LISA RATLEDGE, MBA, CSSBB
email@example.com **030 East Davies Dr. Aurora, CO 80016 720-***-**** Gallup StrengthsFinder Top 5: Achiever, Responsibility, Maximizer, Individualization, Belief I am a high-energy, results-driven Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Project Manager and Sr. Business Analyst who is deeply connected to people and processes and enjoys solving complex business problems by implementing and driving value added solutions. My ability to connect and create synergies with people at all levels of the organization sets me apart from my counterparts and ultimately leads to greater success at achieving and exceeding objectives. I have been successful at eliciting business needs and translating those into technology executables while driving execution for large cross functional technology initiatives, yielding significant operational, compliance and efficiency benefits to the firm. Customer centricity is ingrained in my delivery and I endeavor to consistently exceed stakeholder expectations. CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Credere Group Englewood, CO Sept 2018 – December 2018 Apex Systems Englewood, CO Nov 2017 – January 2018 Sr. Business Analyst
• On Demand OTT International Expansion: Gathered business requirements to support International expansion of OTT business for a lead entertainment content provider. Solicited internal inputs, outputs and cycle time to capture overall process required to deliver content to International Affiliates.
• Authored business requirements in Jira for Application merge with primary business. Criteria included user experience, business needs and technology resources and availability. Co-owned the related Kanban board.
• Digital Asset lifecycle process improvement: Assisted with vendor selection vetting to improve digital asset process, including internal process discovery, external vendor selection and initial discussions around future state processes.
• Business Analyst for a large regulatory driven authoritative date source initiative impacting 3 Wells Fargo Supply Chain Finance business units. Scope included data simplification and standardization prerequisites to General Ledger and downstream reporting.
• Collaborated with Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to identify and prioritize Epics.
• Created Epics to address gaps in current processes impacting Operations, Regulatory Reporting and Shareholders. Authored User Stories in JIRA.
Schwab Charitable (via Randstad) Lone Tree, CO May 2016 – October 2017 Business Analyst
• Engaged in a multi-year initiative to improve the internal client experience with the core application used by Operations employees to service clients who hold Donor Advised Fund (DAF) Accounts as well as process grant requests on behalf of the Donors. This initiative was focused on converting an existing desktop application to a thin client application to be accessed via URL. Using Agile Methodology, key activities included gathering user requirements from multiple key stakeholders, writing Business Requirements and User Stories, attending daily scrum and providing input into the technical design via personally created Wireframes. Assisted with removing roadblocks for Agile team by acting as the backup for the Product Owner. Designed and implemented User Issues/Defect form in MS InfoPath to create enhanced visibility to the current status of logged Issues, which enhanced stakeholder trust. Owned the end to end UAT process, including logging of issues and defects and resolution.
• SEC Schedule 13 d/g: As Project Manager, drove execution of technology cleansing of data and field changes to ensure that the newly implemented Security Master drove accurate calculations of percent ownership in PMA held positions for SEC regulatory reporting. Western Union Englewood, CO March 2014 – May 2016
Project Manager - Global Compliance
• Successfully delivered a highly scrutinized AML regulatory initiative as part of The Southwest Border Agreement with the Attorney General of the State of Arizona to capture all Attempted Transactions. This project entailed the largest IT infrastructure build in Western Union’s 165 year history; failure would have resulted in a $1 million regulatory fine and potential for criminal charges. When tested by three independent entities, the project exceeded all of the prescribed Measures of Success, and the $1 million fine was avoided.
• Led a strategic program focused on delivering process improvements and efficiencies to the Government Sanctions and Interdiction List Processing program leveraging Global Name Recognition (GNR) screening for 96 countries in 2015. This initiative created new Know Your Customer (KYC) implementations, yielding significant operational efficiencies for the Anti Money Laundering Operations Organization, as consumers and entities who may have previously been falsely matched were systematically cleared instead of being queued to AML Operations for a manual review by an Analyst.
• Managed a regulatory driven project for Panama that included adding Real Time Risk Assessment rules and implementation of significant changes to the Point of Sale Compliance Template, screening for Politically Exposed Persons, Enhanced Due Diligence and compliance with new reporting guidelines for both Suspicious Transaction Reports and Currency Transaction Reports.
• Managed the creation of a Global Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment for the Risk Assessment Office. Proactively drove completion of Product Family Risk Assessments for Western Union Retail, Western Union Digital, and Western Union Business Solutions. Janus Capital Group Denver, CO June 2011 – September 2013 Business Process Specialist (Business Analyst/Project Manager)
• Successfully managed a multi-year project to develop a workflow application using Serena Business Manager that delivered operational efficiencies to 3 different Business sponsors and 16 departments. While working as Project Manager, also assumed the role of Business Analyst; gathered business requirements, developed UAT test plans, coordinated testing, performed defect analysis and reporting, quality checked resolved enhancements and bugs to validate resolution, and facilitated Go/No Go decisions.
• Performed value added statistical analyses in Minitab as Project Manager or Ad Hoc Consultant. Regularly sought out by business leadership to map complex cross functional processes in Visio, identifying waste and non-value-added activities and modeling ideal future state processes.
• Expanded the footprint of the newly created Process & Quality Improvement Group by teaching and implementing Six Sigma process improvement best practices and techniques. Created a quarterly newsletter to communicate the benefits of the Six Sigma methodology, introduce the team and share the team’s achievements. DIRECTV Englewood, CO June 2010 – June 2011
Lead Business and Data Analyst
• Identified and implemented process improvement projects impacting the Customer Care Organization. Managed projects focused on incoming call reduction, first call resolution and average handle time reduction.
• Performed root cause analysis on customer escalations to executive management, identifying necessary changes to Agent guidance and policy compliance issues. Drove execution of policy changes to Agent Guidance and Compliance. Westlake Chemical Houston, TX June 2008 – June 2010 Black Belt, Westlake Quality Management (Project Manager)
• Applied Six Sigma DMAIC methodology to complete a project focused on reducing the count and dollars of incoming accounts receivable deductions while concurrently reducing internal resolution cycle time. Designed and implemented a deduction management dashboard to ensure timely and accurate reporting to stakeholders and to assist the Process Owner with identifying out of control points, ultimately improving engagement by internal stakeholders.
• Managed Six Sigma and Lean project activities, gathered benchmark data, scoped and prioritized project activities.
• Mentored Westlake Green Belts and Lean Practitioners. Facilitated and supported numerous “Just Do It” activities including extensive process mapping and 5S. Created the Westlake Quality Management Newsletter and served as Editor in Chief.
• Recertified as a Six Sigma Black Belt through Breakthrough Management Group International (BMGI). Successfully completed LEAN Six Sigma and ISO9001 training.
General Electric - Aero Energy Houston, TX February 2006 – June 2008 Contracts Financial Analyst
• Contract Administration: Owned all facets of financial contractual execution for a large portfolio of multi-million-dollar international projects. Regularly engaged in: opening, amending and drawing down on letters of credit, ensuring VAT reporting and withholding compliance, foreign currency hedge management and Oracle PA Project Management & receivables reporting.
• Forecasted monthly, quarterly & annual long term Accounts Receivable and Progress Collections. Simplified forecasting models to enable more accurate and timely submissions to FP&A. Improved financial controllership by identifying aged balances on the General Ledger and recommended appropriate financial resolution. General Electric – Industrial Cleveland, OH April 2003 – February 2006 Six Sigma Finance Black Belt (Project Manager)
• Implemented 3 multi-generational Accounts Receivable EDI 820 digitization projects using Six Sigma DMAIC methodology that yielded significant productivity improvements in cash applications and A/R dispute coding while concurrently reducing functional cost. Applied DMAIC tools to improve the internal claims resolution process, yielding a 25% reduction in cycle time.
• Served as Consultant and Subject Matter Expert for two additional GE Industrial businesses who replicated my EDI 820 digitization projects.
• Simplified the Accounts Receivable payment term structure, yielding a 50% reduction in the number of payment terms offered. Benefits included improved billing quality, reduction in unearned discounts and enhanced customer satisfaction. The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland Cleveland, OH April 2000 – April 2003 Senior Financial Analyst
• Administered all accounting and financial facets of the Federal Reserve District’s self-insured Benefits budget, ensuring compliance with Financial Accounting Standards (FASB) 106, 112, and 87, Federal Reserve Accounting (FRA) in addition to IBNR reporting, reconciliation and adjustment accruals.
• Served as Benefits Accounting Subject Matter Expert for The Federal Reserve Board of Governors (BOG). As a loaned SME Auditor, assisted the BOG with an audit of another Federal Reserve Bank. Identified a deficiency during the audit and delivered value added compliance related expertise, including remediation recommendations for this finding.
• Managed the multi-year capital and expense accounting and budgeting for a large scale internally developed software project to serve the Armed Forces, in conjunction with the United States Treasury. Ensured compliance with SOP 98-1.
• Project Management experience: Editor of the Fourth District’s annual operating budget. As Audit liaison, drove compliance and closure for all financial and benefits related audits. Ensured compliance with accrual basis non-profit accounting, including general ledger reconciliations, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Performed cost accounting, including approval of A/P cost allocations and approval of expenses that were policy compliant and incurred during Bank Examinations. EDUCATION
University of Arkansas Fayetteville, AR Graduated May 1999 BSBA: Bachelor of Science, Business Administration Major: Financial Management Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, OH Graduated December 2002 MBA: Master of Business Administration Dual concentrations: Banking/Finance and Accounting COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
• Chairman of Employee Giving Campaign at Westlake Chemical 2010. Exceeded stretch fundraising goal by 11% and achieved an unprecedented 100% employee participation in the company’s history.
• Co-Chair of Employee Giving Campaign at Westlake Chemical in 2009. Achieved fundraising goal as I transitioned the campaign from an Employer led campaign to a fully Employee led campaign. Shifted employee mindset from obligatory participation to a genuine giving campaign without repercussions for non-participation. Western Union Foundation
• Western Union Foundation Ambassador. Organized department level fundraising activities to benefit the 2016 Western Union Foundation Education for the Better Campaign; focused on assisting women and children across the globe. CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• Six Sigma Black Belt Certification: General Electric in 2006
• Six Sigma Black Belt Recertified through Breakthrough Management Group International (BMGI) while employed at Westlake Chemical, scoring above 90% on all 5 DMAIC exams. Master Black Belt Candidate with BMGI.
• Lean Six Sigma
• Transactional Tool Master
• Application of Anti-Money Laundering principles and controls while managing projects with AML and other regulatory risk INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
• Cybersecurity Sales – Services
• Financial Services and Banking
• Oil and Gas
• MS Office Suite including MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project
• MS InfoPath