A growth-oriented professional with deep interest and commitment for Human Resource Practice. I do meaningful Human Resource research and analysis applying statistical tools. Aspiring for an appropriate HR position and build my way to bring the best out of people and help succeed the entity I will be part of. A woman who values relationship with empathy, act with candor and transparency, and has energy and passion for learning. Research
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY, New Delhi, India
Ph.D. Scholar, Aug 2011 – Apr 2018
• My Ph.D. thesis titled “Women in Global Production Networks: A Study of the Sumangali Scheme in Tamil Nadu” is an extensive theoretical and field research to study the integration of women in the global production network in textile industry in Tamil Nadu state of India. The study examines industry and labor relations, recruitment practices, code of conduct, contracting process and contract labor, labor laws, international labor standards, decent work and corporate social responsibility in the global garment supply chain. INTERNATIONAL LABOUR ORGANISATION, New Delhi,India Research Associate Intern, Feb 2014 – Apr 2014
• Prepared and manage extensive databases.
• Relationship building with Unions in the state of Haryana, India, to understand the HR practices in construction and garment industry
• Studied personnel management and industrial relation (labor recruitment practices, contract policy, negotiation & collective bargaining)
• Analyzed data using SPSS
• Validated Caste Class Intersectionality in the Labor Market posit with compelling field data
TATA STEEL RURAL DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY, Jamshedpur, India Junior Consultant, Oct 2010 – Nov 2010
• Participated in the determination of organizational policies of participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits.
• Research and analyze community needs to determine program directions and goals.
• Worked with community groups to explain agency purposes, programs, and policies.
• Impact assessment of the Community Engagement Centers run by Tata Steel Rural Development Society in Tribal and backward areas
• Developed a scoring matrix to highlight gaps and recommended tangible service quality improvements for the community development
INTERNATIONAL TRADE UNION CONFERDERATION, Cochin, Kerala, India
Project Associate, Jun 2010 – Oct 2010
• Worked on INTUC Campaign “Decision for Life” in Kerala. The campaign supports and empowers young women, individually and collectively, to make well-informed decisions about work, career and family, have access to secure jobs, earnings and social benefits, demand equal opportunities at work, and improve their leadership and negotiation skills.
• Conducted survey in IT, BPOs and Call Centers to understand the work life balance and career path. Created awareness about laws relating to establishments and general laws relating to women & workplace.
• Organized workshops to help young women in the service sector achieve better working conditions and increase the number of young women as trade union members and leaders and also created awareness on collective bargaining and dispute settlement
• Represented the campaign in relations with governmental and media institutions.
• Prepared and managed extensive databases.
• Provided assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
• Presented research findings to stakeholders.
• Provided assistance in the designing of survey instruments such as questionnaires.
• Track research participants, and perform any necessary follow-up tasks. TATA STEEL, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
Junior Consultant, Apr 2010 – Jun 2010
• Interviewed over 100 employees for mapping Employees Happiness Index. Analyzed data and made recommendations for organizational growth.
• Advised management on matters related to the administration of contracts or employee discipline or grievance procedures.
• Served as a link between management and employees by handling questions, and helped resolving work-related problems.
• Advised managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
• Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
ECORNELL UNIVERSITY, New York
Certificate in Human Resource Management Candidate, Expected graduation, Oct 2018
TATA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, Mumbai, India
M.A., Apr 2011
My Master’s degree is from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, a globally acknowledged institution for HR education and research. My degree was focused on “Industrial and Employee Relation” in the context of globalization and technology innovation. As part of it notable courses in focus were – Organizational Behavior, Employment Laws, Human Resources Management and all its core subjects.
UNIVERISTY OF DELHI, Delhi
B.Com(Hons), Apr 2009
Technical: People Strategy Employee Development Org Behaviour & Process Total Rewards and Compensation Staffing & Retention Research & Data Analysis Software Skills: MS Word R SPSS HRIS
Leadership: Empathy Curiosity Adaptability Advocacy Change Management Critical Thinking Communication