ADAM B. SHERMAN
Philadelphia, PA 215-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Exceptionally motivated, with two formative years of experience in a legal assistant role. Leverages polished interpersonal communication and systematic organizational conduct. Highly intuitive towards building a positive repertoire with clients' needs. Resolute decision making under pressure, while applying integral persistence for the best solution. Thrives in a team-oriented environment and brings dedication for seeking out new challenges. Driven to reach new opportunities, in which to further professional development. SKILLS
• Positive client relations
• MyCase, PerfectLaw, Clio, MS Office, Outlook
• Multi-tasking for deadlines
• Marketing coordination
• Team-building projects
• Confidential data entry
• Logistical support and organization
• Event planning
Legal Assistant 08/2018 to 02/2019
High Swartz LLP - Norristown, PA
• Directly assistant to the busiest Partner in the Domestic Relations department of a medium sized law firm.
• Effectively manage all incoming emails and client correspondence for several attorneys.
• Facilitate, organize, and plan multiple attorneys' Outlook calendar for hour-to-hour scheduling.
• Drafting correspondence to opposing counsels, clients and court administration.
• Create monthly expense reports for attorneys' costs & provide check requests to accountant.
• Logging billable hours onto time sheets on behalf of the lead attorney.
• Coordinate for an arbitration conference meeting between five different parties.
• Reach out to local sponsors to promote the firm's brand and attorney values.
• Hourly updates and reminders to the attorneys for scheduling changes in the calendar.
• Planning department meetings and events.
• Schedule new clients for initial consultations.
Legal Secretary Temp. 07/2018 to 08/2018
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP - Wayne, PA
• Sending correspondence for several attorneys in the Environmental Impairment Liability and Insurance Coverage department
• Profiling insurance documentation
• Maintaining organization of client files
• Entered new cases into company database.
• Created expense reports for billable hours
Legal Assistant Temp. 05/2018 to 06/2018
Zulick Law LLC - Philadelphia, PA
• Assessed real and personal property for estate planning.
• eFiled with the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas.
• Managed communication between counsel and clients.
• Drafted Defendant's Answers to Plaintiff's First Set of Interrogatories on behalf of the attorney.
• Prepared witness, discovery, pleading, trial and exhibit binders for the case and depositions. Legal Administrative Assistant 08/2017 to 02/2018
Law Offices of Jennifer J. Riley - Blue Bell, PA
• Filed documents with the courts on behalf of the attorneys.
• Organized the discovery inventory process for cases with millions of dollars' worth of divisional assets between the parties.
• Prepared petitions, Entries of Appearance & Withdraw, stipulations and equitable distribution binders Scheduled appointments and court dates for three separate attorneys.
• Managed the process of preparing files for court hearings and conferences for each attorney Maintained filing and documentation of client records for discovery inventory.
• Assisted attorneys in collecting information such as employment, financial and other client documents Contacted clients to schedule appointments and discuss the progress of cases on behalf of attorneys. Paralegal Intern 05/2016 to 08/2016
Law Office of Joseph Mitchell III - Philadelphia, PA
• Drafted correspondence to clients, briefs & emails to counsel.
• Selected to investigate facts and laws to determine causes of action and to prepare federal criminal cases.
• Led the intern project for researching PA statutes, rulings, legal articles, and documents.
• Transcribed dozens of detailed client consultations & entered information into the firm's database.
• Drafted, filed & further assisted Petition for Expungement for felony charges on client's record.
• Directed and coordinated law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas. EDUCATION
Temple University - Philadelphia, PA 08/2014 to 05/2018 126 credited hours Major in History Minor in General Business Studies Montgomery County Community College – Blue Bell, PA 01/2012 to 06/2014 50 credited hours Undeclared
Temple Debate Society 2014 - 2017
Vice President of Member Outreach 2015 - 2016
Novice Mentor 2016 - 2017
Temple Pre-Law Society 2017