Candidate for Master of Science in Education August 2019 The College of Saint Rose
• Major: Communication Sciences and Disorders
• GPA: 3.76
Bachelor of Science May 2017 The College of Saint Rose
• Major: Communication Sciences and Disorders Minor: Spanish
• GPA: 3.58
Study Abroad Semester Spring 2016 Universidad Antonio de Nebrija (Madrid, Spain) Child Speech-Language Pathology Experience
Weekend Workshop for Effective Communication and Transfer Sessions- Albany, NY Graduate Student Clinician, April-August 2018
• Treated a child with a fluency disorder in a 3-day intensive fluency clinic, and in several summer follow-up sessions both in-person and through telehealth services via Zoom.
• Lead group therapy sessions for both adult and child clients.
• Wrote lesson plans, treatment plans, and treatment summaries for both the workshop and follow up sessions. Shaker Road Elementary School- South Colonie, NY
Graduate Student Clinician, January- May 2018
• Treated students with various speech, language, and hearing disorders in individual and group settings.
• Completed standardized and informal assessments of speech, language and hearing. Pauline K. Winkler Speech-Language-Hearing Center-Albany, NY Graduate Student Clinician, August-December 2017
• Treated and assessed clients aged preschool through adulthood with various speech and language disorders, including learning disability, articulation disorder, language delay, and hearing loss.
• Conducted speech and language assessments in a team of 2 student clinicians and one supervising speech- language pathologist.
• Wrote formal session plans, treatment plans, treatment summaries, evaluation reports, and recorded transition videos.
Giffen Memorial Elementary School- Albany, NY
Undergraduate Student Clinician, January-May 2017
• Taught kindergarteners a language module in groups of 5-6.
• Treated a group of 3 kindergarteners with fluency disorders using a direct therapy approach. Adult Speech-Language Pathology Experience
Traumatic Brain Injury Medicaid Waiver Program- Albany, NY Graduate Student Clinician, August-September 2017, May-August 2018, and January-May 2019
• Treated adults with apraxia, fluent and non-fluent aphasia, and dysarthria secondary to traumatic brain injury or strokes.
• Targeted receptive and expressive language, articulation, cognition, and pragmatics.
• Conducted informal, ongoing assessments.
• Organized group discussions with 10-15 participants. Diana Aponte 2 of 2
The College of Saint Rose Transgender Voice Therapy Group- Albany, NY Graduate Student Clinician, August-December 2018
• Treated adult clients during gender transition targeting voice resonance, pitch, fluency, inflection, and nonverbal communication.
• Continuous assessment was conducted to track the transition progression using Visi Pitch technology and the Transsexual Voice Questionnaire.
• Led group mindfulness and gratitude activities of a group of 20 participants and clinicians. Professional Development
• Completed the Learning and Training Zone sections of the Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Study Training, November 2018.
• Attended the New York State Speech-Language-Hearing Association convention in Rochester, NY, April 2018.
• Took a one-week intensive literacy course at the College of Saint Rose, May 2018.
• Completed 25 hours of clinical observation at the College of Saint Rose, 2016.
• Attended Kappa Delta Pi professional development workshops on spelling, alternative and augmentative communication, and mental health, 2015-2016.
• Member of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association, 2013-present. Relevant Skills
• CPR/AED/First Aid Certified by the National CPR Foundation, January 20, 2019
• Proficient in Spanish- Level B2/C1
• Experience administering the Transsexual Voice Questionnaire, Stuttering Severity Instrument-4, Khan-Lewis Phonological Analysis-3, the Goldman-Fristoe Test of Articulation-3, The Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function-2, The Test of Adolescent and Adult Language-4, The Peabody, Picture Vocabulary Test-4, the Test of Language Development-4, and Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals-5. Relevant Experience
Respite Caregiver- January 2018-Present
• Worked with a child with a developmental disability in cognitively and physically engaging activities in the community, while targeting specific goals.
Capitol Region BOCES
Substitute Teacher- April 2018-Present
• Taught regular and special education at the elementary school level in several school districts within the New York Capital Region in individual, small group, and full class settings.
• Aided and translated English/Spanish for an ELL. The College of Saint Rose Center for International Programs Study Abroad Graduate Assistant- August 2017-Present
• Advise students to plan their semester abroad and complete applications.
• Contact international education providers on behalf of students.
• Organize pre-departure orientation for the study abroad students. The College of Saint Rose
Friday Knights Volunteer- August 2014- May 2015
• Directed middle and high school students with Autism Spectrum Disorder to various educational and recreational activities held at The College of Saint Rose.
• Taught the middle and high school level students drama/acting games.