Clarice Barroso Maciel
Brazilian – Stamp 1G
Dublin, Ireland +353-*********
I am an enthusiastic and creative person. I am often described by my peers as a responsible, energetic and positive team player due to the passion I show working in dynamic environments. I am looking for opportunities that can challenge my abilities.
I have 13 years of experience in the event industry and have developed the critical skills needed for this environment such as excellent communication, strong leadership, creative problem solving, and good assistance support skills.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Student 2017 - Present
Trinity College Dublin Dublin, Ireland
• Worked as a consultant on projects for a world leading food & supportive services company;
• Worked in a Social Entrepreneurship Project in partnership with a not-for-profit organisation related to online security for children, focusing on national level marketing campaign to raise the cyber-literacy among parents and children.
Self-Employee as Event Planner and Project Manager 2004 – 2017
Over 13 years of experience in the event industry. Worked for more than 20 companies as a freelancer event manager such as:
National Basketball Association (NBA, United States)
Brazil Grand Prix of Athletics for the International Association of Athletics Federations World Challenge
Government of the State of Ceara
EnCena Produções (Cultural events agency)
S1 Produções (Event agency)
Cenarium Produções (Event agency), as well as other companies and agencies
• Experience in different areas as a Project Manager, Human Resources, Hospitality, Logistics and VIPs.
S1 PRODUÇÕES Fortaleza, Brazil 2013 – 2017
Freelancer Event Planning Consultant and Event Manager.
Short-contracts in 11 events, responsible for different roles in project management, guest management, program, and staff management.
• Produced 2 traditional Japanese Festival in partnership with the agency, responsible for the facility selection, contracting, pricing, transportation, food and beverage selections, entertainment, decorators, and audio/visual service arrangements.
• Worked with budgets between $5,000 to $15,000.
OLYMPIC AND PARALYMPIC TORCH RELAY CERIMÔNIAS CARIOCAS 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2016
• Assisted and supported the General Operations Director of the Olympic and Paralympic Torch Relay, as well as other main stakeholders in daily tasks.
• Developed a communication-model that enabled the collection of relevant information and was responsible for the coordination of the flow of internal and external information between the torch relay teams (security, drivers, operational staff, HR, regional managers, city celebration, hospitality and advanced teams).
• This operation occurred across 320 cities over a total period of 115 days.
ELEICAO 2014 COMITE FINANCEIRO CE DISTRITAL/ESTADUAL PARA GOVERNADOR PMDB – Fortaleza, Brazil 2014
Main Committee Coordinator. Responsible for the logistics of the site, media team support, security staff and internal committee schedule. Sorted and distributed incoming communication data. Organized the scheduling of meetings, conferences, and events; Took care of staff office space, travel reports, phones, parking and office keys. Allocated resources to various departments and managers as per their needs and requirements.
BRAZIL WORLD CUP 2014 CSM – Fortaleza, Brazil 2014
• Supervised the implementation of activities by the reception staff.
• Monitored hospitality areas before and after each match by taking pictures and preparing reports.
• Organised the host teams for my allocated sector.
• Was responsible for communicating with the regional manager and ensuring that guests have a great experience;
• Assisted up to 10,000 people each day.
FUNDAÇÃO CULTURAL NIPÔNICA BRASILEIRA Fortaleza, Brazil 2006-2013
• Helped to prepare project proposals, organise timeframes, schedules and budgets for 25 projects with focus on Japanese culture.
• Conducted training sessions and workshops for groups of 100 to 300 volunteers per semester to improve the workforce and productivity of the foundation.
• Assisted the Chairman's Office.
ENTERTAINMENT CONVENTION - SANA Fortaleza, Brazil 2004 – 2013
Chief of the Guests Department.
• Coordinated the Caravan Department, VIP Department, VIP Access, VIP Room, National Guest Department and International Guest Department.
• Planned and supervised logistics arrangements including: Air travel, ground transportation, accommodation, catering, contracts, and schedules;
• Coordinated more than 50 speakers coming from both national (Brazil) and international (Japan and USA) locations;
• Assisted with 7 live concerts;
• Integral part of Sana’s exponential growth from a public fan base of 5,000 to 80,000 people.
GOVERNAMENT OF THE STATE OF CEARÁ – Fortaleza, Brazil 2004; 2008; 2010
Producer. - Member of the curatorial team for the book biennial of Ceará in the years 2004, 2008 and 2010. Supervised all aspects of event: Selected the site, negotiated terms of event, decided on speakers and workshops, refreshments and made all special arrangements required. Managed all sort of the event operations – contracting, audio/visual service arrangements, security, first aid, hospitality and the media;
• Managed budgets of $15,000+ for events.
• Designer the lay out of the main room for speakers;
• Assisted up to 10.00 people in a day.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) September 2017 - November 2018
Trinity College Dublin Dublin, Ireland
Undergraduate Technological Program in Tourism Management January 2012
Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Ceará Fortaleza, Brazil
Languages: Portuguese (native), English (Full Working Proficiency), Spanish (Fluent), Japanese (Basic), French (Basic).
Skills: able to work under pressure, Multitask, Organization, Project management, Interpersonal and Communication skills, Good team player, Leadership, Strategic planning, Solving problem,
Powerpoint and Prezi and Ms excel
Awards: Youth Leaders Programme at Brazil-Japan Exchange
Interests: TV Series, Films, Mangá (Japanese comic), Traveling, learn about different cultures, fictional books, tea and RPG.
Attentive To Detail
Ability To Meet Deadlines
Capacity to deal with a wide
variety of different tasks
Good Team Player
Ms Power Point