IT Management, Compliance, Projects Chicago, IL
Relevant Work Experience:
Old Republic Professional Liability (formerly Chicago Underwriting Group) Chicago, IL IT Project Analyst 2013–present
● Ranking IT employee
● Formalize and document IT procedures
● Vendor management
● Inventory management, hardware refreshes
● Business communications upgrades
● Access management
● Driving and supporting paperless initiatives
● Data management
● Project management
● Digital marketing (web, social, email)
● Branding compliance and asset control
● User onboarding and training
● Support for MacOS, iOS & Windows
Chicago Underwriting Group
Claims Handling (Errors & Omissions, Directors & Officers, Lawyers' Professional Liability) 2005–2013
● Frequent interaction with executive clients.
● IT/data projects: Claims data (SQL/MS Access), retention policy review, digital claim submission.
● Managing business data for annual company review and reinsurance presentation.
● Promoted within department in 2009 (Claims Assistant to Claims Handler). Freelance Editing, Journalism and Digital/Web Consulting Chicago/Online Finance, Commodities and Securities, Software and Game Development 2008–2014
● Industry & marketing news, digital consulting, style guides, managing and mentoring creatives, content curation.
University of Chicago Booth School of Business (then UChicago GSB) Chicago Assistant Lead – Tech Support 2003–2005
● Running computer lab, operating help desk, remote support, internally promoted
● Project management (traditional
phased/waterfall & Agile with Scrum)
● Requirements analysis, gathering,
grooming, testing & UAT
● Digital content & marketing (incl. Hubspot)
● Active Directory
● Compliance, including ISO 27001 and
regulatory requirements (e.g.,NY DFS
cybersecurity 23 NYCRR 500)
● IT security & business process
● Project planning and delivery
● SAP Concur config & administration
● Excellent interpersonal, teamwork,
leadership and communication skills
● Data: SQL and MS Access, XML, NoSQL
● Vendor management & SLAs
● Other tools: Lucidchart, G-Suite, MS
Office, Office 365, MS Office for Mac,
Sharepoint, Slack, Basecamp, Drupal,
(Education and Relevant Volunteer Experience on next page.) Education
Loyola University Chicago – Masters, Digital Humanities Graduated 2014 Relevant Topics: Comparative data formats and big data, software project management, interactive design, digitization/paperless, social and ethical issues in computing, information theory.
University of Chicago – BA cum laude; Dean's List Graduated 2005 Relevant Volunteer Experience
Gamers With Jobs – Managing Editor 2011–present
Assigning, approving, scheduling and editing articles. Recruiting, managing, training and mentoring writers.
Park Community Church – Various 2010–present
Leading, casting vision, training, maintaining financial rules and confidentiality, connecting resources and needs.
Chicago Loot Drop Charity – Co-Founder and CFO 2010–present Organizing and networking Chicagoland nerds and hosting fundraiser events. Partnering with local creative, cultural, and entrepreneurial groups. Managing regulatory filing and data with financial PII and HIPAA concerns.