Terris C. Brown
** ********** *****, ** ***** MD 20646
Email: email@example.com /Cellphone: 917-***-****
Pursuing a career in the fields of IT Security or SOC analysis where I can employ my extensive and professional work skills and experience in accomplishing the tasks assigned to me proficiently and successfully. Skills
13 years of extensive and diligent performance and experience in federal employment.
Proficiency in conducting risk analysis and preventive measures to maintain public safety and security needs.
Extensive experience in designing and developing safety systems, loss prevention and safety training programs.
Skilled in identifying suspicious activities such as violent acts, threats, thefts, criminal behavior and regulation breaches.
Experienced in facilities management and multiple platforms governed by communication protocols.
Excellent knowledge in IT analysis, help desk, configuring firewalls, routers, switches and web security gateways.
Excellent skills in implementing common protocols and services such as IPSec, DNS, TLS, SSL, TCPIP, SNMP and SCP.
Proficient skills in planning, designing, installing and configuring IT networks.
Proficient skills in analyzing intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS) and (IPS).
Excellent skills in computer softwares installation and network maintenance and troubleshooting.
Strong knowledge of evaluating risk associated with Cloud Computing and Virtualization.
Excellent skills in evaluating wireless security protocols such as WEP, WPA, WPA2, 802.1x, EAP, PEAP and ECC.
ITIL v3 in IT Service Management
IT Program Operations Intelligence and Trend Analysis Program Panning Policy Development
Public safety Government Compliance
People and Event Management Risk and Intelligence Assessment Reporting and Documentation Criminal Investigation Threat Management Time Management
MD Tech Solutions, LLC 06-2018 to current
Cyber Security Analysis (Internship)
• Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
• Trained to recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
• Communicates alerts to management regarding intrusions and compromises to our network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
• Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
• Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
• Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
• Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
• Experience monitoring network traffic (i.e. net flow and PCAP) and IDS/IPS data.
• Performs daily tasks based on internal work instructions and documentation
• Attended and implemented social engineering training
• Attended daily Scrum meeting between shift change over.
• Responsible for responding to incoming calls, voicemails, web-submissions, emails and chat for assistance from clients experiencing technical issues.
• Performed troubleshooting, analyze, resolve, track, escalate and accurately document various technical problems and resolutions.
Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington D.C. Oct/2017- Present Lead Police Officer
• Supervising daily Security Operations Center activities assigned to the team.
• Facilitating training in enforcing all federal, District of Columbia criminal codes and veterans’ administration regulations.
• Protecting United States properties and personal properties of medical center grounds.
• Facilitating training to enhance capabilities in riot control, and bomb threat search procedures.
• Facilitating training in exercise skills and knowledge in evidence gathering and preserving.
• Maintaining law and order and overseeing investigations, inspections, and audits.
• Overseeing evaluation activities and crisis situations and working on how to resolve such situations.
• Investigating code of conduct violations, vigilance cases, fraud and misconduct.
• Implementing code and conduct awareness and training sessions for staff members.
• Exercising lawful powers of the office and issuing general orders, special orders, memorandums and other directives necessary to ensure putting into action effective police services to the community.
• Overseeing the department in times of natural disasters, terrorist acts, major accidents, incidents, and criminal activities during non-business hours.
• Performing personnel security duties background checks and processed JPAS, NCIC and PIV cards. Department of Navy, Maryland Jan/2016 – Oct/2017
Law Enforcement Officer
• Protected United States Department of Navy properties
• Patrolled and enforced law in areas of high crime levels to ensure public safety.
• Investigated criminal activities and interviewed victims, witnesses and suspects.
• Participated effectively in crime prevention and public safety and assisted and encouraged the public to engage in acts of crime prevention.
• Conducted risk assessment of threats against all assets and vulnerability. First Coast Security, Virginia Sep/2010 – Oct/2017 Security Officer (Captain)
• Conducted in-depth analysis of collection operations and counter-intelligence investigative material.
• Provided indicators and situation briefings to subordinates.
• Analyzed and evaluated intelligence holdings to determine changes enemy capabilities, vulnerabilities and probable courses of action while serving in active deployment. Department of Veterans Affairs, Baltimore, Maryland Oct/2015 – Jan/2016 Law Enforcement Officer
• Conducted investigations at incident scenes and performed producers related to identifying, collecting, preserving, and processing evidence.
• Interviewed victims and witnesses with the accountability of identifying and interrogating suspects.
• Worked closely with the U.S. Attorney’s Office to obtain and file criminal complaints on arrested subjects.
• Abiding by federal, state, local laws and codes in apprehending and arresting offenders for committed crimes.
• Engaged in constant training to enhance law enforcement skills related to firearms proficiency, defensive driving, apprehension and arrest techniques, investigation and general law enforcement.
• SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTE, WASHINGTON DC Apr/2013 – Sep/2015 Police Officer
• DEAPRTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, WASHINGTON DC Sep/ 2009 – Apr/2013 Police Officer
• DEAPRTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, BROOKLYN, NY Nov/ 2005 – Sep/ 2009 Police Officer
Education & Training
- High School, Jamaica High School, Jamaica, NY – 1995
- Completed numerous instructor training courses in Law Enforcement Technical Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/ PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent skills in installing various IT and computing softwares.
- Excellent techniques in using penetration testing and vulnerability scanning to analyze security threat and breach.
References & Verifying Documentation
Available to provide upon request