Maureen M. Sanchez ** C West Hill Road
email@example.com New Bedford, MA 02740
Management of Operations for Corporate Company
Motivated and strong director of management who is a team player with high standards of providing quality and service to people every day.
Summary of Skills:
Creating and keeping deadlines
ATHENA HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS 2018-2019
Regional Director of Activities Programming
-Giving my best on a daily basis
-Overlooking 47 facilities for three different states (MA, CT, RI)
-Achieving/Documenting/Resolving issues for all facilities
-Implementing mock surveys to prepare facilities for JCAHO
-(Joint Commission on Accreditation of HealthCare Organizations)
-Monitoring staff performance and following upon areas of deficiency.
-Instructing/introducing the policies and procedures of the company
-Creating reports and identifying areas in need of improvement.
-Reaching out to the communities within the facility location
-Reserving/scheduling job fairs through Mass Hire for each facility within the Massachusetts region
-Recruiting applicants for job placement.
-Providing all job descriptions/job titles to Mass Hire representatives and all appropriate applicants for hiring.
-Interviewing each applicant for appropriate positions
-Directing the applicant for further interviews with administrator/executive director to meet the needs of the department / location of each facility.
Nationally Certified Activity Director motivated with ingenuity and creativity in planning and implementing events that challenge and entertain residents.
* Served on the Activity Director Board for 3 years, commuted quarterly on a yearly basis to corporate location to network with activity directors nationwide. Achieved goals of the resident needs/choices of everyday life activities.
● Planning, organizing and conducting recreational programs for residents
● Ability to evaluate residents and satisfy all needs
● Able to understand diverse cultures and customs
● Compassionate, creative and encouraging professional
● Knowledge of state compliance requirements for conducting activities in a facility
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Point Click Care
FORESTVIEW TRANSITIONAL REHABILITATION 2014-2017
- Assessing each patient/ resident needs to determine level of abilities combined with lifelong and current interests.
- Promoting a physical and sensory stimulating environment to increase the function level of each patient/resident.
- Developing a program of activity pursuits that are meaningful to the patient/ resident.
- Hosting special occasions, seasonal functions, and decorating the facility accordingly.
- Completing required forms in a timely manner by utilizing a computer program called Point Click Care.
- Contacting/scheduling entertainers to provide facility with various types of music on a monthly basis.
- Preparing and posting monthly calendars.
- Supporting patient/resident needs through one to one visits, small group and large group meetings.
- Attending monthly care plan meetings along with the interdisciplinary team to promote each patient/resident.
- Being an advocate to all patients/residents with professionalism for resident council.
- Maintaining records of activity and attendance of all residents
- Monitoring a monthly budget for the maintenance of equipment, purchasing supplies, entertainment, and staying within budgetary parameters.
- Organizing and directing volunteer services, conducting interviews, and orientations.
- Providing direction and training of all staff and scheduling monthly staff meetings.
- Commitment to quality care.
- Building a rapport with all patients/residents and staff.
THE OAKS NURSING HOME 2013-2014
-Providing related activities, care, and recreational events for all patients/ residents. Entertaining patients/ residents in a professional manner.
WHALER’S COVE ASSISTED LIVING 2008-2012
Assistant Activity Director
-Documenting daily activity logs sheets of every resident.
-Transporting residents in and out of activities to their rooms, or apartments as needed.
-Motivating residents to participated in activities on a daily basis.
-Coordinating and planning events, outings, games, manicures, and exercises for all residents.
-Visiting residents and providing one to one visits for those who are unable to attend activities.
-Maintaining, shopping, and preparing the convenience store I the facility to meet the needs of the residents on a weekly basis.
ENTERTAINMENT WITHIN THE COMMUNITY AS LISTED BELOW
-MARTIN LUTHER KING PROGRAMS
-DRUM Major Awards (Held at U Mass Dartmouth annually)
-Churches (Weddings, funerals, anniversaries, & honor achievements)
-Celebrations (Anniversaries, birthday parties, etc.)
-Involved in various choirs/groups and singing for several nursing homes within the community.
-Participated in programs, performances, and musical plays.
Education / Training
NATIONAL CERTIFICATION COUNCIL FOR ACTIVITY PROFESSIONALS 2013
7 YEARS OF BANK EXPERIENCE (TEAM LEADER, SUPPORT LEADER, LOAN SERVICING)
BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE A.S Business Office Management
BLAINE HAIR SCHOOL
-Cosmetology License of Massachusetts
-Concentration in hair, nails, and skin