Pembroke Pines, FL
Florida International University, Chaplin School of
Hospitality & Tourism Management
Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality
C O N T A C T
Client-driven Event Coordinator with industry experience and an impressive record of achievements within the corporate, special event, and wedding planning arena. Recognized as a performer able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, proactively resolve issues, and consistently meet and exceed established goals and objectives. Articulate communicator and presenter with exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills and a proven ability to plan and synchronize the essential details of multiple events in an efficient and resourceful manner. P R O F E S S I O N A L P R O F I L E
E X P E R I E N C E
E D U C A T I O N
C O M P E T E N C I E S
Client & Vendor Relations
Presentations & Communications
Events by Jess, Pembroke Pines, FL Aug 2017 – May 2018 CB
E VENT COORDINATOR
Certified Wedding Planning
(The Bridal Society)
EVENT COORDINATOR (INTERNSHIP)
Pristine Events of South Florida, Miami Lakes, FL Mar 2017 - Jun 2017 C E R T I F I C A T I O N
L A N G U A G E S
Spanish (Native), English
EXTERNAL RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Miami Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Miami, FL June 2018 – Nov 2018
● Managed the logistics and preparation for the 13th Annual See the Light Luncheon, including promotion, communications, planning and event execution.
● Assisted in the planning and preparation of Walk Cane Day Walk fundraising
● Increased the number of followers by a 50% on social media with different strategies.
● Coordinated work schedules and assigned staff to projects.
● Assisted, organized and managed multiple events before, during and after the date of the event, including coordination of schedules, staff assignments, graphics, social media and website updates.
● Engaged volunteers and community organizations to increase brand awareness and cultivate supporter participation.
● Drafted original content for social media and created content for newsletters and monthly blogs.
● Developed and implemented data standards for donor data entry.
● Prepared all arrangements prior an event such as mailing, invitations and RSVP lists.
● Edited and designed promotional materials.
● Secured sponsorships
● Scheduled speakers, vendors and other important participants.
● Oversaw strategic planning, budgeting, expenses, registration, scheduling, implementation, execution and analysis.
● Effectively maintained relationships with vendors and serve as the point of contact for all events.
● Ensured all on-site challenges are handled efficiently and implement process improvements to optimize operations.
● Conducted thorough market research, gather information and negotiate competitive contracts.
● Coordinated staff the date of events serving as their guide.
● Assisted in the planning and preparation of events of 200 + guests.
● Maintained vendor relationships and served as point of contact for all selected vendors for events.
● Book talent, including musicians, bands, emcee and venues.
● Visit venue to plan layout and other event details
● Keep inventory of materials.
● Coordinate and monitor event timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
● Assisted with planning of the Second Annual Bridal Show “Eat, Drink & be Married” in a month.
● Attended and observed client, vendor, logistics, and design meetings as part of the planning process.
● Executed final details and planning pieces for current events.
● Assisted lead planners with projects, planning, timeline and other relevant details.
● Thoroughly researched and created event design plans
● Book venues and other entertainment companies for events
● Maintained agenda up to date and schedule meetings
● Executed final details and planning pieces for current events per client specifications and scope of work.
● Accurately filed guest paperwork or documentation, assisted with staff coverage and provided prompt guest service.
● Identified issues or addressed guest concern in a professional, positive and timely manner.
● Processed all check-outs, resolved late and disputed charges, settled accounts, retrieved room keys and gathered feedback.
FRONT DESK CLERK (INTERNSHIP)
Eurosuites Hotel, Doral, FL May 2015 – Aug 2015