RHONDA S. RICHARDSON, PMP
EXPERIENCE: EVERETT GRAPHICS, INC., Oakland, CA 2/05 to Present
Work with Management Team to collaborate on strategic, operational, technical and financial projects for high value, complex initiatives undertaken by the Company. Ensure that projects are in line with long-term business objectives, are financially sound, and that project requirements are achievable. Responsible for leading cross functional project teams and managing all activities in the project life-cycle (initiation, planning, executing, monitoring, closing). Responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside procurements/ vendors. Recognize and manage project risks, mitigating the effects on scope, schedule and quality baselines. Proactively engage in identifying solutions for future changes. Examples of projects completed:
• Managed the development of the Food Safety Compliance / Quality Assurance program. Worked with management to quantify the cost of quality problems and developed a corrective action tracking and resolution system. Set up technical testing procedures/metrics for paperboard related tests. Implemented an internal audit function to periodically verify the effectiveness of and adherence to procedures, then update procedures, policies and documentation to reflect relevant processes. Oversaw initial Food Safety Certification process and succeeding food and medical Customer audits.
• Managed a multi-phase implementation of system upgrades and process improvements that included a change from manual time keeping and manufacturing information gathering to an electronic shop floor data collection system and the implementation of an electronic inventory, shipment and warehousing system. Documentation included system design and logic specifications, step-by-step training manuals for end users and post implementation maintenance recommendations.
• Worked with Production to convert the manufacturing facility to a new platform, transforming multiple manufacturing processes from a small to large format. Managed the purchase and installation of core manufacturing equipment. Implemented new material handing methods, employee production processes, and quality considerations.
• Managed the development of a professional, highly trained Facilities Department with responsibility for capital asset development, building and equipment maintenance, security, and safety. Implemented a machine maintenance, tracking and analysis software system with an emphasis on reducing unplanned downtime and strategies for preventative actions. Developed annual capital expenditure and operating budget system, for presentation to Executive Management.
• Implemented several Accounting Department process improvements including streamlined daily accounting procedures and system utilization improvements, to expedite the flow of production and financial information to management. Documentation included step-by-step operating procedures for each department function and recommendations for additional improvements relating to ancillary departments.
ORRICK, HERRINGTON & SUTCLIFFE LLP, San Francisco, CA 4/02 to 2/05 Executive Committee Project Manager
Worked directly with the CEO to manage the strategic initiatives and projects set forth by the Executive Committee, developed and monitored project/initiative timelines from inception to conclusion, and facilitated communication between members of the Executive Committee and all Stakeholders. Responsibilities included:
• Coordination of initial due diligence and financial modeling of proposed mergers, providing interface between Orrick and the target’s management.
• Managed the Firm’s profitability analysis program designed to assist Practice Group and Office Leaders in making economic decisions. Created tools to help partners budget and staff new matters, as well as improve client intake decisions.
• Supervised the creation of the partnership’s compensation model. 3333 Broderick Street #102
San Francisco, CA 94123
Rhonda S. Richardson
Page 2 of 2
KELMSCOTT COMMUNICATIONS LLC, San Francisco, CA 8/99 to 10/01 Sr Financial Analyst
Part of the management team at Kelmscott (a private equity fund) engaged in acquiring and integrating companies in the commercial/digital printing industry. Responsibilities included:
• Identified, screened and initiated contact with potential acquisition candidates, ran business valuation/shareholder value models for each investment scenario and evaluated acquisition candidates against the investment criteria of the Fund.
• Managed due diligence process from beginning to end including: candidate’s financial and business performance, operational fit, management capability, environmental and OSHA compliance.
• Ensured a smooth transition of the Acquired Company and its employees into the Kelmscott group of companies, using Company developed metrics to statistically analyze financial forecasts, pricing structures and operational efficiency.
PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS LLP 6/96-8/99
Investment Banking Group – Analyst – San Jose, CA
Provided traditional investment banking services such as M&A advisory, raising private equity capital, IPO advisory and other strategic business services to middle market, high-tech companies. Performed extensive company and industry research for marketing and deal support in several sectors, including semiconductor, networking, network security, e-commerce and enterprise software. Series 7/64 registered (since lapsed). Dispute Analysis and Corporate Recovery – Consultant – Portland, OR Examined financial, accounting, economic, and operational information in the analysis of damages in various litigation actions. Performed business valuations and conducted industry analyses. Utilized forensic and other accounting and auditing procedures to uncover white-collar crime and irregular accounting practices. Provided business turnaround services to companies in various degrees of financial decline. EDUCATION: UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI, Coral Gables, FL
Masters of Business Administration
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY, Tempe, AZ
Bachelor of Science – Finance
AFFILIATIONS: PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE, Member PMP Certified