Motivated, hard-working and young professional aiming to obtain a position in environmental management.
Prime Landscape Services, Santa Cruz, CA – Project Manager in Erosion Control July 3, 2017 – PRESENT
● Design drainage and erosion control plans and transpose them into client proposals.
● Lead team to install erosion control, channel stabilization, and drainage projects at various sites in Santa Cruz County.
● Work with various agencies to approve projects prior to implementation.
Swanton Pacific Ranch, Davenport, CA – Bioassessment Field and Lab Assistant April 2016 – April 2017
● Examined insect communities throughout selected areas of the Little Creek Watershed.
● Conducted surveys of physical stream channel of each reach and sample insect communities.
● Analyzed insect populations and organic material densities of various reaches in lab.
Horizon Air Measurement Services, Camarillo, CA – Intern June 2016 – September 2016
● Tested and recorded velocity flow rates of smokestack exhaust from various industrial sites.
● Traveled to a variety of locations throughout Southern California and worked with many different contractors.
● Obtained general understanding of permitting processes and obtained technical writing skills.
Effect of Stream Channel Gradient on the Macroinvertebrate Communities of Little Creek – Senior Project June 2017
● Used GIS to create a site map and display any variations in community structure throughout the watershed.
● Used JMP to perform a statistical analysis showing the effects of channel gradient on community structure.
● Concluded that the relationship between channel gradient and community structure has no statistical significance and discussed potential reasoning for the outcome.
Ecosystem Management Plan – Ecosystem Management June 2017
● Aimed towards enhancing stream channel features of Lower Scotts Creek for the protection the Endangered Coho Salmon.
● Consulted with team of Undergraduates to write and format the report.
● Presented results to instructors and other classmates.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo – Spring 2017 Graduate
Major: Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management and Protection
Focus: Watershed Management and Hydrology Minor: Soil Science
GPA: 3.35 Dean’s List 3 Quarters
Ecosystem Management, Applied Resource Analysis and Assessment, Advanced GIS, Watershed Management, Soil Erosion and Water Quality, Forest Surveying, Environmental Impact Ecology, General Biology, College Physics, Calculus, Statistics.
• Understand common permits and permitting processes associated with environmental planning.
• Experience using GIS and Microsoft Excel.
• Obtained technical writing skills from internship with Horizon Air and from past coursework.