ALANA ALISSA YOSHIKO ANDERSON, CMP
**-**** ***** ** ***** management experience:
• Managed the implementation, planning and on-site management of all events, which included: planning; negotiations of contracts; registration/housing processes; pre-production; on-site management; and maintaining budget goals.
• Researched and recommended future event sites while focusing on increasing attendance and meeting targeted budget.
• Oversaw the production & implementation of the local, national, and international chapter meetings, topical symposiums, leadership meetings, annual meeting and expo, and any additional meetings.
• Performed site selections and contract negotiations; reviewed contracts with hotels/convention centers, and venues.
• Expanded/ implemented computer technology to improve efficiency and customer service.
• Served members in the best possible manner to best promote and ensure the success of the mission.
• Managed teams from one individual up to five members. DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS/AECOM (Contractor): Washington, D.C. April 2017 – February 2019 CERTIFIED MEETING PLANNER
• Consulted with project managers to determine the objectives and requirements for panel review committee meetings.
• Inspected event facilities to ensure that they conform to the panel review committees’ requirements.
• Conferred with lead reviewers on a chosen event site to coordinate all details, including but not limited to food and beverage, meeting space rates, hotel room blocks, government per diem room rates, AV services, and specific requirements pertaining to each review committee.
• Monitored and attend all meetings to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws.
• Managed hotel room blocks and rates to ensure that all reviewers can make reservations
• Arranged the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, signage, and other event needs.
• Organized registration of event participants.
• Coordinated services for meetings, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, etc.
• Directly responsible for overseeing budget, site selection, logistics, planning, marketing, on-site management, follow-up/billing.
• Set-up meetings at specific venues using wireless technology and video interface. SOCIETY OF NAVAL ARCHITECTS AND MARINE ENGINEERS (SNAME): Alexandria, VA March 2009 – March 2017 DIRECTOR OF EVENTS
• Directly responsible for planning and executing all aspects of events at the national headquarters and local levels, including: o SNAME Maritime Convention – week-long technical and networking conference with over 1,500 attendees and an Expo; o Symposia and Collegia;
o Leadership Seminar – targeted leadership training program for member and student member executives; o Local chapter meetings – provided all registration and marketing administrative services.
• Created and drove the strategy for sponsorship, marketing and delegate sales.
• Maintained the online Professional Engineer Review Course and managed all the continuing education requirements at events.
• Involved in venue vendor selection, hotel negotiation, on-site management and program implementation.
• Point of contact and representative for participation in outside events, tradeshows, meetings.
• Initiated and streamlined new work processes for better time management and productivity.
• Worked extensively with vendors, including AV, catering/food and beverage, transportation, technology, and mobile applications.
• Managed event-related communications to the membership and the public database.
• Oversaw and managed local section leadership and student section leadership and activities.
• Coordinated programs and membership-related projects for Sections and Students Sections, along with serving as liaison among headquarters, membership, and governing bodies.
• Instituted the Young Professionals and Student Section programs.
• Worked on the online and in-person continuing education courses and certification. SECURITIES OPERATIONS FORUM: New York, NY October 2007 – January 2009 DIRECTOR OF CONFERENCES
• Oversaw the organization’s role as the leading information center for operations professionals in the financial services industry.
• Handled the workshops, conferences, news and research to banks, broker/dealers, insurance companies, vendors, regulatory agencies and industry associations on a global basis.
• Conducted all aspects of project management for 12 conferences, including seminars/workshops, 1-2-day conferences.
• Established and maintained on-going relations with delegates, speakers, sponsors: pre, during and post events.
• Formulated all copywriting, advertisement, and publicity to promote events to specific industry-base and public.
• Created and drove the strategy for sponsorship, marketing and delegate sales.
• Managed all details of venue logistics, including catering, facility management, AV and technology, reservations, and production. Alana Alissa Anderson Resume, Page 1 of 2
STRATEGIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE (SRI)/ ALM EVENTS: New York, NY October 2006 – September 2007 CONFERENCE PRODUCER, Life Sciences/Pharmaceuticals Division
• Responsible for producing both innovative and annual conferences.
• Intensively researched new and innovative life sciences and pharmaceutical conference topics through the targeted industry.
• Invited and confirmed executive, prominent level speakers within given deadlines and topic parameters.
• Developed comprehensive marketing campaigns and sponsorship/exhibition strategies throughout the entire production cycle.
• Worked with the marketing and sales teams on: 1) identifying potential partners and alliances; and 2) written sponsorships, marketing and promotional collateral disseminated through email/fax blasts, press releases, and mailings.
• Supervised and directed on-site event coordination; conducted post-event follow-up. JUVENILE DIABETES RESEARCH FOUNDATION (JDRF): New York, NY August 2004 – August 2006 MOVES MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR, Major Donor and Planned Gifts Department
• Staff liaison for the National Level Advocacy Program (NLAP) that cultivated and stewarded high-level advocates/supporters.
• Promoted JDRF via personal mailings, volunteer management, and activity coordination
• Planned outreach events: arranged for researchers and scientists to speaker on research updates.
• Wrote foundation requests, proposals and grants for a chapter’s budgetary requirements and the NLAP activities.
• Partnered with outside consultants for the promotion and execution of the 2005 Children's Congress.
• Created the Moves Management Program to cultivate, steward, and solicit major donors. JAPAN-AMERICA SOCIETY OF HAWAII (JASH): Honolulu, HI June 2001 – July 2004 EVENTS DIRECTOR
• Oversaw event management and daily coordination of all non-profit programs designed to support the mission and promote awareness of the advocacy agenda.
• Supervised on average of 2 programs per month for over 48 programs during tenure.
• Responsible for the JASH presence in the community and its support base (outside organizations).
• Directly in charge of the JASH Japan Perspectives, a continuum of educational outreach programs.
• Established the Young Professionals Program, 20-30-year-old professionals seeking social/cultural interaction with peers/mentors.
• Wrote foundation requests, proposals and grants for program management and budget, while increasing grant revenues to over
$500,000 in new monies.
• Solicited funds and donations from corporate members and outside organizations for various events, including and not limited to fundraisers, galas, silent auctions and the educational-based programs for Hawaii’s elementary though high school students.
• Editor and contributor of the quarterly newsletter, the Japan-America Journal and call external communication initiatives. University of Hawaii at Manoa Graduate School – Honolulu, HI 2000 – 2001 Asian Studies Master’s Degree Program
Brandeis University – Waltham, MA 1995 – 1999
Summa Cum Laude: Bachelor of Arts Degree
Double Major: English & American Literature and Politics/ Minor: Asian Studies Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) August 2016
51st Cherry Blossom Festival Court, Honolulu Japanese Junior Chamber of Commerce, Princess (2003-2004) American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)
Association of Meeting Professionals (AMPs)
Event Planners Association
Honolulu Junior Chamber of Commerce (HJCC)
Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) Alana Alissa Anderson Resume, Page 2 of 2