Jennifer S. Skelton
Palmetto Bay, Florida 33157
OBJECTIVE: Experienced legal assistant with excellent office management and client – attorney relation skills seeking a challenging paralegal assistant position where my working knowledge of legal terminology, general law, legal proceedings and continuing paralegal studies will be utilized for mutual growth in a collaborative team environment.
City College Miami, FL
Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies; March 2010- March 2012 Miami Palmetto Senior High School Pinecrest, FL
High School Diploma; August 2000- June 2004
Law Office of The Public Defender, Carlos J. Martinez- March 2012- Present Call Center- Support Staff Supervisor- July 2016-Present
• Job duties include managing time and punch records for 6-8 call center specialists, monitoring incoming phone calls and running constant statistical reports on call activity through the Avaya CMS Supervisor software.
• Interfacing with clients to resolve conflict and/or relaying messages to their respective attorneys or mitigation placement specialists.
• Meeting with staff to give or receive feedback with regards to office policy and procedures as well as gaining their input on how to overall improve call center productivity and call wait times.
County Court Division- Legal Secretary- March 2012-June 2016
• Job duties included opening, updating and closing case files, preparing the court calendar and respective case files for the following day.
• Scheduling hearings, depositions and other miscellaneous meetings for multiple division attorneys.
• Filing pleadings with the Clerk of the Court, requesting pertinent case records from various agencies and/or entities.
• Interacting with clients and relaying their messages to the respective assigned attorneys and/or mitigation placement specialists
Acosta Civil Trial Attorneys- August 2010-March 2012 Legal Assistant
• Assisted in the preparation of motions, pleadings, affidavits, briefs and court applications.
• Created and proofread documents including client correspondence and other legal court documents.
• Filing legal papers with the Courts, scheduling hearings, depositions, mediations, client appointments and other various meetings.
• Preformed client billing and account reconciliation. Toys R Us Store 8703- October 2009- August 2010
Customer Service Representative
• Job duties included cashiering merchandise sales and returns, customer service and sales consulting, providing recommendations to assist customers in making product purchase decisions.
The Palace at Kendall- June 2009- October 2009
Licensed Certified Nursing Assistant
• Job duties included assisting residents with daily living activities such as dressing, bathing and eating.
Best Buy Store 557- May 2008- June 2009
• Job duties included cashiering merchandise sales, customer service and sales consulting, providing recommendations to assist customers in making product purchase decisions. CompUSA- March 2007- May 2007
• Job duties included cashiering merchandise sales, customer service and sales consulting, providing recommendations to assist customers in making product purchase decisions. Michaels, The Arts and Crafts Store- October 2006- February 2007 Front End Supervisor
• Job duties included ringing up the sale of merchandise and returning unwanted unopened or defective merchandise, provided training and assistance to other cashiers, voided sales, handled returns and provided customer assistance as required. Law Office of Sharon L. Blake- October 2003- October 2006 Legal Assistant
• Job duties included answering phones, preparing legal documents for court, filing legal papers with the Clerk of Courts, assisting clients in filling out necessary paperwork, setting up various court dates, depositions, mediations, client appointments and miscellaneous meetings and client billing and account reconciliation. Law Office of Brian C. Perlin- February 2003-September 2003 Secretary
• Job duties included answering phones, filing documents, preparing client correspondence, scheduling client appointments and witnessing signatures on legal documents such as wills, trusts and quit-claim deeds. LICENSES:
• Notary Public, State of Florida
Commission expires July 15, 2022
Notary Commission No.: GG 228547
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent customer service and phone etiquette skills
• Ability to work well in high-stress, deadline driven, fast-paced environments
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Proficient in Corel Word Perfect
• Proficient in Timeslips/Phoneslips software
• Proficient in Avaya CMS Supervisor software
• Familiar with AIMsi Tri-tech and PC Charge POS software VOLUNTEER WORK/NOTEABLE MENTIONS:
• Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure- West Palm Beach, Florida- Volunteer, 2006 abd 2007
Help set up and take down event site
• Music Man- West Palm Beach- Volunteer, 2006-2007 Entered and processed rental contracts, answered phones and assisted customers with billing inquiries.
• Miami Dade Police Department’s Citizens Police Academy- Graduate 2014 12 week course designed to familiarize participants with Miami Dade Police Department’s policies, procedures and capabilities.
• Miami Dade Public Defender’s Office Redemption Workshop- Volunteer A workshop designed to aid ex-offenders in sealing and expunging criminal records and to help get their civil rights restored in accordance with Florida Law. REFERENCES:
• Available upon request