• Professional. Verbal. Written.
• Record keeping. Accuracy. Detail oriented. Budgets. Responsibility
• Organization. Independent judgment. Time management. Confidentiality. Computer
• Microsoft Office. Blackbaud. QuickBooks Pro.
• Creative. Analytical. Sociable.
Employment Business Office Coordinator Parish Episcopal School - Dallas TX 2015 – 2017
• Prepared, processed, and reconciled semi-monthly payroll, 403b and HSA contributions.
• Calculated payroll deductions, stipend payments, and expense reimbursements.
• Onboarded new hires and monitored salary changes, job changes, and terminations.
• Recorded general ledger entries and reconciled month end reports.
• Produced monthly reports for CFO, Controller, and development office.
• Managed legal compliance of all faculty, staff, vendors, and volunteers.
• Planned department special events.
Office Manager Young Women’s Preparatory Network – Dallas, TX 2011 – 2015
• Managed daily office operations.
• Acted as point of contact for board members, school leadership, donors, and vendors.
• Processed payroll, A/P, A/R, tax liabilities, donations, reconciliations, budgets.
• Reviewed and authorized all network schools’ enhancement programs expenses.
• Established HR practices and instituted company Policies and Procedures.
• Introduced monthly electronic newsletter.
Bookkeeper Parker & Taylor, LLC – Dallas, TX 2009 – 2011
• Performed all bookkeeping functions for small law firm. Business Manager The Tutoring Place – Dallas, TX 2000 – 2010
• Operated after school tutoring center for students in elementary school through college.
• Recruited, hired, and trained tutors. Scheduled appointments. Processed payroll, tax liabilities, A/P and A/R. Fostered and sustained relationships with students and parents. Generated high levels of client retention.
Designer / Owner K2 design – Dallas, TX 1990 – 2011
• Established graphic arts business focused on hand drawing and hand lettering.
• Developed original line of invitations sold in retail stores across the country.
• Accomplished all tasks required to run successful company: product creation and execution, presentation, customer communications, sales, shipping, bookkeeping. Community Reading Partners
• Tutored students to become successful and enthusiastic readers. State Fair of Texas
• Judged creative arts collections and cooking competitions. Community Partners of Dallas
• Read and recorded stories for children to listen to at any time by calling CPD’s Storyline. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
• Mentored team’s marathon participants. Fundraised while training for half-marathon. Dallas Independent School District
• Tutored elementary students in spelling, mathematics and reading. School library volunteer. Bryan’s House
• Assisted with creative activities for preschool children on a weekly basis. Education B.S. in Management Tulane University - New Orleans, LA
• Studies included accounting and marketing.