Bethesda, Maryland 20814
PROFILE: Over 30 years of progressively responsible project management experience in the fields of architecture, construction, and real estate development in both the public and private sectors with particular expertise in:
• Managed new and renovated construction projects using affirm, self-directed leadership style which ensured timely completion.
• Developed construction budgets, computerized construction schedules, competitively estimated and negotiated contracts with architects, engineers, contractors and subcontractors on behalf of the owner which guaranteed bottom-line savings. PROFESSIONAL
EXPERIENCE: CRESCENDO BUILDERS, LLC, Bethesda, Maryland (1994-2016) Managing Member and Founder
Managed an award-winning homebuilding construction firm dedicated to ensuring a high level of customer service.
• Responsible for developing construction budgets, coordinating with subcontractors and ensuring compliance with construction documents.
• Developed and maintained MS Project schedules to ensure timely completion and as a communication tool with the homeowner and the subcontractors.
• Maintained accounting, project management controls using Timberline Software ARCHTECTURAL ELEMENTS, Silver Spring, Maryland
Project Manager-Term Contract
Provided construction management services to the U.S. Patent and Trademark office, interfacing on a daily basis with architects, engineers, contractors and various other government agencies.
• Overseeing the consolidation and new build out of over 1.4 million square feet of office space for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Services.
• Reviewed RFI’s, change orders, submittals, and provided filed inspection to ensure compliance with the owner’s contract documents. THE LEAPLEY COMPANY, Baltimore, Maryland
Project Manager-Term Contract
Managed tenant construction for various client types including medical, and general office. On a daily basis was responsible to estimate projects, negotiate subcontract agreements, and interface with field personnel on behalf of the owner. Phyllis Michaels
Page 2 of 2
• Successfully estimated projects, using Symphony software, which resulted in increased volume.
• Implemented Suretrack scheduling software which resulted in bottom-line savings and ensured effective project management.
HILL INTERNATIONAL, Washington, D.C
Project Manager- Term Contract
Provided construction management services to government agencies for various specialized office building projects, Interfaced with client and the contractor on a daily basis. Managed a team of professionals comprised of architects, engineers, estimators and inspectors. Reviewed contract deliverables, oversaw the preparation of independent government estimates and schedules, coordinated site inspections, and ensured compliance with contract documents.
• Oversaw the phased renovation of 1.4 million square feet of GSA office space and building support systems, ensuring timely completion and integration of each phase.
• Directed an Environmental Impact Statement, interfacing with state, and federal agencies, which aided in the site selection process. Oversaw the construction process to ensure compliance with FAR regulations.
FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST, Washington, D.C
Managed renovation of shopping center projects, tenant construction, and approval process of tenant drawings. Interfaced daily with architects, engineers, contractors, governing authorities and tenants.
• Analyzed existing building components and developed construction budgets for innovation of several mult-million dollar projects to ensure achievement of project pro forma
• Completed renovation and development of a multi-million dollar retail project 14% under budget.
• Coordinated the asbestos abatement process with contractors and government agencies, ensuring compliance with state regulations.
EXPERIENCE: PHYLLIS MICHAELS, INC., Orlando, Florida President and Founder
W.R. FRIZELL ARCHITECTS, Orlando, Florida
Senior Designer and Project Manager
Vickrey Oversat Awsumb and Assoc., Orlando, Florida Draftsman
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Design, School of Architecture, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida;
REGISTRATIONS: Class “A” Florida State Certified General Contractor