STEPHEN D. LEE
Innovative, hands-on, delivery-focused Senior IT Program Management Executive with 20+ years of proven success and full Profit and Loss responsibility and accountability managing large Global IT, Data Center, Disaster Recovery, Telecom, Infrastructure Services and Enterprise Architecture Redesigns, including Application / Database Development and DevOps / Cloud Transformation projects up to $50M. Approachable, visionary Manager with a clear sense of purpose and urgency when faced with diverse situational challenges during periods of both development, project implementation and rapid growth. Skilled at establishing operational excellence within culturally diverse environments, translating conceptual models into specific growth strategies, consistently managing the aligning of technology capabilities with business strategy, and planning/executing multi-faceted global business development campaigns designed to improve market share, gross revenue and EBITDA Expert problem solver and decision maker, with outstanding presentation and human resource skills, hiring and developing high-performance teams and managing several hundred employees with multiple functions, in multiple locations globally. Runner-up for KPMG’s USA High Technology Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2001. ITIL v3, SEI-CMM / CMMI & ISO (SCAMPI) certified, FEMA Certified Program Manager and Trainer; and expert with associated SDLC, PMI / PMBOK, Scrum / Agile, Lean, Six Sigma, SOX, NIST / FISMA / FEDRAMP (SOX & SSAE-16) including PCI, HIPAA & SEC/FDIC Security Compliance (Network Security, Logon Security, Logical & Physical Access Control, Change Control, SDLC and Security Audit Policies), CobIT etc. Developed Best Practice frameworks for use in IT Service Environments. US Citizen with recent Federal DoD & DoI Security Clearances.
Key competencies include:
̈ Program Management ̈ Project Management ̈ COOP / DR (Business Continuity) ̈ Risk Assessment / Management ̈ SaaS, PaaS & IaaS Project Management ̈ Process Management & Improvement ̈ Cost Reduction / Containment ̈ Infrastructure & Telecommunications ̈ Strategic Operational Planning ̈ Change Management ̈ 3rd Party Contractual Negotiations ̈ Data Center Management & Operations ̈ Enterprise Architecture ̈ Re-Engineering Operations (Security) ̈ Turnaround / Restructure Management PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ADVANCED NETWORK MANAGEMENT (ANM), Albuquerque, New Mexico (2016 – 2018) A recognized leader in the Information Technology (IT) industry, that designs, implements, and supports IT solutions for large and mid-size companies in New Mexico, Colorado and Texas.
Senior Program / Project Manager
• Management of over 25 projects at any point in time (several hundred projects in 2yrs), overseeing all phases of design / development through execution, closure and support. Projects included: CORE Data Center, Cloud Migrations (including AWS, Microsoft/Azure, splunk, NetApp, BOX & SalesForce / FinancialForce CRM’s), ACI, Hyperflex, AMP, EDGE Networking, FirePower, Collaboration, IWAN, Security (Next- Gen) including a variety of Discovery & Design projects.
• Conceived, mapped out and executed projects to further customers’ ambitious business goals, maximizing budgets and profitability with on time and within scope delivery, infusing user-centered design, best practices, and truly accountable leadership into daily operations.
• Managed cross program strategic planning, sequencing, and project lifecycle execution; projects typically required extensive localization / translation management and organizational readiness, managing stakeholder expectations, by aligning and managing technical, monetary and personnel resources, closely monitoring project progress and steering communication to build synergy amongst teams, devising contingency plans, and troubleshooting issues to ensure full customer satisfaction.
• Led meetings to deliver status reports to business & IT Governance compliance leads, stakeholders etc., including presenting updates, insights, challenges and risks together with providing recommendations for improvements for program enhancements to Executive Management. CHEROKEE NATION TECHNOLOGIES, Albuquerque, New Mexico (2014 – 2016, two-year contract) Native American tribally owned 8(a) Information Technology Services Company Senior Federal Programs Manager and Solution Architect for Department of Interior (DOI) / Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Office of IT, Division of Information Operations, managing their IT and IS Contract.
• Direct management and P&L responsibility for managing 96 full time salaried staff, multiple subcontractors, supporting two large 24x7 Data Centers, Core, Edge & WiFi Networks spanning 17 regional offices and over 20,000 state and local government employees, several hundred Native American schools & colleges (BIE), hospitals (IHS) their applications and managed services located in urban and remote rural areas nationally.
• Functional/Task Areas of full P&L management responsibility included: Directing / Managing - Systems Administration, Application & Development, Database Administration, Programmers, Security & Storage, 24x7 Data Center & AWS Cloud Operations, Telecom & Network Engineering, NOC, Help Desk, Desktop User Support, together with Program Management Office (PMO) Functions (i.e. Project Managers, Technical Writers, Management Analysts, Business Analysts, Disaster Recovery, Configuration Management and Quality Control / Testing groups).
• Managed senior management teams ensuring IT initiatives achieved BIA’s business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future projects.
• Oversaw the management of certification testing and reporting in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), identifying deficiencies (Plan of Action Milestones (POA&Ms)) and provided recommendations for STIG-ing (Security Technical Implementation Guide) Hardening the Environment. Ran associated change management process, which assessed security impact of any proposed changes.
• Managed team leads who created and maintained information system security documentation, including Security Configuration Guides and design documents describing how security features are implemented. STEPHEN D. LEE Page Two
CACI, Fairfax, Virginia (2012 – 2014, two-year contract) World’s Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. Senior Program Manager, SME and Solution Architect – Infrastructure Services (Federal Civilian Services Group)
• Developed and architected technology transformation solutions for multiple Federal customers, managing Teaming Partners, Task Order / Task Area Managers and Sub-Contractors. Included FEDRAM Certified AWS Cloud buildouts and migrations.
• Directed the solution-ing of large $100M+ proposals and bid as the PM on several $100M+ Infrastructure Services Contracts.
• Architected security risk assessment programs (Risk Radar) to identify and document any risks that were discovered within the Program.
• Managed the development, review, and dissemination of Information Security awareness communications in coordination with other Federal partner institutional stakeholders (i.e.: DoD, TSA, Dept of Treasury, SEC etc.), providing subject matter expertise to Compliance Committees.
• Led associated customer Orals and Q&A sessions resulting in excellent 5/5 ratings.
• Drafted and presented milestone reviews to executive stakeholders, and an active participant in Pink, Black Hat, Red and Gold team reviews. SL CONSULTING, Albuquerque, New Mexico (2009 - 2012) Executive Management Consultant – Telecom, Internet and Information Technology customers Contracts have included:
• Interim General Manager for OSO Grande Technologies (local Southwestern Data Center & IP Technology Company) Managing company recapitalization, restructuring and facility upgrade, including implementing a fully managed Private NetApp Cloud initiative.
• Program Manager for Hughes Network Services (world's leading provider of broadband satellite services, products, and managed network solutions) Managing Southwest Jupiter Satellite installations.
• Chief of Network Services at NOVA Corporation (Native American (Navajo Indian) tribally owned 8(a) Technology Company). Native American (Navajo Indian) tribally owned 8(a) Technology Company) Managing a $65M project to build out Technology, (Telecommunications, Broadband Internet and a LEED Green Certified Data Center to include the provision of Disaster Recovery, Call Center and Managed Cloud Services) on the Navajo Indian Reservation.
ONE CONNECT IP & ZIANET, Albuquerque, New Mexico (2006 - 2009) Premier Hosted VoIP and facilities-based regional Southwest Internet Services Provider. President & CEO (and Board Director)
• Full P&L responsibility and accountability for managing all aspects of company operations, over 150 employees, reporting directly to the Board.
• Directed and managed the recapitalization and restructuring of company in early 2007, redesigning and reducing core & edge network expenses by 35%, and increasing VoIP, Internet and Virtual Server services revenue by over 100%. Implementing Managed Private Cloud Services. SL CONSULTING, Vienna, Virginia (2005 – 2006, two year contract) Executive Management Consultant – IBM & Wachovia Bank
• Consulting contract with IBM Global Business Consulting Services as an Executive Program Manager (EPM) on a $50M BASEL II ACCORD/Risk Data – Financial Trading System (RDS) implementation project with Wachovia Bank to migrate Wachovia’s servers to IBM Cloud Managed Services.
• Managed the Application Assessment, planning, design, and evaluation of Wachovia Banks information systems and architecture, ensuring SOX, PCI & SEC / FDIC compatibility and compliance.
• Managed the resource gathering for interdependency mapping, Runbook review meetings, tracking progress, solving issues and ensuring all Stakeholders were up to date on status.
• Following successful cutover and testing signoff, oversaw management of de-commissioning of source systems. TELIA INTERNET, Reston, Virginia (1999 – 2003)
Tier-1, full-service, facilities-based global Internet Services Provider and wholly owned subsidiary of the Telia Sonera Corporation in Sweden. President & CEO (acting CTO) (and Board Director)
• Full P&L responsibility and accountability for managing all aspects of company operations, over 200 employees, reporting directly to the Board.
• Managed the resurrection and restructuring of a bankrupt Tier-1 ISP – AGIS (Apex Global Internet Services) from Chapter-11 bankruptcy, curing over $150 million dollars of creditor debt and creating Telia Internet, Inc. with the emerging assets, leading new company to achieve “#1 ISP in USA ranking by BoardWatch and Keynote Systems for 2001”.
• Managed the renegotiation, reducing operating expenses by over 65%, and increased sales by over 800% in 1st year of operation.
• Managed the design and implementation of a new state-of-the-art Tier-1 fiber optical OC-12, OC-48, OC-192 IP, MPLS Core network, with Nortel, Cisco, Juniper, Lucent & 3Com equipment at the Core and Edge.
• Directed the re-engineering, design and build-out of 36 new data/collocation centers, including disaster recovery and network operations centers, with over 100,000 ports, covering 90% of the US with toll- free local calling and wired and wireless IP Broadband Internet and VoIP access.
• Pioneered the architecting of Mobile Internet ("IP Traveler") products and services, building out airport WiFi access points and provided broadband access to airline lounges, banks and ATM kiosks, together with small businesses within these structures.
• Developed IP Traveler clearing house products, allowing wireless roaming across multiple user’s networks.
• Managed the development and deployment of MDU (Multi Dwelling Unit) wired and wireless products and services, used within a campus environment, green-field developments, or high rise multi dwelling building(s).
• Designed Virtual Internet Service Provider (VISP), Internet-in-a-box, total portal solution for Tier-2 & Tier-3 providers (virtual Internet WiFi access services, whereby you could access the network from 90% of the US, with a local toll-free call, or a Telia partner's WiFi access point). SL CONSULTING, Vienna, Virginia (1999 & 2003 - 2005) Executive Management Consultant - Telecom, Internet and Information Technology customers
• Provided management consulting and board advisory services to the telecom, Internet, IT and Information Services sectors, including, corporate vision, turnaround management, reorganization, restructuring, cost reduction and containment, profit optimization, process management, CRM and pipeline strategies.
STEPHEN D. LEE Page Three
MCI / WORLDCOM / UUNET / MFS COMMUNICATIONS, Fairfax, Virginia (1994 - 1998) Tier-1 wholly owned, facilities-based international telecommunications and voice & data services provider (formerly MFS Communications, Inc. prior to the MFS & WorldCom merger in December 1996). Vice President - Global Sales and Commercial Business Operations
• Managed the establishment of an International Networks (IN) business unit for MFS in 1994, building and managing a worldwide commercial business unit operation (Data Centers and network build-outs) to over $100 million dollars in revenue, with several hundred employees globally in four years.
• Oversaw the Merger and Integration of UUNet, MFS and WorldCom's international business units, successfully managing consolidating assets saving over $50M in duplicate and redundant resources.
• Managed the design, sales and support of all international data transport products and collocation/data center services.
• Developed International Metropolitan Area Ethernet Internet Exchange (MAE) concept and managed implementing globally. LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE, New York City, New York (1987 - 1994) Global leader in international equity trading and financial information dissemination. Vice President - North American Operations
• Established and managed the Exchange’s wholly owned North American subsidiary company and service operations in 1984, relocating to the US in 1987 to manage and further build the company locally.
• Built and grew US Company operation from nothing into a multi-million-dollar annual revenue generating business.
• Increased the London Stock Exchange's presence in the United States by over 1000%, from 30 customers to over 30,000.
• Managed the development and directed the sales of CRS (Computer Readable Services) financial data feed products for vendor delivery - pioneering the creation of the i-Bar (information bar and scrolling ticker on the bottom of CNN, FNN and Bloomberg's financial news services - now used throughout the world for emergency notifications by most global TV networks). Designed and implemented associated sales and marketing, licensing and exchange/terminal fee concept.
• Architected, implemented and managed an Americas and Asian - voice and data delivery network.
• Led ADR market vision for the trading of international securities - across international borders.
• Negotiated with Market Makers and US Blue Chips for listing on the London Stock Exchange. LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE, London, England (1981 - 1987) Global leader in International equity trading and financial information dissemination. Principal Systems Engineer / Technologist
• Managed the design, implementation, sales and daily support of market floor technology and information dissemination services, including teams of Software & Hardware Systems Engineers and a large group of Field Service Technicians handling over 500,000 Equity Traded Transactions = over $5B in daily monetary value settlements. EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
City & Guilds in Engineering (GCGI-6), UK – Similar to Bachelor of Science. ITIL v3 Certified.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) - Certified CERT Program Manager. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) - Certified Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Trainer (Train the Trainer). SEI (Software Engineering Institute), USA - ISO, CMM & CMMI Certifications for CMMI (Levels 1-5) facilitation, and SCAMPI Process Improvement and Re-Engineering reviews.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Emergency Management Institute (EMI) & National Incident Management System (NIMS) – Multiple Certifications, including DR & COOP.
Emergency Operations Training Academy (EOTA) – Multiple Certifications. International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF) - Certified. Senior Community Chaplain - Certified & Ordained.
Private Pilot (CAA), UK - Flight School (including FAA PPL Conversion). Negotiated, written and edited hundreds of documents, including: requirements definitions, project plans, reports, templates, user guides, processes, procedures, RFP’s, 3rd party contracts, SLA’s, Federal Contract Responses to solicitations etc. Expert in Business Management Tools, including: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, JIRA, Helix Remedy, Service Now, SalesForce / FinancialForce, ConnectWise, DelTek to name a few. Implemented Best Practice Framework - ITIL based Processes for managing Infrastructure Services Contracts – included ITIL, PMI/PMBOK, ISO 9000, 20000, 27000/CMMI, COBIT, NIST/FISMA/PCI/HIPAA. References are available upon request.