Jonathan Joaquin Pena
Revenue Analyst - Diocese of Arlington
Alexandria, VA 22312
An accomplished accountant who has worked for both private and nonprofit sectors with a commitment to create value for the employer by delivering professional financial excellence using my skills, experience and commitment to lifelong learning. Adept at budget processes, financial reporting, strategic planning and day to day management of organizational operations. Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Diocese of Arlington - Arlington, VA
June 2017 to Present
• Assisted with multi-company monthly close that includes bank reconciliations, balancing due to/due from accounts for multiple entities, and other G/L account settlements.
• Developed and maintained accounting spreadsheets and revenue analysis workbooks to meet finance department needs.
• Prepared various year end schedules and operated as the liaison for revenue information for annual audit.
• Owned with minimal supervision revenue processing ensuring case receipts are processed and recorded in an accurate and timely manner. This includes multiple sales systems for sales recognition.
• Worked with Project Managers to accurately classify and code sales by establishing strong working relationships with them to address issues before they develop into problems.
• Drived the processing of credit cards by managing the analysis and recording of revenue. Resolved coding challenges to achieve a highly organized and detailed sales revenue classification system.
• Reviewed sales invoices for posting to the correct fiscal year and thorough understanding of deferring selected revenues to future years.
• Investigated unusual invoice items and resolves customer billing issues. Revenue Accountant
Diocese of Arlington - Arlington, VA
November 2009 to June 2017
• Reviewed revenue and cash receipts, transaction batches for accuracy, reasonableness and adherence to practices, manage the posting of batches and filing of posting.
• Ensured thorough and timely integration manager of iMIS data into Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) to update general ledger and bank reconciliation modules for all entities.
• Reconciled Diocesan, Catholic Charities, and Arlington Herald bank accounts using Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains).
• Recorded monthly routine bank transactions needed for reconciliations, to include NSF/voided cash receipts, checks; maintain hard and soft copies of reconciliations
• Researched and resolved outstanding checks for various entities
• Updated diocesan Cash Management worksheet as needed.
• Worked closely with the Development department on insuring pledges were processed properly.
• Provided various internal reports using Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) to Controller and Assistant Controller for projections.
• Performed monthly journal entries for Catholic Charities and other support as needed for monthly and year end close.
• Assisted with vendor maintenance in Great Plains
• Assisted with daily bank lockbox reconciliation and batch creation for all diocesan departments. Catholic Diocese of Arlington Accounting Assistant Arlington, VA
• Prepare items/transactions for data entry by organizing vouchers, invoices, cash receipts, deposit tickets, bi-weekly time sheets and other pertinent information.
• Enter data into Great Plains, Payforce, or DLS for various accounting related transactions - accounts payable (Invoice entry), accounts receivable (charges, billings), cash receipts (daily cash received), banking (Withdrawals, deposits, loan draws, loan payments, interest expense), and payroll.
• Run reports and other items in Great Plains, Payforce, or DLS - checks for weekly run and hot checks, batch transactions edit reports, monthly statements for third parties (customers), payroll reports; bank reconciliations.
• Assist with office's file management program -- maintain/capture hard copies of all back up for accounting transactions; keep drawer files organized, labeled, and all-inclusive; maintain organization and cleanliness of file room; transition files to electronic data storage via scanning and attaching within the various accounting software, or saving onto Accounting's G drive as space becomes more limited in the file room; destroy boxed records or delete electronic file storage after the time limit has expired
• Maintain various accounting log books -- policy and procedures; administrative actions; wire and ACH transfers; voided checks and stop payments; DIAL banking deposits and loan payments.
• Prepare letters, memos, other correspondence, and accounting schedules -- annual audit confirmations; administrative actions; external wire transfers; supporting audit schedules; supporting schedules to balance sheet items - and obtain required signatures.
• Process mail, overnight deliveries, and deposits
• Prepare voucher forms for invoices paid under the Accounting Department's budget. Teller Representative
Wachovia Bank - Springfield, VA
2007 to 2009
• Responsible for all incoming phone calls and letters received to ensure delivery of excellent service.
• Completed night drop deposits from businesses in assurance that it is properly processed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Daily cash handling of $75,000 to $80,000 ensure completion of proper end of day reports.
• Coordinate monthly orders for money orders, traveler's checks and official checks.
• Processed incoming and outgoing customer transactions.
• Handled customer concerns about their accounts such as statements prints and balance transfers.
• Inform customers about current promotions and rates and refer to financial specialist. Education
High School Diploma
Woodson High School - Fairfax, VA
Credit hours in Office 365
Adult And Community Ed. Building - Alexandria, VA
Principles of Accounting 1-2, Computerized Accounting, Government & Non for Profit Accounting, Intermediate Accounting I
Northern Virginia Community College - Alexandria, VA Skills
Accounts Receivable, Expense Reports, Great Plains, iMIS Database, Abila, Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Cash Handling, Excel, Word, Billing, Cash Management, Filing, Data Entry, Payroll, Integration Manager, Banking, Accounting, Customer Service, Sage, MemberMax, Nimble, Import/Export, Expense Reports, ExpoCad, PayPal