Website: http://www.nazislam.com Github: https://github.com/nazislam LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nazalislam Education
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK (SUNY) AT PLATTSBURGH 101 Broad Street, Plattsburgh, NY
• Degree: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, expected Graduation in December 2018
• Cumulative GPA: 3.50
Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence (Fall 2015 - Spring 2018)
Member of the honors society Phi Eta Sigma for having a GPA over 3.5 (Fall 2015 - Spring 2016)
Merit-Based Scholarship (Based on academic excellence)
International Campus Community Award (Based on participation in community)
Global Diversity Award (Based on ethnic identity) Technical Skill
Backend Technologies: Python NodeJS Java Express JS Django Frontend Technologies: Angular HTML CSS Bootstrap Sass Databases: MySQL Oracle Google Cloud MongoDB Operating Systems: Linux Operating System Mac OS Microsoft Windows Server Related Experience
Clean and Green (Web Developer Intern)
• GitHub Link: https://github.com/nazislam/Clean-and-Green.git
• Description: Developed a web app that allows users to have Uber-like experience for recycling. Users are able to ping a location on a map for picking up recyclables and get notified whenever the request gets processed by another user.
• Technology: Node.js, Express, Google Cloud Datastore, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap.
• Functionalities: User registration and logging in, pinging a location using Geolocation, sending a pickup request, processing a pickup request and notifying the user.
Product Pigeon (Backend Developer)
• GitHub Link: https://github.com/nazislam/Hugs-for-Bugs.git
• Description: A marketplace web application that allows product owners to get better advertisement and for advertisers to get paid for higher-ranked advertisements. GitHub Link: .
• Technology: Node.js, Express, Angular, MySQL Database, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap.
• Functionalities: User registration and logging in, creating an offer for advertisers to bid, ranking the advertisements, and payment method using PayPal.
• Teacher’s Assistant: Tutored fellow peers in various areas of computer science and mathematics including techniques of programming, designing algorithms and making them proficient in designing better algorithm (Spring 2016).
• International Student Panel: Mentored first year international students during one of their mandatory International Experience courses and communicated guidance on the topics of acclimating into a foreign environment (Spring 2017). Language
• English (Fluent) • Bengali (Fluent) • Hindi (Fluent)