education: Tufts University, 1993, BA