Avenue, Broomall, PA ***08
University of South-Eastern Norway; Bø i Telemark, Norway Graduated Dec. 2017 Master of Environmental Science
University of Science; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Graduated Jul. 2015 Bachelor of Environmental Science
SKILLS & AWARDS
• Proficient in classical and instrument analysis of chemistry laboratory: GC, HPLC, size
exclusion, mass spectrometer, titration
• Experienced with instrument Agilent GC
7890A, Agilent HPLC Infinity 1290 and
• Knowledge in environmental analysis, food
chemistry, statistics (Excel, R) and Microsoft
• Fluent in English and Vietnamese. Sound
reading ability of Norwegian and certain forms
of Danish and Swedish
• Accomplished lab skills, equipment
management and chemical waste handling
• Excellent time management skills; worked my
way through college abroad
• Full tuition scholarship in Norway,
championship award of US Geography Contest
Norwegian University of Science & Technology; Trondheim, Norway Jan-Dec 2018 Analytical Chemistry Graduate Fellowship
The 2-semester fellowship allowed me to get exposure to using testing techniques mainly with chromatography to perform testing on materials as well as building teamwork skills
• Employed HPLC, solid phase extraction and accelerated solvent extraction to detect cancer-causing substances such as PAHs compounds in snow, sea water and marine sediments.
• Tested sunscreen products using HPLC and GC-MS for levels of nicotine and cotinine contents.
• Measured concentration of NO2 at campus site.
• Designed and performed food sensory experiments on human volunteers to test whether they can tell apart two different types of Norwegian fish cakes. Amber Restaurant; 42 Kongensgate, Trondheim, Norway Apr-Dec 2018 Waiter and Sushi Preparer
I accumulated knowledge of Norwegian culture and seafoods through serving as a waiter, training new staff on menu and sushi preparer in a restaurant in the center of Trondheim. The part-time job helped pay for room and board while teaching time management skills.
Telefrukt AS; Gvarv, Telemark, Norway Jul-Oct 2017 Quality Assurance Analyst
My first summer job in a fruit manufacturing factory gave me first experiences with food quality assurance and environment to practice Norwegian by daily communication
• Verified and classified produce against company’s quality standards.
• Sorted and packed fruits to store in warehouse.
• Assisted in managing the apple juice production line.