Brenda L. Mason
Carrollton, Texas 75010
Highly motivated administrative assistant with specialized legal experience. Outstanding computer skills with proficiency in multiple software programs. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, organized, strong work habits, establishes effective working relationships, analytical, detail-oriented, flexible and decisive. Candidate has knowledge of social media networks, attention to detail, and effective problem-solver.
Wordperfect 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0 MS Word 95, 97; 2000, 2007, and 2010 XPGroupwise, Time Trax, Elite, Outlook, PACER, Law Manager, CMS OPEN, DOCS OPEN IManage, IManage Filesite; Hummingbird DM; Info Rite 5.3, Metastorm, LegalKey, Genifax, and Accuroute; Webtime; Chrome River Expense Reporting; Practice Management; Innova; ProDocs E-Filing. Type: 80 wpm.
HIATUS SPA + RETREAT
Call Center Representative – (Part-Time)
June 2014 – June 2018
• Received inbound calls in a professional, helpful, and respectful manner. Escalated calls to appropriate locations as requested by guest, managed all resolved problems through feedback from spa guest. Produced running list of all accounts with outstanding balances due to declined credit cards.
• Educated and assisted spa guests with memberships and all spa services rendered. Followed up with existing guests and prospective clients, securing 14% in new accounts.
• Initiated appropriate action to resolve spa account balances or disputes regarding spa guest.
• Documented and verified spa guest information for appointment bookings of requested service.
• Identify and escalate priority issues, ensuring a high level of satisfaction for spa guest according to spa standards. Updated knowledge of current spa policies, procedures and products.
SHARP LEGAL GROUP
Legal Secretary/Office Manager – (Part-Time)
Aug 2013 – Jun 2014
• Developed and implemented training program for secretarial new hires. Maintained calendars for various attorneys, restructured current filing system, received, opened, and distributed mail for law group. Researched and recovered $3,500 in undue reverse billing from client.
• Established good working relationships with clients, improving customer service satisfaction by implementing assistance with reading and understanding legal documents regarding Family Law disputes. Assisted clients with completion of required application, reviewing requested documents, and intake of outstanding balances prior to meeting with attorney.
• Attended Court hearings in attorney’s absence to obtain confidential documents or reports from the Courts or attorneys. Completed mailing of correspondence regarding Notice of Hearings, Notice of Re-Assignment for child support as ordered by the Court, and Notice of Final Hearing letters. Produced, organized, and reviewed documents as needed for Court appearances.
ROBERT HALF INTERNATIONAL
Legal Secretary – (Temp Assignments)
June 2011 – Aug 2013
• Interacted with clients face-to-face and via telephone, managed reservation of conference rooms for depositions and meeting with clients. Produced and reviewed documents for trial notebooks, as needed by attorney. Completed editing of legal documents, transcription, timesheet entry, and filings of documents with state, municipal and federal courts.
K & L GATES
Aug 2007 – Feb 2010
• Created and produced documents for trial notebooks, drafting and transcription of correspondence and pleadings, timesheet entry, review and edit of pre-bills, and maintaining conference room reservations for deposition and client meetings. Improved maintenance of filing system, coordinated and worked with team for research projects as needed for trial, including additional administrative duties as needed by attorney.
City College - San Francisco, California
Brandon's Business College - San Francisco, California
Certified Civil Process Server – State of Texas