Pursuing a career opportunity that will be professionally challenging, while allowing me to contribute to the continued growth and success of an organization. To obtain a position that will provide me the opportunity to apply my general business knowledge and previous work experience in a growing industry.
Strength in managing diverse operations, productivity and financial analysis, leadership and team development, and customer satisfaction. A change agent who believes in team-oriented cultures that focus on promoting excellence with quality outcomes.
Although most of my career has been in the sales and purchasing arena, my total career experiences lends itself to many types of positions in other professional settings outside of sales and purchasing.
These areas of expertise include (but are not limited to): eCommerce Sales & Marketing Campaigns - Leadership and Staff Development - Website Creation, Implementation, and Maintenance - Process Improvement Initiatives - Contract Negotiations - Procurement Processes Strategic Planning - Customer Service Enhancements Project Management - Vendor Relationship Management Informational System Implementation and Trainer - Logistics Management
Dell - Oklahoma City, OK
Software Licensing Specialist II - SLED Vertical
June 2017 – Present
* Worked within the “SLED” vertical, which included State and Local Government Agencies as well as Higher Ed/School Districts to price, quote, and negotiate Dell's 3rd Party Software (SW) license offerings.
* Managed contractual agreements for the SLED vertical, as well as facilitate the processing between Dell and multiple 3rd Party SW Vendors.
* Effectively prioritized multiple demands while ensuring customer needs are met.
* Remained up-to-date on new software, technology, and services offerings, while remaining current on industry and vertical solutions.
* Provided technical support and product knowledge to Senior Technical Relationship Sales Team and answer inquiries from potential customers during the pre-sale cycle.
* Provided mentoring and direction to less experienced team members and new hires/trainees.
Galleria Furniture, Inc. - Oklahoma City, OK
General Sales Manager
July 2016 – April 2017
General Sales Manager of the largest and highest producing store in a chain of 5 furniture stores in the state of Oklahoma. With average monthly sales of $1M and a staff of 16 sales people that are split into two teams. Ultimately accountable for all personnel decisions regarding the Oklahoma City sales staff, profit margin for the Oklahoma City location, and the overall success or failure of other sales/marketing initiatives.
* Oversaw store opening and closing procedures.
* Held daily sales meetings to review previous day’s sales numbers, discuss current sales goals, and motivate the sales staff.
* Prepared sales reports and used daily, weekly, and monthly reports to develop individualized sales quotas for each Sales Associate.
* Directed sales floor activities, assisted customers and addressed customer concerns.
* Made pricing decisions based on current landed cost of goods in order to make the sale and still met margin expectations.
* Held staff and other supervisors accountable for ensuring high standards of sales floor presentation were met.
* Directly responsible for all decisions regarding the sales floor, including hiring, training/coaching, and the disciplining or firing of any and all sales people.
* Developed and implemented sales training schedule and curriculum for new sales people.
* Created spreadsheet and supporting documents to be used for employee reviews in all departments. Including 90-Day, Quarterly, and Annual Performance Reviews for Exempt, NonExempt, and Commissioned Employees.
* Recognized and rewarded exceptional staff performance.
* Assisted customers with decision making by providing them with complete product information, assortment and demonstration.
* Built, developed and maintained relationships
* Assisted sales people in closing sales as needed.
Dell - Oklahoma City, OK
Software Licensing Specialist I
Jan 2015 – June 2016
* Collaborated with colleague’s cross-functionally in order to support the sales process.
* Acted as a technical resource to support the sales organization to meet and/or exceed their objectives.
* Built and increased expertise for Dell’s software and service offerings, as well as business processes and systems.
* Provided mentoring and direction to less experienced team members.
* Maintained a strong desire to ensure customers have a positive experience when working with Dell and ensure Dell’s brand increases.
* Became familiar with 3rd party software offerings from multiple companies which included Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, and RedHat among others.
QuiBids Holdings (Quibids.com & Tumbledeal.com) - Oklahoma City, OK
Sr. Consumer Electronics “CE” Buyer
Sept 2014 – Dec 2014
* Responsible for $25M+ annual budget in consumer electronics.
* Led the forecasting/merchandising of all Apple products including the most recent launch of the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 for both websites.
* Served as a primary point of contact for all domestic vendors as well as all international vendors from Canada and Australia.
* Utilized software applications to evaluate daily pricing across several eCommerce sites and used information to renegotiate costing with active vendors to stay competitive in the market place.
* Sought out and completed bulk purchasing opportunities to gain optimal costing on various traffic drivers for Q4 forecast.
* Responsible for maintaining proper product assortment within the CE channel.
* Increased sku and vendor counts to accommodate scaling business after launch of TumbleDeal.com. Built out various products within the CE assortments while increasing margin and sell through rate.
* Member of a committee that was responsible for overseeing the TumbleDeal.com website. This consisted of weekly meetings with CEO and Executive Board, and had an active role in future site design as it pertains to sales, marketing, as well as merchandising, and reviewed various key metrics to determine site scalability.
* Responsible for creation of multiple weekly events from concept to launch. This included the following: creation of theme, determined appropriate assortment and sought out new products to enhance assortment when necessary, obtained promotional costing for included products, procured customer facing product images to be used throughout event, set complete pricing structure to achieve highest margin, sell through, and profit.
* Sourced a total of 14 new supply partners since Sept 2014 for QuiBids.com and TumbleDeal.com, while actively maintaining a roster of 300 existing vendors in the US market.
* Achieved largest margin gains in company history on several CE products that are historically very low margin players.
Networkequipment.net - Oklahoma City, OK
Network Equipment Broker
Jan 2014 – Sept 2014
* Sought out computer networking equipment to be purchased at the lowest cost in order to create higher margin gains at resale.
* Developed Sales and Support Networks
* Made offers, initiated resale activity, and closed sales.
* Responsible for cold calling prospective clients as well as end users.
* Analyzed data to insure correct and fair market values for all equipment purchased and sold.
* Initiated contact with sellers via online resources as well as brokerage websites.
* Member of United Network Equipment Dealers Association (UNEDA)
* Performed all duties with the highest ethical standards in accordance with UNEDA guidelines.
* Consistently met performance goals based on equipment purchased and sold, cold calls made, and SmartNet contracts completed.
Bob Mills Furniture - Oklahoma City, OK
Case Goods Buyer – Bedroom, Dining, Youth, Entertainment, and Electronics
2008 – Jan 2014
* Directly accountable for all business/financial planning for five product categories which involved sales, merchandising, inventory control, and product cost negotiations.
* Achieved annual increases and profitability on all categories based on total sales dollars, overall profit margin, and inventory turns.
* Reduced inventory by 8% while maintaining a 96% in-stock rate and increasing overall inventory turns from 3.9 to 5.1 in the Case Goods categories.
* Effectively managed $2.7M in inventory by flowing goods via imported containers as well as utilizing “Domestic” vendor partners.
AOL - Oklahoma City, OK
2005 – 2008
* Conducted training of new consultants.
* Quality monitoring of consultants to insure proper protocols were followed on every customer call.
* Collaborated with consultants through Interactive Parallel Sessions to identify behaviors that would increase their success rate.
* Dell – Team Player FY18Q2
* Dell – Rep of the Quarter FY18Q3
* Bob Mills Furniture – Leadership Award 3rd Quarter 2012 “Offensive Player Award”
* Bob Mills Furniture – Customer Service Employee of the Year 2011
* AOL – Top 1% Club 2007
NC State University, Raleigh, NC – Various Courses
Appalachian State University, Boone, NC – Various Courses
Independence High School, Charlotte, NC – Diploma