Richmond, VA ***20
Highly motivated energetic, passionate and dependable professional with great customer service and communication skills. Proven ability to develop policies and procedures and drive continuous improvement. Excellent problem solver with proven leadership and ability to motivate teams to
meet / exceed goals. Detail oriented, organized and performance driven. Key Accomplishments
● Completely overhauled dining room operations, aesthetics and processes resulting in significant increase in overall traffic. Beef sales increased by over 200%
● After assuming responsibility for retail wine, sales increased annual sales by 100%
● Transformed RCC Wine Club into a local leader in the industry and served as a model presentation for CMAA(Club Managers of America) hosted by the Commonwealth Club
● Developed programs, set new standards to enhance, promote and market member events
● Promoted to Director of Banquets and Events within 5 months of initial hire PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Dining Room Manager
● Responsible for hiring and training 17+staff
● Introduced new Wine Program highlighting newest trends in wine and cuisine.
● Scheduled staff in accordance to budgetary guidelines
● Introduced floral program to resident dining
● Regularly attended resident dining committee meetings Hermitage Country Club, Richmond, VA
Member Dining Manager
● Managed all member dining operations to include grill, main dining room. and men’s grill
● Responsible for hiring, training and supervising 30+ staff for member dining facilities.
● Responsible for scheduling all staff to meet department goals including customer service and cost effectiveness.
● Developed and implemented an intensive staff training program.
● Motivated team using effective verbal communication skills to increase production
● Enhanced members dining experience through implementing floral arrangements program to member dining room
Richmond Country Club, Richmond, VA
Clubhouse Manager 2013-2014
● Assisted in the overall planning and execution of highly successful social and banquet events
● Responsible for managing all Clubhouse operations
● Enhanced members’ dining experience through the implementation of seasonal menus
● Implemented services to satisfy members diverse needs and continuously improve the customer experience
● Transformed RCC Wine Club into a local leader in the industry and served as a model for CMAA(Club Managers Association of America) hosted by the Commonwealth Club
● Generated new revenue for the restaurant by managing food and labor costs successfully and exceeding budgeted sales consistently in my tenure.
● Increased levels of food service quality and enhanced overall member dining experience
● Developed new and innovative ways in which to stimulate member participation in club activities and events
Assistant Clubhouse Manager 2012 - 2013
● Attended all House Hospitality Committee Meetings and ensured integration and coordination of all club social events
● Oversaw orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities
● Ensured all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and consistently utilized
● Oversaw daily operations as assigned by the Executive Club Manager and managed clubhouse in his absence
● Managed the performance and effectiveness of assigned departmental teams to ensure quality and delivery of product
Member Dining Director
● Responsible for training, scheduling and supervision of all service staff
● Increased levels of food service quality and enhanced overall ambiance of member dining experiences
● Developed wine lists and bottle/glass wine sales promotion programs
● Maintained appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all food and beverage equipment and facilities.
Director of Banquets and Events
● Worked with Events Coordinator to ensure successful execution for both member and non-member events.
● Assisted in creating innovative ideas for revenue generating events by implementing new design standards and expanding event options for member and non-member customers.
● Scheduled staff resourcefully to stay within departmental time cost while providing sufficient staffing for each event.
NOS Services (Verizon Contractor) 1989-2009
● Responsible for efficient installation, maintenance and repair of public telephones in Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.
● Supervisor of four work crews
● Responsible for scheduling of work orders to comply with Verizon deadlines EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Works Training & Certificate
Engaged in full-time coursework (160 hours) to strengthen workforce competencies and skills: computer literacy, professionalism, team building, communication, conflict management and leadership.
John Tyler Community College/J.Sargeant Reynolds
Richmond, VA: Undergraduate Coursework in Human Services/Business Virginia Commonwealth College,
Richmond, VA: Coursework in Business Administration Douglas Southall Freeman High School
Member CMAA (Club Managers Association of America)