Pearland, Texas 77584 firstname.lastname@example.org
A highly effective Quality / HS&E Management Professional who meets challenges directly and creates positive change. A detail-oriented leader with a broad background in quality management, environmental rules and safety regulations. A focused and dedicated individual with a proven ability to develop and manage compliance and safety programs that ensure safety, maximize efficiency and optimize profitability.
Since being layed-off during the down turn of petroleum related industry I have been working in the retail industry. I have fulfilled the following positions (Logistics-Merchandising-Customer Service) in the retail working part-time at (3) different areas which include Office Depot, Kohls Department Store and Ross Department Store.
More than twenty years of quality, safety, and environmental management experience includes: Product Design / Development Risk Assessment / Management Product Release / Shipment Procurement / Purchasing Equipment Calibration Quality Management Review Contract Review Testing / Measuring / Monitoring Continuous Improvement Management of Change Regulatory / OSHA Compliance Quality / Safety Data Analysis Document / Record Control Non-Conformance Issues Product Servicing Production Planning Process / Quality / Safety Audits Certified Instructor / Trainer EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Lead person for product logistics receiving and distribution throughout the store to ensure the Product was delivered to the correct department and merchandised according the plan-o-gram. Damaged product was processed to be returned the main warehouse for credit. All freight packaging was prepared and returned to the warehouse for process credit. Provided great Customer Service to customers in support to ensure their shopping needs were met. Lamons,Houston, Texas
Corporate Quality / Safety Manager 2010-2015
Managed the Quality and Safety Department activities and personnel for all business operating units’ manufacturing process areas at more than 20 North American sites and 8 European/Asian/South American manufacturing locations.
● Successfully obtained API 17D, API 20E, and OHSAS 18001 certifications and maintained / achieved recertification for the ISO 9001, and API 6A, API 17D programs.
● Managed compliance and further development of Quality, Environmental and Safety Programs to ensure conformity to governing regulations and standards.
● Managed all product documentation for new product development and manufacturing from the design phase through testing and manufacturing. WS Nelson & Company,Houston, Texas 2009 - 2010
Project Manager / Quality Assurance Manager
Managed inspection personnel assigned to monitor the manufacturing activities onsite at 12 different suppliers’ facilities to ensure compliance with approved processes and materials. Managed 15 - 18 field inspectors from various disciplines: welding, raw material, and electrical.
● Conducted scheduled and random quality system audits to verify ISO 9001 compliance at the selected manufacturing suppliers, review / approve Inspection/Test Plans
● Reviewed daily and weekly reports of the inspection activities completed and verified order completion status.
Forge USA,Houston, Texas 2005 - 2009
Quality Assurance Manager
Led the Manufacturing Quality & Environmental Team and other program activities to assure product and environmental compliance to governing industry and environmental standards, as well as customer requirements.
● Worked with the management team members to review the Quality, Safety & Environmental System compliance and the progress of improvements in the key production process areas.
● Reviewed manufacturing document(s), verified compliance to the established storm water contaminant(s) limits and recommend corrective measures to address areas which were outside the established range.
● Identified and reviewed additional improvement opportunities throughout the plant that positively impacted Product Quality, Compliance with HSE Policies and Procedures, On-Time Delivery and Customer Satisfaction. Upon the completion of improvements the operation successfully achieved positive results thorough increased sales of 25% from current customers and receiving additional orders $10 million from new customer. Oil States Industries,Houston, Texas 1998 - 2005
Quality Control Manager
Led the Quality Assurance team to ensure that subsea equipment being manufactured was verified as fully compliant with engineering design drawings, industry standards, and shop floor inspection processes. Developed and implemented the Measurement System Analysis (MSA) Program, Process Control Program, Quality Improvement Team, Auditing Program, HSE Program and Supply Chain Management Program.
● Checked manufacturing Auto-Cad drawings to ensure they were complete and correct.
● Developed and implemented the HSE Program to ensure compliance with HSE standards and guidelines.
● Established goals to reduce the number of recordable incidents at this facility by 8% the first year and established guidelines to continue making this facility a safer work environment for all employees.
● Implemented procedures and established guidelines to reduce the levels contaminants in the storm water discharges from the facility.
● Managed Customer Surveillance Audits to ensure the Customer obtained the information needed to verify compliance to all contractual requirements.
● Developed and implemented Manufacturing Inspection Plans and procedures for new product designs.
A&C Quality Services,Pearland, Texas 1995 - 1998
Owner / Quality Consultant
Founded a quality consulting firm, providing inspection / verification services to companies in the US and overseas.
● Developed and implemented a QS 9000 Quality Program for (4) Chemical Plant Operating units & (1) Power Generating Site PITI POWER Plant - GUAM.
● Provided training for Quality Auditors to meet Industry Standards and supplier governing order requirements.
● Chaired the Safety and Environmental Development Team to devise and implement program to meet ISO 14001. Conducted supplier quality system audits, field inspections, and witnessed testing to assure compliance to Customer order.
Owner / Quality Consultant, A&C Quality Services - continued
● Assisted with the implementation of an SAP module used to manage sales and product inventory shipped nationwide to key Customers in the automotive market and other extrusion industries.
● Provided key input for manufacturer’s developing alternative power sources for new engineering designs in the manufacturing field.
Specialty Rubber & Gasket,Deer Park, Texas 1991 - 1995 Quality Manager
● Developed and implemented an ISO 9000 Quality Program and a Welding Program to achieve Certification at three manufacturing facilities located throughout the U.S. These accomplishments led to the company winning a $150 million contract to supply flexible metal connections to General Electric Power Division.
Stewart & Stevenson Services, Inc.,Houston, Texas 1983 - 1991 Senior QA Engineer
Managed the Quality Program for all government contracts to deliver equipment on-time which exceeded
$800 Million dollars per year.
● Reviewed RFQ’s and provided input for the final bid proposal being prepared by the Marketing Team.
● Conducted supplier quality audits, approved equipment qualification test procedures, and prepared product test data presented to Customer for final acceptance and release of product.
● Key team member responsible for the prototype development, testing, and review of data which led to the initial award of a $750 Million Military Tactical Vehicles contract from the U.S. Army.
United States Navy 1976 - 1983
Leading Petty Officer for the #2 Main Engine Room which had (4) Gas Turbine engines along with all the support equipment. Managed a 22-man crew, scheduled maintenance, maintained engine operating logs and trained all personnel in the crew.
● Earned the Enlisted Surface Warfare Qualification (ESWS) and became qualified as the Engineering Officer of the Watch for the entire engineering plant.
● Completed “A” & “C” School for Gas Turbine Specialists.
● Member of the Pre-Commissioning Crew of the USS John Rodgers DD983. Commissioned ship and continued to serve on the ship for the next 5 years. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science, Business and Manufacturing
University of Phoenix, Houston, Texas
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor • ISO 18001 Internal Auditor • Certified Welding Inspector