ASTRID VALERIA DE SANTIAGO
Dynamic and skilled engineering professional with experience in the development and design of industrial process equipment and product engineering applications. Looking for an opportunity to work as a design mechanical engineer in a renowned organization. Education
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DECEMBER 2015 CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH
· Major: Mechanical Engineering
· Related coursework: SolidWorks, Creo(ProE), CatiaV5, Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, MATLAB, ANSYS, ABAQUS, Fluent in Spanish.
ASSOCIATE MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER THE TORO COMPANY JUNE 2016-PRESENT
· Oversee mechanical design phases from prototype through production. o Nozzle Base Cover Debris Seal, Flow straightener to increase radius, and innovated a new nozzle design to improve overall performance.
· Collaborate with Chief Design Engineer on various projects: Implementing the newest line of Large Commercial Rotors, high volume rotors failure analysis, and used inspection equipment to qualify components received from outside vendors.
· Used ANSYS to qualify prototype nozzle designs and worked closely with the mold maker.
· Work to improve and maintain existing products.
o Rotor Improvement project, debris complications solutions for returns from the field, and weld project.
Skills & Abilities
· Applied engineering and technical support that follows product release of requirements, specifications, and drawings for fabrication, assembly, testing and sustaining production line. (PDM)
· Managed New Product Development and tested prototypes. CORE QUALIFICATION
· CAD Software (Creo and SolidWorks, ANSYS/ FEA/ Fluid Analysis).
· 3D-Printing (Prototype stage).
· Proficient (Quality program to manage machinery and progress of the production line).
· Injection Molding basic knowledge.
· Designed Multidirectional Wheelchair attachment to allow a 360 degree motion o Fabricated linkages and piston cap. Used lathe and mill for cutting and drilling to complete project. AWARDS/LEADERSHIP
· I was nominated as a team member and received The Circle of Excellence, a distinguished award which represents innovation, proactiveness, outstanding performance at The Toro Company. Nov. 2017
· Created a workout group to promote Health and Wellness in the workplace. Jan.2017-PRESENT
· Lead a group of colleagues to maintain a Giving Garden, a volunteer activity that provided the less fortunate with fruits and vegetables. June 2016-PRESENT