Alternative mobile +971-**-*******
Skype : ranjit.narayanan76
Channel Sales, Retail & Customer service professional, with an impressive record within Distribution & Retail management. Over 8 years UAE experience in Distribution Experience in Mobile, Office automation & Lifestyle products. Over 4 years Retail Management experience within high volume telecom retail and Electronics and 6 years in 5-star hospitality businesses.
A management professional recognized for integrity and confidence. Areas of expertise include:
• Growth and Revenue enhancement. • Business & Operations Management
• Sales & Marketing • Manage & Streamline Process in Sales & Operations
• Profit attainment. • Developed, trained and motivated multi-national team
• Client relations. • Human Resources -Recruitment & Training.
• Driving Sales effort. • Cross Departmental functions Educational Qualification MBA -Masters in Business Administration- International Business (Dubai 2009) Graduation in Hotel Management (3 year DHM) from IHMCT&AN, Bangalore 1998. PROFFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Over 18 years
Regional Sales Manager - LIFETRENDZ MIDDLE EAST ( Feb 2016 –Sep 2017 ) Distributor for Electronics& Multimedia- Motorola Mobile Accessories, Wicked Audio & Gamevice
f Managed key accounts –Lulu Group, Geant Hypermarkets (Fucom), Emax Electronics, Jackys Electronics and Lifestyle-Landmark Group for the distribution of major brands of Multimedia and Lifestyle products. f Motorola became the 3rd best selling brand in Lulu Group (UAE) in Audio accessories within 6 months of launch in UAE.
f Handled Media Plan and marketing of Motorola and Wicked Audio. f Listing new brands (Go Vision, Key Gear, Wicked Audio) and promoting new brands of multimedia and Lifestyle products among Mass Market and Power Retailers.
f Participated in major events Gitex, DSF with power &Retailers. f Active participation in marketing events of Hypermarkets and planning promotions for Eid and Christmas/New Year.
f Maintaining market share and GP targets for the brands. f Monitoring stocks and recommending promotions to liquidate slow moving stock. f Training –Sales Floor & Product training for Al Ghanim Kuwait, Emax, Lulu & Geant Promoters. Previous position
Channel & Retail Sales Manager (Nov 2012-Oct 2015) Axon Business Systems has been 50years in Dubai dealing in Secure Storage Solutions, Office Automation and Integrated solution provider catering to the needs of banks, educational and financial institutions’ across UAE. The exclusive distribuitors of Chubbsafes, GBC, Ideal, Legamaster and other European brands in UAE.
Handle the Sales of Secure storage solutions and Office Automation thru the retail outlets and channel partners. Taking key strategic decisions regarding partner, product and range and assortment planning. Managing team targets, recruitment and training, motivating and effective management of retail and channel operations. f Product / Brand Management: Manage the range and assortment of GBC-Acco, IDEAL &Legamaster range of products. Constantly update the channel and corporate sales team regarding product and range development. f Partner Management: Maintaining the relationship with the export managers from the principal’s and being the key company contact for all major brands including Xerox, GBC –Acco, Ideal, Legamaster & Chubbsafes. f Chanel Management: Enroll key channel partners and engage them to increase sales within the territory. Enlisted key partners both online and channel partners with major reseller network. f Sales & Marketing: Handled events like Paperworld, GITEX Technology Week & Intersec where the key brands
& their product line were showcased and successfully generated leads for the company. Responsible in the creation and implementation of marketing strategy for the company, setting out entire budget, media plan, setting up media deals with Media Agency to ensure maximum exposure at lowest cost, management of PR, copy-writing and proofing of all marketing materials. Managed the promotional and media campaigns. Developed and managed the online site www.iwantasafe.com and also assisted in development of www.axon.ae website.
f Sales team management: Recruitment of channel & retail sales team and training of staff to ensure that they are adequately prepared to meet the requirement of the role. Managing the team leave plans and managing the team’s individual targets.. Sales revenue management while maintaining the GP target and controlling the overheads.
f Retail sites: Exploring retail opportunities in new mall location and liaison with the commercial brokers and mall management in selection of site and retail development. f Dealing with customers from Africa, India and overseas inquiries. Previous position
Hadi Enterprises: Channel Sales Manager – Handling key account of Carrefour: UAE, KSA & Kuwait- (Jan 2010 till Sep2012)
• Driving Sales: Carrefour Account generated AED 25 Million in sales in 2011. Achieved 10% growth for the year 2010 & 20%growth in 2011 and holding 25% share within Carrefour LHH division.
• Undertakes strategic planning and business development to ensure revenue growth in all Company products.
• Completes pro-active competitive strategies and targeted sales campaigns.
• Assortment planning, OTB preparation, cross functional department team reviews.
• Provides support and compiles data to aid in assessing product assortment. Recommend changes to assortment, markdowns, mark-ups, and to promote items based on current rate of sales and go forward plans.
• Evaluate product assortments, quality, pricing, merchandising strategies and business opportunities.
• Manages and motivates the sales team to ensure optimal efficiency / productivity and morale results in good operational performance.
• Attends to regular face to face client visits / meetings to gain a comprehensive understanding of their existing business needs & assisting in enhancing the team’s ability to service the same.
• Client Management: Responsible for building, sustaining and growing a productive working and revenue generating, relationship with the assigned Customers. Actively resolves all customer complaints with regards to sales and service. Negotiation of terms with outlets in new markets like Saudi, Kuwait & UAE branches.
• Brand management- Sourcing, listing, monitoring margins, seeing thru the entire life cycle of the product.
• Inventory management- Managing the inventory, ensuring sell out of clearance inventory,
• Promotions and shelf share management. Controlling returns and making stock adjustments.
• Vendor Management: Handling the reorders based on consumption, Sourcing new vendors for new range, as well as alternative suppliers for existing range as and when situation demands. 3
• Manpower Management: Managing 10 merchandisers- their leave plans, handling administrative functions and related expense accounts. Training them and updating them on changes in the product range and their display.
• Marketing: Ensuring the listing and approval of products with the merchandise managers and enhancing the visibility of brands. Oversee the photography of products for the Carrefour pamphlet. Previous Position
Harman Middle East : Retail Manager – handling 9 HARMAN House retail outlets across UAE (Dec07 till Nov 09) Harman Middle East is the retail and distribution wing of Harman International (California –USA). Headquartered in JAFZA-Dubai the Middle East distribution network covers 45 countries. Harman House is the brand of retail showrooms with 9 outlets across UAE that sells Harman Kardon, JBL, and Infinity acoustic products, McIntosh and other pioneering high-end consumer and professional audio equipment’s. Job responsibilities
• Sales Management Managing and motivating a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency; analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profits; analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning; Target and incentive management.
• Product Management Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control. Coordinating with principals (Samsung) for forecasting and marketing activities. Controlling ageing inventory and cost-efficient solution to liquidate them.
• Administrative function Dealing with staffing issues: interviewing potential staff; conducting appraisals and performance reviews; and providing / organizing & conducting training on selling skills and product knowledge.
• Customer service Responding to customer complaints and comments; touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues. Handled customer escalation & big ticket retail customers from Russian & African subcontinent
• Marketing initiatives Actively involved in the marketing initiatives and contribute by offering creative inputs. Attending and chairing meetings; updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues. Tie up with banking partners for various marketing & promotions activities. Negotiated and managed contracts with banks and Emirates for Skyward tie up with Harman House. Managed the marketing budget and Media planning with the agencies, Approving the Ad copy for the promotion for print ads and the radio ads. Managed the BTL and ATL activities.
• Retail Operation Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitoring what local competitors are doing; dealing with sales, as and when required. Competitor visit and analysis of selling price and promotional activities.
• Retail Development Identifying and finalizing new store locations, coordinating the renovation of existing stores and fit outs of new stores that are coming up.
• Event Management Planned and executed events including GITEX, DSF and warehouse sale.
• Training & Development Analyzing training requirement & bridging the gap thru external/internal trainings. Previous position
Du -Retail Store Manager -(May 2006-Feb 2007)
Du is the 2nd telecom service provider in UAE. Providing quad play of Mobile, Fixed line, Broadband and Pay TV.
• Responsible for planning and directing the retail operations including all related management functions with the end result of a positive customer experience.
• Resource management, Sales Target Management, Finance and Inventory management-Maintaining stock integrity, Stock Audits, Cash Audits, Monitoring Cash and Banking procedures. 4
• Workforce Management- Team KPI – charting career graphs, Coaching and counseling. Rewarding & encouraging efforts. Maintaining the team spirit and motivation level thru effective team building.
• Brand standards Compliance thru adherence to policies & procedures and effective sharing of Best practices with pear group. Planning and forecasting - Pre launch check of stores, stocks and processes. Previous position
Orange Shop Mumbai : Store Manager (Dec 2004 – April 2006) Retail outlets that are customer service and sales center providing sales as well as after sales support for mobile connections. Orange was re-branded as Hutchand is now VODAFONE INDIA. Hutchison Max Telecom Ltd. Part of the Hutchinson Whampoa, Hong Kong, operating under the brand name of Hutch and Orange in over 17 countries worldwide Achievement Awarded the Best Shop Manager among 14 shops in Mumbai in the 1st quarter of 2005. Job responsibility
The core focus of the job is customer service and increasing sales of mobile connections & value added services, which would enable the sustenance of the shop. Focus on retention of the existing customer base.
• Workforce Management: Handling a team of 24 executives.
• Retail store and floor management: Directed workflow, supervised & trained team in handling high volumes averaging 500+ customers a day whilst maintaining high customer focus, quality customer interactions & Revenue enhancements thru strong sales drive.
• Purchase, inventory management & merchandising. Managing stock levels & making key decisions about stock .
• Planning, forecasting, and reporting on sales, costs and business performance.
• Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry.
• Understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing. Planning and implementing merchandising process, layout and customer traffic flow. Managing customer service activities, selling and staff competence in these areas.
• Liaising with and utilizing support from suppliers, merchandisers and other partners as required. Seeking and continuously developing knowledge and information about competitor’s activity.
• Day to day management of store in accordance with overall company policy.
• Analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes. Position held during 6 year tenure with 5 star hotels Grand Hyatt – Dubai -Guest Services Officer-(Dec 2003- Dec 2004) Guest Services Concierge handles Bell service, Valet service Concierge and Limousine service. GSO-Guest services oversees the team of 5 bell attendants, 7 limousine drivers and 15 valet parkers. Perform concierge functions includes handling airport pick up and drop, arranging golf bookings, tours and safari’s, concert tickets. Ensuring revenue capture thru accurate billing of guest for hotel limousine usage & promoting hotel’s own services. Requisition of Valets based on events forecast, handling transportation bills, upkeep and maintenance of hotel cars and control on their optimum use as well as driver’s roster JW Marriott Hotel- Mumbai
Front Office Executive (March 2002- Dec 2003)
Reporting to the Front Office Manager for operational responsibility of the assigned area.
1) Guest services (Valet parking, Bell desk, concierge and doorman) 2) Club Lounge exclusive facility for the suite and club floor rooms. 3) Front desk
4) Business Center
Overseeing the team of 2 Team leaders and 8 Guest Services Associate in handling the day-to-day front office 5
operations – pre-arrival, arrival and departure process. Ensuring optimum staffing based on forecasted business. Service recovery & damage control.
Compliance to Brand standards and policies and procedures as lay down by Marriotts. Monthly reporting including profit & loss critique for business center and front desk. ITC Grand Maratha Sheraton-Mumbai-
Guest Services Coordinator – Front Office (Dec 2000- Feb 2002) GSC-Front desk is a multifunctional staff at the ITC Grand Maratha Sheraton. The job profile includes handling reservations, allocation of rooms, cashier functions, handling check-in and check- outs, preparing various reports and handling guest queries. The GSC
– front desk handles the multiple tasks of information, cashiering and reception. Casino Group of Hotels
Asst Manager-Food & Beverage (Jun 1998-Nov 2000)
Responsible for the operation of the 106-cover coffee shop directing team of 26 staff, working towards the overall profitability of the outlet, enhanced guest experience and improving sales thru sales calls. Handled operations of all kind of food & beverage outlets including room service, Bar & lounge, Specialty seafood restaurant. Software
Telecom Software-BSCS, E-serve,Dr.Sim, Rangers Client-Fraud management Point Of Sale-Wincash Sales & Micros
Logistics – Wincash Logistics &Scala version 5
Hotel Operation Software- Opera, Reserve, Fidelio, Marrweb. Microsoft Applications – Microsoft Office, Outlook, Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, Visio & PowerPoint Customer Relation Management- Siebel & Oracle ERP. Workshops
Diploma in filmmaking-whistling wood Mumbai 6 months (2014-2015) Selling For Success (Gazing Performance International) Dec 2013 Strategic Account Management (Gazing Performance Systems) April 2014 Xerox Product training- MFP and MPS (Online training) Gunnebo Technology training on ChubbSafes.
Harman International- 2 day technical training on Audio-5.1 and 2.1 sound demonstration -by Eric Erickson Customer Services Training for Retail Sale- Harman Middle East. Du Retail store management training – 15 days Al Habtoor grand, Dubai. Du Retail Academy – SPIN sale, Selling technique, Team Building-1 week Nad-Al-Sheeba Spirit to serve & Essential Skills Training for management by Marriott International Training in life saving skills - Fire Safety, First Aid & safety precautions IT project Domain Expert for Du-Emirates Integrated Telecom as Retail Store Manager- from May 2006 - February 2007 Team Size : 6Location: DUBAI
Role: Was to test the software for User Acceptance test and friendly user tests. Feedback to project managers to enhance the efficiency and user friendliness and process alignment of the software. Personal Details
Date of Birth - 22nd April 1976
Marital Status - Married
Language proficiency English, Hindi, Malayalam, basic French & Tamil. Driving license Valid UAE driving license
Other interest Photography, Music, Movies and Internet browsing