email@example.com 503-***-**** linkedin.com/in/margarethiatt SUMMARY
• Instructional Design
• Adult Learning Theory
• Project Management
• Adult Training
• Articulate Storyline 360
• Adobe Captivate 2017
“I enjoy working with Margaret very much. She is conscientious and always available to brainstorm with me or others. She often brings a different point of view... She is a great asset to the company.” Kevin Marshall, Vice President of Professional Services, Evisions, Inc PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Freelance, self-employed October 2016 – Present
Create and design eLearning courses, job aids and other instructional material. Boise State University May 2018 – September 2018
Intern/ Project Lead and Designer
Led a remote team on converting a face-to-face ethics training to an eLearning course. Oregon Child Development Coalition (OCDC) June 2018 – August 2018 LMS Report Writer
A temporary position to help OCDC create and modify SQL reports for their LMS (Learning Management System.)
• Created and modified reports using Report Builder 3, identifying and fixing errors and adding functionality.
• Found a solution to a problem OCDC was having with the LMS not recording the progress and completion of eLearning correctly. I created a prototype of the solution in Adobe Captivate for OCDC to implement as they update their training modules. Evisions, Inc August 2008 – September 2016
Software and consulting company that creates database reporting software for higher education clients.
Professional Services Training Manager
Promoted from Trainer to lead and develop a new Professional Services Training department to plan and produce end user training products for the Professional Services Division.
• Expanded from one non-standardized training product to 11 standardized training products created using instructional design principles to enable consistent and effective delivery across multiple trainers.
• Created training materials for all training products: PowerPoint presentations, lesson plans, learner exercises and classroom manuals.
• Formulated new processes with the product development team to increase communication to manage changes to training material before new product releases.
• Created onboarding material for the Training team to increase the ramp up speed for new trainers.
firstname.lastname@example.org Margaret Hiatt Page 2
Kforce, Inc April – December 2007
Project Coordinator at The Regence Group (contract position)
• Enhanced control over the standardized project management process by implementing a database for managing decisions, issues and risks.
• Created a process for gathering and disseminating lessons learned. On Call Organizing Services March 2006 – June 2007
• Owner who built company focused on assisting people and families with organizing their spaces, family processes and managing paperwork.
SRA International July 2003 – January 2006
Senior Member of the Professional Staff for the Reserve Component Automation Systems
(RCAS) program (3rd Level Technical Support on a military contract) Recruited to RCAS software implementation project to lead deployment efforts involving 54 National Guard sites deploying troops for service in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• Decreased installation time while improving efficiency by independently developing RCAS Server and Application installation manual. Manual was added to contract as a required deliverable.
• Enhanced engineers’ performance and application installation efforts by conceptualizing and designing RCAS applications presentation transformed into a one-day symposium attended annually by engineers, help desk personnel, government representatives, trainers and other contract personnel.
• Gained customers’ support and drove RCAS application utilization ratings by demonstrating enhanced productivity capabilities and reduced soldier hardship. EDUCATION
• Graduate Certificate in Workplace E-Learning and Performance Support, Boise State University (December 2018)
• Graduate Certificate in Workplace Instructional Design, Boise State University
• Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Foreign Service and International Politics, Pennsylvania State University