Ashby, Cynthia, R.N., M.S.N
**** ******** **., ***** *****, Texas 75169
RECENT POSITIONS: Psychiatric Nurse Consultant Case Manager in Behavioral Health Partial Hospitalization. Registered Nurse at Harris County Psychiatric Center, University of Texas Teaching Hospital from March 2012 through 2014; Charge nurse in Houston Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital, Adults, Gerontology, Adolescents, and Children, Houston, Texas. Assistant Professor clinical teaching in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing with students at various hospitals.
1.2013 24th International Networking for Healthcare Education Conference co-sponsored by Elsevier Publishing and Cambridge University, England; speaking on the topic of “Clinical Decision Making” as applied in clinical practice, including Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
2.2012; 23rd International Networking for Healthcare Education Conference Presented research findings for University of Houston School of Nursing program of “Clinical Decision Making”, including Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
ASHBY & ASSOCIATES 01/09/1983 to 5/08/1990 and 04/09/1995 to 03/03/2014
Private practice of Healthcare Management, Education and Marketing Consultant consisting of case management, healthcare education, marketing, at The Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas in the following hospitals: MD Anderson, Methodist, Texas Institute of Rehabilitation and Research in a collaborative professional relationship with physicians, nurses, hospital personnel, families, and insurance companies
Charge nurse in Houston Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital, Adults, Geriatrics, Adolescents, and Children from 2009 to 2014
Taught highest quality Psychiatric-Mental Health patient care provided by professional student nurses at The University of Texas, Texas Womans’ University, University of Houston, and Murray State University
Administered National Institute of Mental Health grant for integrating Psychiatric/Mental Health and Behavioral concepts into baccalaureate nursing program, Murray State University
NCLEX-RN reviewer for Assessment Technologies Institute, 2009
University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Educational Consultant for Clinical and Translational Research Course
Adult Day Care Center as professional liaison with rehabilitation centers, hospitals and community agencies for patient referrals; Johnson & Johnson Home Health Care marketing to physicians
ACADEMIC POSITIONS HELD:
University of Houston Victoria, Sugarland, Texas 03/03/2010 to 01/31/2012
Wrote and implemented Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)grant for student remediation. Co-wrote and conducted research study using the patent pending Ashby Educational Diagnostic Method which was presented at The 2012 Networking for Health Educations Conference held at Cambridge University, England and co-sponsored by Elsevier Publishing.
College of the Mainland, Texas City, Texas 08/08/90 - 05/05/95
Taught highest quality patient care to professional student nurses in subject areas of Medical-Surgical, Psychiatric, Community Health, Pharmacology, and Nursing Management. Teaching included theory and clinical
University of Texas School of Nursing, Houston, Tx. 24 /08/78 – /24/06/83
Taught highest quality patient care to professional student nurses in subject areas of Medical-Surgical, Psychiatric, Community Health, Pharmacology, and Nursing Management. Teaching included theory and clinical in The Texas Medical Center Hospitals.
Bachelor of Science (Nursing & Biology)
Murray State University Murray, KY 10/06/62
Master of Science (Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing)
Texas Woman’s University Houston, TX 10/10/69
1. The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) Grant for implementing remediation tool. $80,000.00 USD
2. The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Grand for implementing mental health principles into a 4 year baccalaureate nursing program. $40,000.00 USD
3. The State of Kentucky Department of Health Grant for the study of autosomal male dominant cerebellar ataxia $5,000.00 USD
4. Murray State University Grant for the study of autosomal male dominant cerebellar ataxia. $3,000.00. One was the descriptive research project of a Kentucky family with autosomal male dominant cerebellar ataxia which was traced back to an ancestor from The Netherlands. This study was done at Murray State University by an undergraduate student
5. A year at Texas Womans' University on the graduate faculty reviewing all masters level professional research papers and theses. I supervised and reviewed several research studies too numerous to list here.
1. Proficient in IT: Word, Excel, Internet, PowerPoint, Digital photography, and Video camera.
2. Pastoral Nurse Program at St. John the Divine Episcopal with St. Lukes Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas
3. Charter member of Sigma Theta Tau, Texas Woman’s University, Houston, Texas.
4. Beta Beta Beta honorary biology fraternity