MARSHA R. BONNER, SHRM-CP
917-***-**** ● firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.linkedin.com/in/marshabonner SUMMARY
Senior Human Resources Executive committed to driving human capital management transactional and transformational business objectives. Capable of advancing recruiting and retention strategies, leading talent management and performance management initiatives, cultivating strategic alliances and partnerships, spearheading diversity and inclusion programs, and providing human resources policy and compliance guidance in diverse, matrix organizations. Recognized as an accomplished and dynamic facilitator, moderator, presenter and speaker. CORE BUSINESS COMPETENCIES
• Organizational & Leadership Development • Performance & Talent Management • Trainer and Facilitator
• Change Management Initiatives • Recruiting & Retention Strategies • Coach and Mentor
• Human Capital & Workforce Planning • On-boarding & Off-boarding Programs • Employee & Labor Relations
• Diversity & Inclusion Advocacy • Compensation & Benefits Administration • HR Regulatory Compliance PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
MRW CONSULTING GROUP INTERNATIONAL, LLC, New Jersey 2012 - Present Human Resources organizational and talent development consulting firm. (project-based) Senior Human Resources Executive (consultant)
• Deliver human resources strategic solutions to meet business objectives focused on talent assessment, recruiting and retention, employee engagement and satisfaction, change management, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, and compensation and benefits initiatives.
Conduct Human Resources Department Assessments offering redesign recommendations aligned with implementation plans designed to meet the specific short and long-term strategic needs of the organization and department.
Design, conduct, analyze and deliver results for Employee Engagement and Satisfaction Survey’s with actionable next step recommendations for client organizations.
Design and facilitate Performance Management, Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Behavior Training Programs.
Source, identify and interview candidates for senior-level roles successfully placing several individuals in management positions.
VILLAGECARE, New York, NY 2018 - 2019
A not-for-profit organization with an array of community and residential programs, as well as Medicaid and Medicare health plans.
Vice President of Human Resources
• Led the strategic human capital business initiatives and provided sound guidance to the organization’s leadership and management teams in recruitment/talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, employee/labor relations, employee health services, legal/regulatory requirements, training, succession planning and organizational development initiatives.
Created and advanced a Workforce Development Plan designed to drive the organization’s services, plans and outreach strategies aligned with the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership objectives.
Analyzed, assessed and provided a succinct and clear storyline on organizational and market trends to inform key business decisions and organizational improvement opportunities.
Complied with federal, state and city legal requirements by adhering to legislative and compliance requirements and advising management on necessary actions to take on new or evolving laws or regulations.
MARSHA R. BONNER, SHRM-CP
917-***-**** ● email@example.com ● www.linkedin.com/in/marshabonner ● page 2 NEW JERSEY PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, Newark, NJ 2015 - 2018 One of the largest performing arts centers in the United States. Assistant Vice President of Human Resources
• Led and directed the human resources function to proactively support the organization’s mission, vision, values and culture. In consultation with the executive management team, determine the strategic direction and allocation of human capital to achieve the organization’s goals.
Provided comprehensive support to drive strategic initiatives focused on leadership development, human capital planning, employee engagement and satisfaction, retention and recruitment, compensation and benefits management, staffing, diversity and inclusion, training, employee/labor relations, legal/regulatory requirements, succession planning and organizational development.
Complied with federal, state, and city legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, advising management on necessary actions in alignment with current employment law requirements.
Guided management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
Oversaw the activities of the Volunteer Services Office; maximized department’s value to further the NJPAC mission.
THE NEW YORK TIMES COMPANY, New York, NY 2002 - 2011 Leading global, multi-media company.
Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Internal Consultant) (2007-2011) Human Resources Business Partner (Internal Consultant) (2002-2007)
• Trusted business advisor to senior leaders, managers and staff providing human resources guidance, direction and coaching while successfully directing corporate HR initiatives.
• Conducted routine benchmark compensation analyses to ensure that salaries across departments aligned with industry standards; resolved sensitive and complex performance and employee relations issues to maintain operational equity and fairness across departments.
• Dissolved a business operation and integrated people and functions into new departments/locations and realized $1 million in cost savings; led a major staff reduction and placed several employees in open positions saving the company approximately $100k in recruiting costs.
THEGLOBE.COM, INC., New York, NY 2000 - 2001
Publicly held internet company (dissolved).
Human Resources Director
• Designed and implemented compensation guidelines to reward employee performance based on established goals and measurable results.
• Led several cross-functional teams focused on achieving company objectives, identifying new business opportunities, nurturing existing businesses, and developing key talent. AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS, New York, NY 1989 - 2000 World’s largest member association representing the accounting profession. Human Resources Corporate Recruiter (1997-2000)
Human Resources Generalist (1994-1997)
Senior Executive Assistant to SVP of Marketing, Product and Organizational Development (1991-1994) Administrative Assistant to VP Communications and Public Relations (1989-1991) MARSHA R. BONNER, SHRM-CP
917-***-**** ● firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.linkedin.com/in/marshabonner ● page 3 EDUCATION
MASTER OF SCIENCE, Organizational Change Management Robert J. Milano Graduate School of Management and Urban Policy, New School University, New York, NY BACHELOR OF ARTS, Corporate Communications with a Minor in Writing Bernard M. Baruch College, New York, NY
PROFESSIONAL in HUMAN RESOURCES (SHRM-CP) CERTIFICATION Society for Human Resource Management
Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Human Capital Institute (HCI)
Human Resources Association of New York (HR/NY)
National Association of African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR)