MARLBORO NJ *****
Senior Level Executive with extensive hands on experience in management and business leadership and an established record of success in building and managing organizations within highly competitive markets combining expert financial qualifications with strong operations, business development, human resource knowledge and leadership skills.
While I am an outstanding negotiator and skilled in closing complex financial, legal and tax issues, I am also resourceful and creative which are necessary for today’s economic times. I am a difference maker with expertise in:
Financial and Strategic Planning, Accounting and Financial Operations, Complex Business and Tax Issues, Cost Reduction Programs, Information Technology (IT) Administration, Crisis Management, Budget Development and Implementation and Staff Management
APRIL 2010 TO OCTOBER 2018
PRIME LUBE INC. – CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
All financial, treasury, human resource and IT functions for a company that includes 12 joint venture entities who are both a leading-edge distributor of motor oils and machine lubricants for the major oil companies that serves the northeastern corridor as well as a manufacturer of diesel exhaust fluid with distribution throughout the United States and internationally. Responsibilities included:
• Worked with a controller and staff of 8 with responsibility over all accounting\bookkeeping, IT and inventory activities.
• Review of financial statements for all entities and consolidation with monthly narrative for each as well as a quarterly presentation to the bank so as to fulfill line of credit requirements.
• Review of sales tax and corporate tax filings for all entities with multiple state requirements, responsibility for all types of tax exams and handling of all tax matters for corporate shareholders.
• Preparation of monthly commissions for 30 salespeople under multiple programs and preparation of weekly and monthly flash reporting.
• Responsible for all customer credit decisions and collection issues.
• Human Resource Administrator over staff handling weekly payroll for 100+ employees
(approximately half which are hourly and covered by a union contract) and administrator for two 401k plans (both union and non-union participants).
• Facility Coordinator for DPCC plan with NJ Department of Environmental Protection and the DOT Coordinator for a fleet of 25 trucks with reporting requirements and random drug testing monitoring and education.
• All Treasury requirements including line of credit negotiation, reporting and compliance.
• Handling of all contracts and negotiations including union contract, insurance coverages
(commercial and health), supplier and vendor agreements and planning, discussion and development of agreements for potential new ventures. JUNE 2004 – MARCH 2010
TARGET INTERSTATE SYSTEMS, INC. – CONTROLLER
Responsible for a staff of 3 preparing and analyzing financial activity, processing weekly payrolls, customer collections and special projects with business owner for a freight broker that specialized in over the road trucking of produce and dry freight. 1998 – 2003
JONES APPAREL GROUP – DIVISIONAL CONTROLLER
Responsible for the preparation and review of financial activity for a division of this Fortune 500 entity with later responsibilities including merger planning and implementation. 1992 – 1998
L. NEGRIN & SONS – CONTROLLER
Responsibility over all financial aspects of this family owned manufacturer of women’s clothing with locations in both the United States and the Caribbean with heavy emphasis on inventory planning and review.
1978 – 1992
Interim while a college student through supervisory level for small and mid-size regional accounting firms covering all aspects of financial engagements and tax return preparation with heavy emphasis in the garment industry as well as other manufacturing environments and financial service industry. EDUCATION
BBA IN ACCOUNTING & BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, PACE UNIVERSITY