Adams and Martin Group
Receptionist and file clerk positions; Worked with plaintiff firms and county government agencies on various projects including file maintenance, land records access and maintenance, trial notebook preparation, etc. Trademark Paralegal
Head, Johnson & Kachigian
4/2013 to 11/2016
Trademark registrations, prosecution and maintenance, blog writing, file maintenance, general office assistance. Researched and analyzed domestic and international trademarks (SAEGIS, USPTO, Lexis-Nexis database) for application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office or other international office. Prepared search analysis and results for clients. Reviewed all materials for submission to USPTO including specimens, image files, written descriptions and other materials for applications, Section 8 and 15 affidavits and renewals. Investigated potential infringements and reviewed with attorneys and clients. Domain name research and acquisition. Communicated with USPTO regarding Trademark applications, office actions and other filings or issues. Project Specialist
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma
2/1996 to 12/2008
Internet website startup, website directory, intranet, moving paper files to digital files. Overall publications budget cut in half in just a few years. Some projects involved managing associates. More than 2500 healthcare provider files/records moved to searchable digital files within a year. Created and edited content for Blue Cross Blue Shield internal website using various programs and content management software. Reviewed federal and state regulations for Medicare and Soonercare products. Wrote detailed programs and queries in SQL and HTML for databases and websites. Created reports (SQL Queries) and maintained databases working with different hardware and software platforms. Extensive planning and compliance experience in projects such as moving paper files to digital database or publishing Medicare documents. Taught software, database and web applications to Blue Cross employees from RICHARD PERCEFUL
2000 to 2008. Class sizes varied from 5 to 25.
Tulsa World, Sand Springs Leader, etc.
10/1995 to 2/2005
Generated content for newspapers and other publications. Stories included a Representative debate, profiles of detectives, city council skirmishes, etc. Utilized QuarkXPress, MS Publisher, Photoshop, Lotus, MS Office Suite at average to expert levels.
• Paralegal Certificate at the University of Tulsa
• Bachelor of Science in Education, English at John Brown University RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
• Deadline oriented in all aspects of career from journalist to project management.
• Extensive planning and compliance experience in projects such as moving paper files to digital database or publishing Medicare documents.
• Saved several thousand dollars bringing projects and publications under budget; President’s Circle award (for top 1% of employees) during time at BCBSOK
• Maintained relationships with vendors, programmers, government sources and the legal community
• Oklahoma Press Association award for feature, editorial and news writing. OTHER ROLES/SKILLS
• Educator – Trained educator at secondary and college levels. Taught software, database and web applications to Blue Cross employees from 2000 to 2008. Class sizes varied from 5-25.