MARJORIE K. SCHALL
**** *. ****** ******, ************, PA 19428
Home: 215-***-**** email@example.com
Highly motivated, goal-oriented professional committed to providing consistent, quality legal services as part of a professional team. Experienced paralegal and project manager driven to provide exceptional administrative support, project management skills and customer service. Strengths include legal and factual research, time management, organizational abilities and trial preparation. Demonstrated ability and success in prioritizing a diverse range of tasks and balancing the demands of multiple high priority projects with minimal supervision.
● Highly organized ● Exceptional interpersonal communication
● Deadline-oriented ● Efficient multi-tasker
● Dedicated team player ● Strong legal and general research skills
University of Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Arts: Communications, 1987
Data Privacy Paralegal Analyst April 2018- August 2018
● Oversee privacy initiatives within FMC.
● Interact with key members of Legal, Compliance, HR, IT, Procurement and Risk departments regarding implementation of policies and compliance with GDPR.
● Compile and prepare statistical reports to HR business partners and leadership regarding data privacy initiatives and compliance and develop alternative methods of training to employees where necessary.
● Draft presentations, communications and training modules surrounding data privacy for senior leadership review.
● Implement and maintain FMC privacy training for new and current employees and provide targeted training to departments and groups as needed.
● Monitor and act as point of contact regarding questions and issues related to processing of personal data in consultation with Data Privacy managers.
● Assist on other employment related litigation matters and DHS audits.
CONTRACTUAL PROJECTS: September 2013- April 2018
Reed Smith, document review on Relativity; Greising Law, employment litigation paralegal; Pietragallo, Gordon, Alfano, Bosnick & Raspanti paralegal within White Collar Criminal defense and Qui Tam litigation team; Department of Health and Human Services, Office of General Counsel, paralegal/project manager for record retention and analysis.
Litigation Paralegal March 2012-August 2013
Francis & Mailman, P.C.
● Drafted and electronically filed legal documents in federal and state courts.
● Conducted legal and factual research regarding FCRA issues in context of filing class action complaints.
● Cite checked, edited and proofread briefs.
● Calculated deadlines and maintained litigation calendar of nearly 1,000 cases.
IP Litigation Paralegal November 2010-November 2011
Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check
● Conducted extensive internet research.
● Communicated with U.S. and foreign patent offices to obtain files related to intellectual property litigation.
● Performed factual and legal cite checking of briefs, prepared motions and discovery.
● Organized and reviewed documents to assess responsiveness and privilege.
● Prepared privilege and discovery logs.
● Researched and assisted in selection of e-discovery vendor.
● Coordinated initial coding framework and acted as liaison between attorneys and vendor.
● Trained and supervised 15 contract attorneys in document review and coding process.
● Assisted in all aspects of deposition and trial preparation and attended trial in U.S.D.C. Va.,
● Compiled exhibits and list of exhibits for trial; identified documentary materials in conjunction with preparation and review of witness direct and cross examination outlines
● Calculated, calendared, monitored and alerted IP team of all deadlines
Labor and Employment Litigation Paralegal October 1995- March 2006
Blank Rome LLP
● Sole paralegal in Labor & Employment practice group.
● Assisted 20 attorneys in all aspects of traditional labor representations and employment cases.
● Drafted position statements for submission to state and federal agencies, prepared discovery requests and responses, employment handbooks and policies and Blank Rome’s employment newsletter.
● Researched state and federal labor and employment laws and assisted in drafting briefs, memorandum of law and complex, case-specific motions.
● Analyzed data and statistical information.
● Implemented, maintained and circulated department-wide litigation deadline calendars.
● Microsoft Office Suite, AdobePro, iManage and other document management systems
● Westlaw and Lexis
● PACER and internet research
● Concordance, Summation, Relativity, Case Notebook, Ringtail, LiveNote, SharePoint, DropBox, CompuLaw, SAP, SAI Global/SuccessFactors, PolicyTech