Illes Szabo, SHRM-SCP
email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/szaboilles KEY COMPETENCIES
• Close to 20 years’ progressive experience in all areas of human resources management in global environment
• Strong change management skills with proven capability in organizational design and development
• Successful implementation of Community and Employee Engagement programs
• Expertise in performance -, development - and succession planning
• Strong analytic skills, using HR data to assess compensation strategies for competitive advantage, and improve the efficiency of the human resource function
• Vendor management, including talent acquisition and workforce development
• Proven capability in consulting and supporting executive leadership teams
• Expertise in union / works council negotiations and employee relations
• Multilingual fluency: Hungarian native, English proficient, German intermediate, French basic.
• Adaptive and empathetic personality, with strong goal and results orientation PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Group HR Manager Europe, 2013-2017, Sumitomo, SEWS Automotive electronics design, manufacturing, and sales in Hungary, Germany, France, and the UK. Reported
to Group President
• Harmonized HR policies across 4 European countries with different languages and legislation while ensuring compliance to Japanese corporate requirements.
• Introduced job level and pay grade system with performance-based compensation.
• Redesigned organization to business needs and reduced overhead cost by moving HQ from UK to Hungary, managing related layoffs and recruitment.
• Introduced a corporate wide organizational development program, re-established company culture and values
HR Manager, Central Europe, 2011-2013, Dräxlmaier
Automotive wire-harness manufacturer in Hungary, Slovakia, and Macedonia. Reported to Managing Director
• Negotiated new collective-bargaining agreement with union to significantly increase flexibility of the company in making compensation decisions by moving major compensation-related elements from CBA to company policies. Thus, prepared for and executed downsizing in Hungary.
• Completed labor market study for Macedonia as part of a green field investment plan.
• Started offshore greenfield recruitment. Established talent acquisition strategy to hire over 4,000 employees;
• Selected and managed vendors, developed network and partnerships with recruiters and local government agencies.
• Lead workforce transfers across different cultures and languages from Western to Eastern Europe and North Africa
HR Manager, 2010-2011, Faurecia
Automotive exhaust systems manufacturer in Hungary and Romania. Reported to Managing Director
• Led culture transformation and organizational design and development through merger.
• Established temporary workforce system to cover fluctuating production demand; built partnerships with workforce suppliers; and implemented system to continuously assess and improve their performance.
• Created workforce plan and talent acquisition strategy of new plant start-up in Craiova, Romania.
HRM roles, 1998-2010, Alcoa-Fujikura, Delphi and other multinational enterprises
• Executed multi-phase layoff, downsizing the company from over 2,000 to complete shutdown. Negotiated all conditions with unions and works council. Designed and implemented full outplacement process, including compensation of employees and transfer to neighboring companies.
• Transformed organizational culture and implemented Lean Manufacturing; designed and implemented related development plan and succession planning process.
• Defined and executed talent acquisition strategy to double headcount from 400 to over 800 in 6 months.
• Implemented Community and Employee Engagement programs and long term corporate social responsibility strategy
• Built and continuously improved employer branding.
• Implemented performance appraisal system and variable pay structure, reducing absenteeism among hourly employees from 9% to 3%.
• Introduced HRIS.
• Designed and implemented talent acquisition strategy; improved interviewing skills of recruiting managers to change from referral-based to skill-based recruitment and employment.
• Led organizational and individual development processes, implemented mentoring and coaching and improved leadership development
- SHRM-Senior Certified Professional 2017
- Master of Business Administration (2 semesters). 2008-2010 CEU Business School, Budapest
- MA, Psychology, Organizational Psychology, 1993-1998, University of Debrecen
- MA Specialist Translator: English-Hungarian 1998, University of Debrecen
- Intercultural communication (2 semesters). 1992-1993 Redcliffe College, London
- Franklin Covey Certified Trainer, 2015 (7 Habits of Highly Effective People, etc.)
- Excellent MS Office, data analytics, and database skills