Kalaya M. Le Doux
***** ***** ******** **** *** Diego, CA 92130
c. 727-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Team focused biomedical and chemical engineer with a passion for progressing the medical and chemical field. Strong experience in developing chemical plants, enhancing chemical operations, and developing medical devices.
B.S in Chemical Engineering with specification in Biomedical Engineering- Florida State University, graduated August 2018
Designed Chemical Plant, Chemical Design Spring 2018
• Designed and optimized chemical methanol production using reaction with commercial catalyst by maximizing product purity with lowest cost.
• Constructed flowsheet and simulation in Aspen V10 software.
• Enhanced product purity by 8% compared to literature.
Liquid-Liquid Extraction of Propyl Alcohol from Hexadecane, Unit Operations Fall 2018
• Evaluated the chemical removal of Propyl Alcohol from Hexadecane using an extraction Karr column and multiple model fitting.
• Wrote and performed operating procedure for 12 operators.
• Improved the effective transition of experimental conditions resulting in constant operation.
Built Electrocardiography (ECG), Quantitative Anatomy & Systems Physiology Fall 2017
• Developed medical device from square wave oscillator, amplifiers, high pass active filters, active gain control, notch filters for 50/60Hz rejection, resistors, and capacitors.
• Performed quality control tests using BioPac software with 98% accuracy compared to controled ECG.
CAMP OR L’DOR, Wisconsin Dells, WI
Camp Director January 2016- August2017
• Planned/Directed entire indoor/outdoor sleep away camp for over 45 teens and more
than 20 staff.
• Improved on work flow, staffing, logistics, and communication compared to
previous 7 years.
FSU OUTDOOR RECREATION Tallahassee, FL
Outdoor Pursuits Trip Leader March 2015- August 2017
• Planned/lead journey expedition based outdoor education trips for participants.
• Introduced, planned and lead 5 new trips compared to previous years.
NORTHSIDE HOSPITAL & TAMPA BAY HEART INSTITUTE, St. Pete, FL
Executive Intern March 2011- June 2013
• Assisted performing professional medical care directly in the cardiology department more effective and frequently than previous interns.
Software: Aspen Plus V10, Aspen Economics, MATLAB/Simulink, Polymath and Biopac
Chemical Technique: Gas Chromatography (GC), Column Chromatography, NMR Spectroscopy