Laura P. Feeney
Waxhaw, NC *****
To obtain a challenging underwriting position to utilize my 20+ years of experience in the Mortgage Banking Industry
* FHA DE Underwriter
* Experienced professional with 20+ years mortgage
*Background in Underwriting, Processing and Originating
*Fha, VA, Usda,Fnma, Fhlmc, Portfolio loans.
* Excel at interacting with others at all levels to assure goals are timely and efficiently met
* Possess excellent interpersonal, analytical and organization skills
* Knowledge of DU and LP
* Experience with Encompass, Point, TMO, Chole, LPS, Loanquest operating systems
* Excel within highly competitive environment where accurate responses are the keys to success
* An effective attribute with skills necessary to complete assignments, self-motivation, and utilizing full potential of self and company
*Comfortable with complex income
Homestreet Bank Lynnwood WA November 2014 – July 2018
Help Desk- Senior Underwriter (Moved to North Carolina)
*Support sales staff providing loan guidelines to their particular income scenarios
* Calculate complex income scenario’s and craft opinions in writing for underwriting
* Resource for loan officers, assistants and processors with questions on income and guidelines.
* Calculate income for self employed applicants with multiple companies.
* Calculate income for applicants with bonus, overtime, commissions and variable income and bwrs who have had recent raises.
* Calculate RSU income for fnma, portfolio and our jumbo correspondents
* Calculate income derived from Asset depletion
* Assist loan officers and processors on how to structure their loans
* Participated in the review of exception requests with senior level management
* My goal has been to make a case for the sales staff and assure the underwriter that due diligence has been performed and the calculations/opinions/recommendations I provide are supported.
Cobalt Mortgage Kirkland WA June 2010 – October 2014
Help Desk Underwriter (company bought out by Caliber Mtg 10-14)
* Setup, organized and managed the underwriting helpdesk for 4 years.
* Resource for loan officers, LO assistants and processors with their program, credit, income, asset, appraisal and purchase and sale questions.
* Answered questions on Fha, Va, Conv and Usda loans .
* Provide guidance on the following loan products: Homepath, My Community, Fnma, WSHFC, DU Refi Plus, Fhlmc, Open access refinance, Fha, Fha streamline, VA, VA jumbo and VA IRRRL programs
* Assist loan officers and processors in structuring their loans
* Advise on title, appraisal and contract questions
* Calculate hourly, commission, bonus income
*Calculate complex tax returns for self employed borrowers
Wallick and Volk Bellevue WA July 2009- June 2010
* Processing FHA, VA Conventional, USDA, State Bond loans
* Calculate income (very comfortable with self-employed bwrs), review assets for sufficient funds to close, and acceptable source of deposits, review credit history and debt obligations
* Assisted clients through the process and maintained close communication as to the loan status
Bank of America, Charlotte NC Feb 2009 - July 2009
* Underwrote FHA Loans and cleared conditions
* Assure mortgage loan documentation is accurate and appropriate
* Make sure mortgage loan issues and deficiencies are resolved prior to final approval
* Render decisions on automated and manual FHA loans
* Review income, appraisals, insurance, title, credit reports, VOE,
VOM, VOR, assets, etc. for accuracy and compliance
* Support the sales effort and loan goals of the company by
Proactively restructuring loans (if possible) resulting in a win-win situation for the customer and the company
Genworth Mortgage Ins. Charlotte NC Dec.2008– Jan.2009
* I worked as a contract employee with Bank of America reviewing
Loans that were currently 90 days late for misrepresentation,
And non-compliance issues which breached the reps and
Warrants of the servicing agreements they were sold under, so a request could be initiated for the originating lender to purchase the loan back.
Equity Services, Charlotte NC April 2008-Oct.2008
DE Underwriter (Branch office is now closed)
* Underwrote FHA Loans and cleared conditions
* Communicate progress with brokers, processors and account
executives in regards to outstanding conditions and issues with the loan
* Trained two underwriters to become DE's
* Working with brokers and account executives to help them become
more familiar with fha guidelines and the fha connection
* Creating an atmosphere of continuous improvement in order to provide for improved turn times and exceptional quality of the end product
Lending Tree, Charlotte NC August 2006- April 2008
Conv /DE Underwriter (Branch office is now closed)
* Underwrote Conventional and FHA mortgages and cleared conditions
* Review and verify accuracy of mortgage loan documentation such as disclosures, credit, appraisal, title, AUS findings and related information
* I became part of two person team assigned to review loans with challenges, restructure and provide counter offers if applicable.
* Identifying problems and resolving deficiencies
* Improve speed and simplicity of the process by working with the team to decrease complexity in the mortgage process
References Available Upon Request