Benjamin F. Beideman
Forked River, NJ 08731
Proven Leadership Experience
Entrepreneurial-minded, driven manager, executive, and key assistant with extensive direct experience in administration, management, and leadership of small and medium size businesses and non-profit organizations. Designs and implements diverse project types, continuously expanding breadth of knowledge and experience, to best deliver for both startup and scaled businesses. Focus on leveraging proven and emerging technology in innovative ways for continuous improvement to critical business processes, realizing efficiencies that ensure delivery of stellar results for employers, partners, clients, and organizations.
Highlights of Qualifications and Experience
* A “can-do/will-do” approach to leading organizations, divisions, teams, and projects to achieve outstanding objectives.
* Design, implementation, and refinement of processes for small and medium businesses and non-profit organizations.
* Focus on realizing continuous improvements to cut costs, increase efficiency, and boost bottom-line fiscal results.
* Attention to detail and commitment to learn and master any competencies necessary to exceed project objectives.
* Organization Management and Oversight
* Project Design and Implementation
* CI Approach to Business Processes
* Team Building and Leadership
* Process Research and Development
* Public and Media Relations
* Client Outreach and Support
* Urgent/Crisis Management
* Budgeting and Accounting
BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH INNOVATIONS CORPORATION
Executive Director/Board of Trustees (ED)
August 2017 – Present
Lead non-profit economic development organization focused on business incubation, education and advocacy, and research and development of emerging technologies. Exude passion about the promise of emerging technologies, such as blockchain distributed ledger, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and personal data store, to reshape economies and societies.
* Provide day-to-day managerial and operational support for the organization, spearheading its three primary initiatives.
* Conduct all facets of operating a small non-profit organization, including compliance, governance, accounting, team, media, and donor relations, and grant planning, design and applications.
* Implement educational and advocacy initiatives to advance the objectives of the organization.
* Launched complementary U.S. and U.K. based charities, including operations processes and governance policies.
* Conducted successful launch donor fundraising drive in the model of an Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
NELSON R. BEIDEMAN CENTER FOR RESPONSIBLE FISHERIES
Executive Director/Founding Trustee (ED)
July 2015 – Present
Coordinate the formation and operations of this 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization, which is focused on researching, developing, and promoting best-practices for improving responsibility in U.S. wild-capture fisheries. Implement programs with partner organizations to network with stakeholders to identify challenges and realize opportunities. Develop Federal and non-governmental grant projects including research, education, and advocacy work to advance the organization’s mission.
* Work with diverse stakeholders to achieve consensus in advancing the primary initiatives of the organization.
* Extensive experience in preparation of grant proposals, including budgeting, team relations (employees/subject matter expert contractors), specifications, narrative authorship, and implementation/operations plans.
* Coordinate design and implementation of web-based data-sharing among participants in grant-funded research projects.
* Execute facilitated workshops with diverse fisheries stakeholders focused on exploring challenges and opportunities.
* Develop and participate in Federal and NGO-funded grant opportunities that advance the Center’s mission.
VAST ARRAY CORPORATION
Chief Operations Officer (COO)
February 2010 – December 2017
Responsible for the smooth operations of a small administrative and management services business with corporate, non-profit, and public sector clients. Identified and addressed operational challenges and realized operational efficiency gains. Led diversification efforts that resulted in substantial revenue increases and significant client retention improvements.
* Developed and implemented client-focused, detailed project and management/administrative service agreements.
* Implemented continuous improvement processes to numerous critical and secondary business functions, resulting in better employee utilization and enhanced bottom-line results.
* Planned and implemented detailed project management/administrative service agreements that exceeded client objectives.
* Expanded scope of expertise to understand and master client challenges, enabling better, more effective outcomes.
SUSTAINABLE SWORDFISH LLC
Chief Executive Manager (CEM)
Forked River, NJ
May 2012 – September 2015
Coordinated the operations, from pre-formation to dissolution, of this limited-purpose partnership of major U.S. seafood wholesalers. Developed and implemented a detailed plan to seek and obtain eco-friendly seafood certification pursuant to the rigid criteria established by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and assessed by Intertek. Interfaced with partners at all levels of their organization throughout the process. Developed detailed documentation required for the extended process invoked by close review by an independent adjudicator.
* Spearheaded all facets of the organization, its planning, and operations from pre-formation to orderly dissolution, including certification plans, operational plans, fishery client action plans, and independent adjudication submissions.
* Made continuous refinements to operational plans, realizing new efficiencies that reduced operational costs by 45%.
* Implemented the operational plans of the certification, exceeding both the rigid MSC criteria as well as the specific needs of the fishery to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
* Successfully overcame an independent adjudication process triggered by the groundbreaking client action plans developed.
BLUE WATER FISHERMEN’S ASSOCIATION
Assistant Executive Director (AED)
September 2010 – August 2015
Led the reinvention of a trade association that represented a dominant segment of U.S. seafood wholesalers since 1990. Assembled the team, resources, and capabilities necessary for the organization to better meet its objectives. Developed competencies in a variety of specific areas, and used this expertise to realize gains in efficiency and effectiveness.
* Managed the daily operations of a national trade association, its governance, member services, and advocacy efforts.
* Facilitated the capture of record revenues and operational surpluses that enabled the organization to better meet leadership and member expectations.
* Realized large gains in the prominence of the organization by designing and implementing a revitalization plan that focused on many operational areas, including member service, in-person workshops, enhanced advocacy, and cost efficiencies.
* Developed subject matter expertise in previously unfamiliar disciplines, including Federal rulemaking and effective advocacy.
Master of Science in Business Administration (MBA), University of Phoenix (September 2011 – May 2014)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BBA), University of Phoenix (October 2005 – April 2009)
Associate in Applied Science in Business (AAS), Ocean County College (September 1999 – May 2001)
Diploma, High School, Southern Regional High School (September 1990 – June 1994)
National Association of Government Contractors (NAGC)
New Jersey Business and Industry Association (NJBIA)
U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Emerging Citizen Technology – Blockchain Technology
Personal Internet Resources
Medium (blog): https://email@example.com
Personal Website: https://www.benjaminbeideman.com