Mohamed Mostafa Hatem
http://eg.linkedin.com/pub/mohamed-hatem/51/b08/696 Talented accounting and finance professional with exceptional background and hands-on more than 8 years of experience in general accounting, commercial and credit control. Capable of effectively functioning with minimum supervision, known for taking initiative and skilled at meeting challenges and deadlines. A team player who is attentive to details and produces quality results. High Seven General Trading LLC Dubai, U.A.E. Apr 2017 – Present General Accountant, Responsible for the overall administration and financial operations reporting directly to founder and CEO
• Design and implement systems and procedures to ensure effective internal controls and minimizing risks.
• Keeps track with developments in all area of the business especially in the area related to Margin Analysis, Trade and consumer spend and overheads.
• Monitor sales and the profitability of each product/ customer and make recommendations to the CEO for price increase or cost reduction / diversification of sourcing.
• Managing cash flow to ensure the availability of enough liquidity to meet any future obligations. This includes preparation of cash flow forecasts on monthly and quarterly basis.
• Bank reconciliations, journal postings, cash sales processing and ensuring cash control accounts are reconciled on weekly basis.
• Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and supported by relevant and verifiable documents.
• Assure timely and accurate invoicing.
• Follow up on collections with clients and sales team and solve any disputes.
• Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly.
• Conduct credit checks on all customer, establish and manage limits.
• Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
• Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments. I.B.M Cairo, Egypt Jun 2013 - Mar 2017
Accounts Receivables Supervisor, PepsiCo Egypt Account FSSC (Financial Shared Service Center)
• Supervise the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities for cash application and billing functions on SAP in accordance with company policies and accepted accounting practices.
• Ensure that all AR transactions are recorded in the general ledger accurately and reconcile those account balances on SAP with what has been recorded in the financial database (MEA S&D Oracle) for all CFI plants (5 plants and 37 DC).
Mohamed Hatem firstname.lastname@example.org Page 2 of 2
• Take the lead in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes while ensuring transactions are in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
• Reports to the appropriate individuals in the organization on the status of closing activities and provides notification of any potential delays or issues that may arise to ensure month-end closing activities are completed timely & accurately.
• Provide guidance, coaching and development to new and existing staff as needed.
• Review customer’s accounts for possible collection issues and follow up with treasury team to record the collections on the spot to make sure that customer’s balances are up to date.
• Maintain customers credit limits (Increase, decrease and reflect any exceptions to the limits)
• Assign tasks, follow up and provide guidance to the team members and solve any issues may arise.
• Have hand experience in Sox Compliance (COSO testing). Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
Sakr Power Generation Egypt Cairo, Egypt Mar 2011 - May 2013 General Accountant, directly reporting to financial manager
• Handel the billing process, follow up with the customer, classification and posting of the daily receivable transactions, checks under collection and maintaining accurate and comprehensive records of each day’s transactions.
• Prepare monthly closing journal entries accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, adjusting entries and reclassifications.
• Manage and recording of the day to day petty cash transactions and perform monthly verification, replenishment and settlement of petty cash balance with the petty cash custodian.
• Perform monthly cash and bank reconciliations.
• Prepare sales tax monthly declaration and withholding tax quarterly declaration and resolve issues identified during the declaration preparation process to ensure accuracy of filings.
• Semiannual physical count of fixed assets and goods inventory.
• Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
• Quick books
• Tally Software knowledgeable
• Microsoft Office Professional
• Inflow – inventory system
• Batch Three
• Oracle –JD Edward
• Nationality: Egyptian
• Date of Birth: 22/8/1988
• Marital Status: Single
• Visa status: Employment transferrable
• Driving License: Automatic License
• Education: B.Sc. in Commerce, Accounting Department. 2009 from Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. Personal Information