• B.S. Environment Health/Occupational Safety, Fresno State University, 2007
• A.A English, Fresno City College, 2003
• Fresno County Environmental Health Department /CUPA
• Assisted with completion of food safety inspections
• Assisted with phone contacts to follow up on recommendations
• Assisted in inspections focused on regulation of hazardous chemicals
• Participated in providing aid to various companies in the development of emergency action plans.
HR Mobile Services 04/21/16-01/31/18
Loss Prevention Training Specialist: Assist employers with regularly documented employee safety meetings, specialized training, and inspections. Other tasks include ensuring that employees receive the required information upon initiation of employment.
•Conduct regular safety meetings and inspections
•Provide specialized safety training such as but not limited to Forklift Safety Certification, First Aid/CPR certification, Pesticide Safety (WPS)
•Follow up on submitted recommendations and assist by providing research and resources for problem solving solutions.
•Develop safety training programs for employees, and supervisors. Training topics also include HR related topics such as
Reasonable Suspicion (DOT)
•Discuss injury trends and consult on the best injury prevention measures.
•Provide updates on Cal/OSHA and OSHA regulations
•Maintain and update spread sheets and client data
•Submit abatement documentation requested by Cal/OSHA
•Complete accident investigations
•Assist in employee management tasks
•Coordinate in house department training
•Develop customized safety programs for internal office
•Consult with specialized accounts on Risk Management measures that include controlling workers compensation costs.
Risico Insurance Company 05/21/15-04/06/16
Loss Control Consultant: Completing safety assessments of employers and providing recommendation and consultation in the efforts of assisting AARLA policy holders with injury and workers compensation improvements.
• Complete initial and prospect inspections and report findings to underwriting department.
• Follow up with submitted recommendations and continue to provide consultation services to a variety of company’s according to their needs.
• Assistance with implementation and updates for internal safety programs as well as completion of ergonomic assessments for AARLA and KRM staff.
Sun West Fruit Company 05/21/14-5/20/15
Food Safety/Safety Specialist: Managing and Coordinating implementation of food safety programs, occupational safety practices, and environmental related programs for packing house and farming operations.
• Manage and implement all applying employee safety programs that include IIPP, Forklift/Tractor Safety, Global Harmonization, Lock/Out Tag Out, Heat Illness Prevention, Pesticide Safety, Respirator Safety, Confined Space Program, and Emergency Action Plan.
• Oversee Environmental Safety Programs that include Cal/Arp and Hazardous Material Business Plan
• Manage and oversee implementation of Food Safety Programs that include HACCP, SQF, and Global GAP.
Zenith Insurance 05/15/08- 05/03/14
Loss Control: Safety and Health Consultant- Providing safety and health services to companies of various industries. These services include the following:
• Assisted policy holders in maintaining adequate Cal/OSHA standard compliance and injury prevention practices.
• Consultation for effective development of safety programs
• Identified and evaluated the following workplace safety & health exposures: manual material handling and ergonomics; machinery and equipment guarding; falls; motor vehicles; and occupational disease.
• Conducted assigned underwriting inspections at prospect and policyholder locations to define business operations, and key employee injury/illness exposures and controls.
• Evaluated effectiveness of prospect and policyholder safety & health programs and workforce wellness initiatives.
• Identified moderate complexity engineering and/or administrative controls to reduce workers’ compensation loss potential.
• Developed and submitted recommendations to reduce policyholder employee injury/illness potential and workers’ compensation costs.
• Influenced policyholders to implement safety & health recommendations.
• Built and maintained productive policyholder and agency work relationships.
• Prepared effective reports for policyholders and internal partners.
• Conducted effective investigation of serious workers’ compensation incidents.
• Coordinated safety & health services for multi-location, single region policyholders.
• Applied principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Responded positively to direction and feedback on performance.
• Performed other duties as assigned.
Borreti Inc. 10/15/11- 12/20/11
Safety and Health Professional- Assisting companies with the execution of safety activities including the following:
• Development safety programs such as IIPP, Lock Out/Tag Out, Heat Illness Prevention, Hazard Communication etc.
• Supervisor Training on safety leadership in English and Spanish
• Bilingual employee safety training to address safety concerns
• Completion of safety inspections based on Cal/OSHA standards and best practices focused on injury and illness prevention.
Will staff 03/2/08- 05/15/08
EH& S Manager Pactiv Inc. - Completion of safety activities for Pactiv Inc.
• Implementation and development of company safety programs and policies which include Hearing Conservation Program and development of SOP’s
• Employee Safety Training focused on clear company communications
• Completion of safety inspections
Independent Consultation Work 01/5/08- 1/29/08
• Completion of ergonomic evaluations for USDA
• Proficient knowledge of Cal/OSHA and OSHA standard
• Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, and development of PowerPoint presentations in English and Spanish
• Proficient public speaking, training, and communication skills in English and Spanish
Affiliations and Volunteer Work
• Served as Vice President (2010) and President of Central Valley American Society of Safety Engineers, earning the STAR award for excellence in performance for Region I in 2011.
References Available Upon Request