Triniece Gaines ~ Registered Nurse
Richmond, TX 77407-5096
I am seeking a full-time permanent RN position. I have over a decade of nursing experience including management of patients with multiple comorbidities including persons diagnosed with IDD and mental health diagnoses that are typically at high risk for readmission to hospital or ER setting. Experienced in ensuring high standards of culturally competent care for a wide variety of patients with diverse needs in a community health-care setting. Experienced in case management as well as disease management with high-risk patients. Excellent communication skills and teaching skills demonstrated by years of experience in the healthcare field in a variety of clinical settings including behavioral health, case management, community health nursing, rehabilitation and private duty nursing.
September 2018 to Present: Healthy Schools Houston, TX
• Providing compassionate, quality skilled care in the clinic setting. Additionally, clinic set-up, delivery and the coordination of care
• Focusing on safe effective care, secured partnerships, teamwork and client education.
June 2018 to Present: Advantage Medical Professionals Houston, TX
Registered Nurse Per diem
• Providing patient-centered, quality care by utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
• Focusing on patient satisfaction, patient/family-centered care, and quality care.
May 2013 to October 2017 The Menninger Clinic Houston, Texas
Charge Nurse/Staff Registered Nurse
• Serves as Charge Nurse and Staff Nurse on both inpatient adolescent and adult units.
• Completes staff assignments of clients to Registered Nurses and Mental Health Assistants. Assignments based on safety and interdisciplinary treatment plan for a therapeutic milieu
• Provides holistic competent care for patients on each unit presented with complex mental illness such as severe mood, anxiety, personality, bipolar, depression and eating disorders
• Reports and documents any behavior changes, abnormal labs, safety concerns, to physicians and administration. Assist client with development of a safety plan
• Participates in research data collection, documentation, and research outcomes, teaching provided to patients and family members based on evidence-based practice, to improve or maintain health
• Performs environmental rounds, safety rounds, chart audits, problem-solving, assessments, development or revision of care plans, emotional and physical concerns
• Works directly with a multidisciplinary team; liaisons with psychiatrist, psychologist, social workers, and other healthcare members. Assist with case management and discharge plans.
• Provide a safe milieu and help patients cope with their illness.
February 2011 to May 2013 ResCare/Edu care Community Living Houston, Texas
RN Case Manager, Nursing Supervisor
• HCS Case Management, Directs and supervise 5 LVN’s
• Assesses the needs of individuals, families, or communities, including assessment of individuals' home or work environments, to identify potential health or safety issues.
• Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans and psychiatric clinic needs.
• Develop/modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
• Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
• Provide triage to patients after hours as needed to address health concerns to determine the most appropriate care which included referrals to credentialed providers, contracted facilities, and community resources for consumers with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
• Completes RN comprehensive assessment and intake assessments of new patients.
• Works directly with a multidisciplinary team; liaisons with psychiatrist, psychologist, social workers, and other healthcare professions. Provide staff and client teaching.
December 2010 to June 2011 Veterans Administration Hospital Houston, Texas
Clinical Registered Nurse / Supplemental Staff
• Cares for and treated patients in the hospital setting focusing on patient-centered care
• Completes RN comprehensive assessments and intake assessments
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques
• Assesses and monitors patients, conferring with doctors on patient's progress.
January 2007 to December 2010 Heartland of Royal Oaks Rehab Houston, Texas
Staff RN, Nursing Supervisor
• Admits, transfers and discharges residents with documentation regarding care and service provided.
• Performs evaluations, completes clinical and environmental rounds, midnight census reports, and data entry.
• Assesses patient needs for nursing care and other services, and administers medications per policy
• provides education related to medications and plan of care, dressing changes, and monitoring vital signs to detect deviation from the norm and the condition of the client.
• Supports staff supervision, problem resolution, and provides information to team members to keep employees informed of current policies and programs.
December 2018 University of Texas at El Paso El Paso, Texas- Bachelor of Science Nursing
May 2000 Bishop Community College Mobile, Alabama- Associate of Applied Science Nursing
CPI and BLS certification. Case Management, Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills, Time Management, Supervisory & Teaching Skills, Medicaid Waiver Programs/Medicare, Proficient Computer Skills including Omnicell, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Available upon request