Cary, NC 910-***-**** **********@*****.***
SUMMARY: Inquisitive lifetime learner with fifteen plus years of increasing responsibilities in mentoring and engagement in sales and management in retail, manufacturing, banking and education industries. Extensive skills in listening, solving problems, fostering positive client interactions with service and follow-up that builds upon relationships annually.
EXPERIENCE: Sears Home Improvement & CertaPro Painters; Residential Sales Associate 2017 - 11/2018
• Consultative, trusted advisor providing knowledge to implement homeowners’ desired improvement/renovation project.
• Specialized in flooring, cabinet refacing, countertop, backsplash, bathroom remodels, and interior/ exterior residential painting projects.
Barnes&Noble College Bookstore, Assistant Store Manager 2015- 2017
• Created customer experiences that enhanced bookstore loyalty while delivering measurable results for Campbell University.
• Responsible for mentoring 10 to 25 college booksellers in all aspects of store operations.
• Engaged department faculty to ensure satisfaction with course materials ordered for their students.
• Key holder responsibilities - work scheduling, open/close store, daily accounting/banking. EXPERIENCE: Champion Hoist & Equipment Company, General Manager 2013-2014
• Leading a team of 40 employees in 5 different departments, I scheduled and implemented work assignments to manufacture the highest quality hoists resulting in 60%+ sales growth.
• Proactive customer interaction by phone and computer to ensure full satisfaction.
• Personally operated key machinery, as needed, to ensure daily production goals met. EXPERIENCE: New Century Bank & The Fidelity Bank, Manager/Retail Loan Officer/AVP 2005-2013
• Independently managed 500+ diverse clients’ accounts requiring consistent interactions to meet or exceed performance goals. 2010 Retail Lender of the Year Award recipient.
• Satisfied clients consistently provided referrals to grow business.
• Kept management informed of all account activities using CRM system.
• Supervised 8 diverse staff members and assisted them in reaching their personal goals. EXPERIENCE: McClay Education Resources, Independent Sales Consultant of Print Media/Technology 1994-2005
• Personal relationships with clients resulted in immediate and repeat sales.
• Cultivated referrals for previously unreachable clients to assist them and grow my business.
• Coordinated and led programs at state, district and local levels to promote product line sales.
• Received #1 national sales ranking in 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004. EDUCATION: Campbell University
ACTIVITIES: Bicyclist; Nonprofit Fundraiser; Eagle Scout.