Bachelor of Arts in English Language & Literature 05/2004 Cairo University; Cairo, Egypt
Integrated Logistical Support, Inc. (ILSI Engineering), New Orleans, LA Project Assistant for Emergency Program Management 08/2017 to Present Project Assistant for HMGP 07/2013 to Present
• Honored to be assigned as a project Assistant to the S&WB Emergency recent flood event Project; CH2M serve as the project manager for fixing turbines and pumps that are broken. CH2M is also supporting efforts to stabilize the power generation and drainage pumping system.
• Document meeting notes from meetings with the Mayor’s office and city key People, issue meeting summaries to all attendees.
• Handle administrative tasks and provide support to the overall project level.
• Work for ILSI as a subconsultant to CH2M Hill managing design and Construction projects for the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board for the Retrofit Power Plant Hazard Mitigation Grant Program ($85M program).
• Manage Document controls, i.e. submittals, RFI’s and transmittals.
• Work with multiple Project Managers with varies disciplines with processing and project reporting including cost breakdown and man-hours.
• Assist PM/CM and Project Leads with preparation of work packages and Construction Paperwork.
• Assist in the overall project Deliverables.
• Develop and maintain workflows standards and procedures.
• Track weekly time and expenses and provide support for weekly reporting.
• Assisting with management of project staff.
Sims Metal Management, Kenner, LA
Accounting Clerk 02/2013 to 04/2013
• Provide accounting and clerical support to the Gulf region, Manage Account payable and Account receivable for the Gulf region.
• Performed data entry on computer system using SAI programs.
• Develop and maintain Application standards and procedures and other documentation as needed.
• Keep contact with other departments and customers related to transactions. Develop and document operating procedures and standards, Prepare weekly and monthly reports. British Embassy in Cairo, Egypt
UK Trade & Investment Assistant 11/2010 to 11/2011
• Market British Business in Egypt and help them by identifying and exploiting trade and investment opportunities in Egypt.
• Handled VIP visits by the British Prime Minister – David Cameroon, Minister of Trade – Lord Green, The Right Honorable Lord Mayor of London – Alderman Michael Bear.
• Attracted inward investment into the United Kingdom by increasing the awareness of local business community with the British expertise in different industries and services.
• Provided direct day to day support to UK Trade & Investment Director and Deputy Director.
• First point of contact for UK/ Egyptian visitors; handling all general commercial inquiries and expanded assistance, advice, quality and timely information to British/ Egyptian companies interested in doing business in Egypt/ UK.
• Provided direct support to all UK Trade & Investment Cairo team members: Carry out initial desk research, find business partners for companies, and provide market intelligence and advice to UK businesses.
• Achieved UK Trade & Investment revenue targets.
• Maintained market awareness through undertaking research, visiting relevant trade fairs and meeting key contacts, international organizations and private sector companies. Page 2 2
Thomas Cook Overseas Ltd., Cairo, Egypt
Implant Supervisor 07/2010 to 10/2010
Senior Product Development Counselor 04/2008 to 07/2010 Business Development Counselor 11/2006 to 04/2008
Travel Counselor 12/2004 to 11/2006
• Promoted 3 times in 6 years; represented agency to Diplomats; developed and recommended marketing programs; provide solution-oriented campaign themes; reactivated dormant client relations and strengthened long-term relationships.
• Managed the training of staff and newcomers by conducting destination awareness sessions through PowerPoint presentations.
• Created and utilized strong ability to sell marketing ideas, strategies and tactics to help branches increase market share and generate new business. Sold special marketing opportunities including corporate campaigns.
• Create Travel packages, which has improved sales and revenue.
• Examined the market through mystery shopping, market share information and analyze programming features to insure sales plans are effective.
• Arranged domestic and international travel requirements including ticketing reservations, hotel reservations, visa settlements, car rentals, medical insurance and sold specialized packages to a wide variety of customers including corporate travelers and walk-in customers. COMPUTER SKILLS
• MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, OCR, Adobe Pro, SharePoint, Primavera Contract Management, bigtime, and numerous ticketing systems. EXTRA CURRICULUM ACTIVITIES, LANGUAGES AND TRAINING
• Volunteer Experience 05/2004 to 11/2011
Leader in the Sudanese scout for the Sudanese Refugees in Egypt.
• Foreign Languages: Fluent in Arabic and English and intermediate in French & Spanish. TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
Completed numerous courses and seminars in customer service including but not limited to the following: Effective Meetings, Managing Stress, Time Management, Leadership, Understanding Change, Travel Specialist, International Travel and Tourism Proficiency and numerous ticketing systems. CORE COMPETENCES
Document Controls, Project Budgeting and formatting LOEs, Problem Solving and Trouble Shooting, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Teaming agreements and Contracts, Logistics Administration, Procedure and form development and workflows Management.