J’né (je-nay) Powell
email@example.com 312-***-**** http://www.linkedin.com/in/jnepowell
Results-oriented and versatile healthcare leader with industry experience in the areas of Specialty and Primary care services. Experience in Home care, Chronic Disease Management, Primary Care & Reproductive health including ambulatory operations, physician practice management, and operational improvement in a variety of healthcare settings. Highly skilled in project management, financial and strategic planning, business development, and process optimization. Advanced experience in applying operational excellence and methodologies to the healthcare environment in ways that are tangible and sustainable
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Outpatient/Ambulatory Care Center Management
• Staff Performance Management
• Team building & Recruitment
• Multi Center Management
• Cost Management/Inventory/Budgets for large healthcare clinics
• Community Event coordination, planning and execution
• Conflict Management, Resolution & Prevention Strategy
Training Leadership Skills
• Customer Service, New Hire Orientation, Quality Management & Safety Training
• HIPAA Compliance & New Manager hiring & development
• Training new leaders in Interpersonal & Management Skills
• Leading and directing cross-functional work groups with matrixed report structures (Physicians, RN, NP, PA, Social Worker and Dietician, PCT, Admin Assistants, MA's)
• Decreased specialty visit Cycle time from 68mins to 57mins in first 90 days at PPOSBC
• Implemented written policies for excellence in patient relations and patient flow for Front & Back office staff
• Ensuring a smooth and efficient operation through daily oversight of Front and Back office staff & Clinicians
• Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive discussions with the highest degree of confidentiality
• Motivated and supervised 65+ direct reports daily (monthly and yearly evaluations included)
• Event planning and training/coordinating staff for large and small formal and informal events
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere coordinating customer service, sales and operations
• Diplomatically resolved complaints; create and implement plans to prevent satisfaction issues in operations
• Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with Clinicians, Managers, Executives, Faculty, and staff from varied social, cultural and economic backgrounds.
Administrative Leadership Skills
• Accounting & P&L reports/budgeting in excess of 800k monthly
• Ensure facility is in regulatory compliance with all governing agencies
• Successfully passed Pharmacy, CLIA, CMS, State Health Dept & internal franchise quality audits
• Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint-Advanced proficiency; Athena Business System,
• EMS software such as; E-Clinical Works & Proprietary software for DaVita Clinical platforms and intranet systems
• Initiating purchases, new vendor set-ups and budget analysis through sales and inventory reconciliation
• Initiating contracts, fulfilling contracts for healthcare services provided in the home and in clinics
• Maintain variety of records, logs, databases and files related to confidential activities and personnel
• Payroll processing and time sheet reconciliation through ADP, Utilizing Learning Management Systems, Workday UltiPro and Bullhorn ATS systems and other program management systems such as; Aesop, CONCUR, iProc
Recent Professional Experience
Clinic Manager PMR Healthcare Indianapolis IN 9/2018-present
• Leading Operations of a Primary Care Clinic
• Prepare, monitor and adhere to budgets.
• Personnel oversight of professional and support staff, including performance management including: Recruiting, Hiring, Onboarding, Scheduling, Appraisal, Disciplinary action and Offboarding.
• Assure adherence to HIPAA regulations
Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
• Inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipts.
• Maintain a focus on continued education by engaging in educational opportunities
• Serve and protect the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies, and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local requirements.
• Development of processes and procedures for operational excellence.
Health Center Administrator PPOSBC Orange County, CA 12/2014-7/2016
• Directed all health center operations for a Primary Care and Reproductive health clinic in excess of 1400-1700 patient visits per month
• Decreased visit Cycle time from 68mins to 57mins in first 90 days, corrected processes in Primary Care visit Structure and coordinating care through Case management and Call center Scheduling in order to provide excellent patient visit and facilitate Medicare reimbursement activity.
• Leading an interdisciplinary team of Dr.’s. RN’s, NP’s, CNA’s & Administrative Assistants -Schedules, orients, and supervises personnel in the areas of personnel policies and procedures, medical procedures, statistical and record keeping requirements, inventory procedures, office and equipment maintenance, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, Illness & Injury Policies & Procedures, OSHA, CLIA & Board of Pharmacy Guidelines, emergency procedures, and on-going training/updates as required.
• Develop operational plans to assure medical and logistical viability and to fulfill goals and objectives in a coordinated, effective and efficient manner.
• Manages financial plans, resources and budgets while accountable for daily operation of the health clinic
• Identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service
• Continually works to reduce operating costs while maintaining quality of care and productivity standards
• Run hiring and training process for Clinicians including observation of skills and sign off on clinical procedures.
Dialysis Facility Administrator DaVita(HCP) Fullerton, CA 11/2011-12/2014
• CEO- responsible for all operations, compliance and budgeting including performance evaluation of RN, Social Worker, Dietician, PCT and administrative staff for the Dialysis facility.
• Promote the provision of cost effective, high quality Outpatient treatents formore than 140 Chronic ESRD patients
•Implemented changes in first year of hire that produced a 5 star CMS rating from the previous 2 star rating
•Develop budgets, including forecasts of revenue, personnel requirements, capital expenditures, training and customer growth to assure financial viability and to fulfill the goals and objectives in a coordinated, effective and efficient manner. Report and interpret monthly and annual data to assure budget compliance.
•Resolve conflicts which occur in an organization while protecting the professional and legal rights of everyone involved.
•Resolve problems related to staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment and supplies.
•Analyze systems and procedures and initiate changes to improve work flow and efficiency.
•Directed recruiting to source for diverse candidates, create strategies for challenging recruitment, and screen senior level candidates; run hiring and training process for Managers and Clinicians
Operations Manager BrightStar Healthcare Ann Arbor, MI 05/2009-01/2010
• Directed the Office and supervision of RN, LPN, CNA and Caregiver staff for a home health care agency
• Contract facilitation for home care services
• Facilitated all aspects of payroll, billing, hiring, verifying credentials, employee orientation, staff scheduling, HIPAA compliance, and signing up national contracts including requirement review and RN training for contract fulfillment
• On-site management of flu clinics from planning and coordination through facilitation and billing.
Retail Ops Mgr/Multi-unit Sodexo Campus Services Bourbonnais, IL 06/2005-04/2008
• Directed build-out and staffing of 8 retail dining outlets in Portland, OR and 5 in Bourbonnais, IL. All functions of hiring, training, scheduling, budget, inventory, ordering, menu plan & design for +1200 daily meals, new hire orientation and HR/payroll functions for 60+staff. Health safety and service standards audits. Franchise certification audits. Software training and register programming. Menu planning and production for 3 satellites of the Resident Dining program. Management of Catering support staff on formal and informal events including the University President's annual ball and 50+ events on Homecoming Weekend. Staffing to serve 25-700 guests. Presenting Sodexo and national brands including Starbucks, Noah's Bagels and Freshens Yogurt and a convenience store. Hired and trained staff for multiple new facility openings.
Manager & Training Specialist Panera Bread Torrance, CA 04/2004-06/2005
• Directed daily service, scheduling, customer service training, Payroll, Accounting, P&L statements. Hired, tested and trained staff to exceed national audit requirements. Developed 5 hourly staff into Management. Inventory, ordering supplies and scheduling. Hired and trained staff for two new facilities.
Healthcare Recruiter DeVore Recruiting Sherman Oaks, CA 11/2016-current
• Fill Executive and Clinical roles with the most qualified medical and administrative professionals across the country, utilizing innovative recruitment methods to place professionals who align with client specifications
• Sources potential candidates from applicant tracking database, internal candidates and external sources.
• Utilize cost-effective staffing solutions, personalized attention and direct recruitment for Assisted Living, CCRC, Home Health Agency, Skilled Nurses & SNF support staff
Central Michigan University
• BS in Dietetics
• MS in Health Services Administration
Strategic Planning, Facility Management, Process Improvement, Profit & Loss, Multi-Site Operations, General Management, Performance Improvement, Brand Management, Policies & Procedures, Capital Budget, Change Management, Regulatory Compliance, Sales, Operational Budget, Participative Management, Human Resources, Start Up, Contract Negotiation, Operations Management, Leadership, Organizational Development, Business Development, Executive Leadership, Customer Retention, Matrix Management, Employee Development, Corporate Administration, Accounting, Profit & Loss, P& L, Event Planning, Recruitment, Procurement, Training & Development, Employee Coaching & Evaluation, Margin Improvement, Community Engagement, Marketing, Quality Control / Assurance