Stanford University Faculty Club
Sou Chef 2014-present
As a Sou Chef I am the direct assistant to the Executive catering chef. In this role I am responsible for assigning all prep list for the BEOs . That is the Catering parties, buffets and banquets that we do using set menus sold by our Sales staff.
• Butchering and filleting and portioning proteins ie sirloin, whole Atlantic salmon, tri tip, Dover sole, cod, and chicken .
• Vegan dishes ( from conception through execution ).
• Menu writing
• specialty sauces
• All Front of the house liaison for parties and banquets. Ie all carving stations and any front special line stations.
All events are serving form 50 to 250 guests and one to three parties and or buffet and banquets going on, some simultaneously .
• responsible for any additional staff needed for service. Prep cooks, cooks, line and pantry.
EBay ( North Campus) San Jose, CA.
Jr. Chef ( Catering) March 2013-July 2013
As a Jr. Chef I was responsible for the execution of all catering orders throughout the North Bay campus of eBay on a daily basis from start to finish.
• Ie . All sauces, dressing, brines and rubs from scratch.
• all set up for catering jobs from 80 to 200 guests and clients. From start to finish .
• hors d'oeuvres, salads, and all entrée. Done from scratch.
• trained in quantity and quality control for the number of guests.
• trained in Indian traditional cuisine by Chef Michael from India in all entrées of Northern India at the all Indian Cafe #17at eBay North.
• Trained in proper use of all Indian spices.
Also started to learn ordering and Forcastingng.
The Oracle ( Santa Clara, Ca) July 2013
Catering Lead Cook
In this position I was responsible for all catering assignments on a daily basis from breakfast to lunch and afternoon snacks for staff at the Santa Clara campus.
• team lead for 1 other catering cook. In this all scratch Kitchen.
• Supplying all food items from frittatas for breakfast and elaborate fruit trays to all lunch entrees chosen from a variety of Chefs 4 course menus.
• Responsible for all afternoon snacks for Clients from conception thru Execution .
• Writing of Menus for various client parties and meeting events.
SAP (Aramark) San Jose, CA United States
Cook 1 October 2011 - 2013
●As a cook 1 for the Sharks sports team (Hockey ) in San Jose, I was directly responsible for the Hot line along with a team of 5 others. This line provided all meals directly for the Sharks and their wives. Functions included;
●Prepping of all vegetables (chopping dicing, and mincing);
●Blanching all vegetables;
●Grill firing and finishing all product on the line;
●Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or poultry;
●In this position I also assisted in the pantry four days a week.
THE MOUNTAIN WINERY SARATOGA, CA United States
LINE COOK/ JR CHEF April 2010 - October 2013
●As a Line COOK / JR Chef at the Mountain Winery ( A concert and events venue winery). I was on the line responsible for my own station. this station was all fry & some grill items, made to order. Daily Prep lists were assigned.
●Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
●Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
●Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
●Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
●Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
●Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
●Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
●Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
●Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
●Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
●Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
●Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
UNIVERSITY OF MO. ROLLA, MISSOURI United States
●I also have a BA in Sports Medicine / Nutrition
●Personal Chef for 8 years serving Families and Individuals. Demonstration Chef at various Department Stores and Wedding Showers. Chef for various church and social events.