Recent university graduate student with one-year experience in Design and Manufacturing of Switchgear Panels. Cross-functional work with OEM customers regarding development projects. Willingness to learn through exposure to different key areas of engineering. EDUCATION
Master of Science, Industrial Engineering August 2016 – May 2018 The University of Texas at Arlington, Texas
Bachelor’s degree, Mechanical Engineering August 2011 – November 2014 University of Pune, India
Associate degree, Automotive Engineering July 2006 – July 2009 Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, India PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Product Engineering Intern November 2018 – Present AZTech Technologies LLC, Wilmington, DE
• Participates in all phases of new product development, especially Concept Development, Design Validation, and Process / Production Validation.
• Assisted Design prototype parts using 3D CAD (SolidWorks).
• Create, organize, and update CAD part drawings and manufacturing documentation for the product. Gather as-built information to ensure accuracy.
• Coordinated efforts as necessary between Manufacturing Quality Engineering, Purchasing, and Suppliers.
• Product design specification developed using Quality Function Deployment. Material and Manufacturing process selection for product.
• Worked with other Product Development & Engineering personnel to establish, update, and manage Bills of Material.
• Contributed on problem solving, cost reduction, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Responded to requests from other departments as necessary and appropriate.
• Carried out cross-functional assignments and projects when needed.
• Maintained a working knowledge of the systems utilized to carry out the tasks for this position including AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office applications.
• Built or reworked prototypes as design changes are made. Recorded and analyzed data. Process Engineer January 2015 – January 2016
Neelay Industries Pvt. Ltd., Nashik, India
• Coordinated with customers addressing rejections and quality concerns using analytical & problem-solving skills.
• Root Cause analysis of non-conformity and quality issues observed on the assembly line.
• Analyzed complaints using Quality tools to initiate corrective actions of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality, improve efficiency and submissions of CAPA.
• Studied and documented the processes by preparing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP’s) and Standard Work Instructions Sheet (SWIS) to form a baseline for Kaizen.
• Designed detail parts and mechanical assemblies of products using CATIA, Pro-E, 3D CAD in accordance with customer technical requirements and company standards.
• Created and maintained Bill of Materials (BOMs), Engineering Change Order (ECOs), mechanical engineering drawings, developed new assemblies, validated functionality and released to production in ERP system.
• Uprooted and up-skilled lean manufacturing tool like 5S to make workstation ergonomically more suitable.
• Supported quality functions through integration of ISO/QC documentation and Manufacturing methods instructions.
• Operated Lathe, Milling and other machines occasionally and performed respective operations. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Design, Manufacturing and Assembly of All Terrain Vehicle (ATV)
• Built an entire Quad-bike from scratch by using engineering design methods and utilizing scrap.
• Achieved gear ratio to 1:9 for high torque at moderate speed by compounding of chain drive.
• Modeled the mechanical components on Catia V5 & Pro-Engineering for assembly and mechanisms in motion.
• Conducted Stress Strain analysis of Wishbone Arms and Chassis of ATV.
• Validated with Structural Analysis of Designs with the help of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) method using ANSYS and Hyper-Mesh from the results of simulation. Developed DVP&R Reports.
• Reduced the overall project cost by 30%.
Design for Manufacturing of Solenoid Valve
• Development of new Normally Open 2-way flow control valve to comply with customer requirements, industry standards, and to improve quality, efficiency, and profitability
• Used concepts of QFD, DFM, DFA, Reliability, Cost, Tolerance Stack up analysis and FMEA
• Constructed 3D CAD details and assembly in SolidWorks Facility Design & Material Handling
• Designed a Layout of a Manufacturing facility on AutoCAD software
• Studied and analyzed the data for material flow considering manufacturing process in existing facility and suggested two alternative plans for new manufacturing facility
• Selected Overhead material handling equipment for the same by cost analysis, capacity and labor for both plans
• Analyzed the data for material flow in Pro-Planner software and designed the layout of alternatives in AutoCAD Predictive model for effects on Octane Rating
• Applied Regression methods to study the effect on Octane rating due to Manufacturing Processes in the Refinery.
• Analyzed data of various cars and built a model based on the outputs in statistical tools like SAS and R. Product Design Specification of Electric Screw-Driver
• Determined customer needs and wants by customer surveys, internet & in-store research for Electronic Screw driver. Assigned the importance or weighted factor to each.
• Constructed House of Quality by translating customer wants and needs into Engineering Characteristics.
• Prepared Product Design Specifications by following standard procedure. COMPANY PROJECTS
SIEMENS Development Project on GIS panels
• Assisted in development project of Gas Insulated Switchgear panels for SIEMENS India Ltd., Nashik.
• Considered customer requirements, purpose and function (inhouse/outdoor) and then decided material, powder grade and method of insulation.
• Redesigned panel by shifting Relief Holes to achieve appropriate bending by checking sheet metal parameters.
• Discussed cross functionally with R&D, Design, Quality & Project Engineer regarding checks on each station.
• Conducted Adhesive Test for non-conformances after powder coating of GIS panels. SKILLS
• Software Proficiency: Auto-CAD, Catia, SolidWorks, PTC Creo, Unigraphics NX, ANSYS, Pro-planner
• Interpretation of blueprints /drawings including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Layered Process Audits (LPA), Supplier Material Rejection Report (SMRR), Standard Work Instructions (SWIS)
• Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFM/DFA) concepts, Process FMEA, Process Capability Matrix
• Problem solving techniques (FTA, 8D, 5-whys, Fishbone diagram, statistical techniques)
• Fundamental knowledge of product and process design techniques (APQP, FMEA, PPAP, Control Plans, etc.)
• Data analysis tools Excel, Minitab, R, SAS
Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) February 2018 Organization: American Society of Quality (ASQ), USA License Number: 18306
Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP) August 2018 Organization: Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation