Knoxville, TN *****
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / FRONT DESK AGENT
AREAS OF EMPHASIS: HOSPITALITY, EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE, CONFLICT RESOLUTION Guest Services Representative/Hotel Night Auditor with more than 3 years of experience in the hospitality industry seeking a new opportunity. Extensive experience greeting guests, accommodating special requests, and issuing room keys discretely. Well-developed skills managing customer complaints and de-escalating conflicts. Dedicated leader with excellent communication skills and a proven track record of success overseeing a team of up to 25 employees and ensuring that customers have a positive experience. Credentials include a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration/ Human Resources/ International Studies from Indiana University. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Hospitality Vendor Management Report Balancing
Exceptional Customer Service Customer Complaint Management Providing Community Information Greeting and Registering Guests Conflict Resolution Accommodating Special Requests EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND FOREIGN LANGUAGE
INDIANA UNIVERSITY, Indianapolis, IN
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration/Human Resources/International Studies, 2014 CPR/AED Certified
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese
Proficient in Korean, Japanese, and Spanish
KNISLEY VENDING, Knoxville, TN 2018 – Present
• Drive to different venues to service their vending machine needs.
• Provide technical support for the system of vending machines.
• Fill vending machines with different products and collect revenue from each machine.
• Major Venues: Morgan County Correctional Facility, Watt’s Nuclear Plants, various DHS offices, Roane State Community College, Tennessee College of Applied Technology HILTON KNOXVILLE, Knoxville, TN 2015 – Present
Guest Services Representative, Hotel Night Auditor
• Directly manage a team of 4 guest services representatives, and indirectly manage 25 hotel personnel.
• Verify, balance, and finalize daily transactions and create and/or print required reports.
• Handle guest issues, complaints, and requests and proactively resolve in a manner satisfactory to both the guest and the hotel.
• Verify each front desk shift's transactions, including credit card and cash deposits, and report any discrepancy to the FOM or GM.
• Compute bills, collect payments, and make changes for guests. Ensure additional charges such as food, liquor, and entertainment are reconciled and paid before checkout.
• Ensure the accuracy of the end of day, end of month, and end of year closing
• Collaborate with the Banquet Captains and the F/B Director to gather daily revenue from each department and ensure transactions are balanced or process reconciliations. Key Accomplishments
• Successfully increased the SALT (customer satisfaction survey) by 3 points from 73 to 76.
• Increased occupancy from 86 to 90 by collaborating with the banquets team to ensure clients return. WESLEY HUANG
Knoxville, TN 37920
CRANE BAY/CRYSTAL CATERING, Indianapolis, IN 2015-2015 Catering Specialist, Banquet Server
• Oversaw a team of up to 15 employees to ensure catering events were managed efficiently and clients’ requests were properly executed.
• Assisted with Customer Events by performing menu presentations and tastings, and selling, servicing, and collaborating with customers to ensure satisfaction.
• Provided customers with pricing/costing orders and conducted pricing validation and adjustments.
• During events, collaborated with the kitchen staff to ensure the quality of the food throughout the event, and that the food was presented properly.
• Managed last-minute changes to orders by the clients in a pleasant demeanor.
• Tracked and stocked various supplies, and ensured deliveries were accurate and of the highest quality. Key Accomplishment
• Successfully catered events including Eli Lilly’s annual Chinese New Year Dinner, Annual NCAA Coach’s Luncheon, and more than 100 weddings.
FASTENAL COMPANY, Indianapolis, IN 2014 – 2015
Provider of fasteners, tools, and supplies needed to manufacture products, build structures, protect personnel, and maintain facilities and equipment.
Inventory Control, Vendor Returns Specialist
• Managed more than 1,000 National Accounts and third-party vendors, determined the cause of returns, and analyzed the situation and the condition of the return to determine which party was at fault.
• Processed the return of damaged/unwanted inventory and distributed the product back to the manufacturer.
• Created and maintained an Excel tracking log of all the returns and documented which major distributor, including FedEx, UPS, and USPS, were used.
PROVIDERCOM, Indianapolis, IN 2013 – 2014
A nonprofit provider of inexpensive electronics/computer services for low-income families. Store Manager
• Oversaw a team of 25 employees and volunteers to ensure donations were properly recycled and marketing materials were created and distributed throughout the community.
• Hired and trained employees/volunteers on best practices including recycling standards, cash register operations, and customer service.
• Collaborated with community leaders to ensure services were provided to fix electronics/computers and market store efforts.
• Increased “partners” from 5 schools and local businesses to 10.
• Created an incentive program that monitored the productivity and service of computer technicians, leading to increased revenue.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Oracle, Java, PeopleSoft, Kronos, Delphi, Publisher