Morton, PA ****0
AIR & OCEAN EXPORT EXPERIENCE
TOLL GLOBAL FORWARDING New York, NY
Ocean Export Manager, Philadelphia, PA 2010 - 2018 Responsible for managing all ocean freight shipments from East Coast ports between New York City and Norfolk, VA.
• Managed approximately 1,800 shipments annually to destinations throughout the world.
• Acquired, as team member, large volume customers including: Cellmark QVC United Color
• Negotiated contract rates and break bulk shipment rates from both East and West Coast ports.
• Handled and resolved complaints and issues related to each shipment from pick-up until delivery.
• Created standard policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Philadelphia Ocean Department; managed two ocean transportation specialists.
• Developed and maintained strong business relationships with ground transportation carriers and steamship lines throughout the East Coast.
• Provided technical support for sales representatives during presentations to prospective customers.
• Implemented CargoWise tracking system into company’s computer system.
• Filed Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) rates.
DB SCHENKER Philadelphia, PA
Special Accounts Coordinator - Ocean Freight 2007 - 2010 Responsible for ocean shipments for the following accounts: Alcoa Wella Subaru of America
Rohm and Hass PPG Ametek
• Arranged Less Than Container Load (LCL) and Container Load (CL) shipments from customer plants to vessel and from vessel to destinations throughout the world.
• Coordinated pick-ups from various customer manufacturing plants throughout the East Coast.
- Handled all export requirements from pick-up at customer location through to delivery at destination.
• Handled all documentation including Letter of Credit for all assigned customers. BDP INTERNATIONAL Philadelphia PA
Ocean Freight Coordinator 2005 - 2007
Responsible for ocean freight export shipments for the following clients: Lanxess Bayer
• Handled bookings, pick-ups, documentation, pre-alerts and closings for 540 CL and LCL shipments annually.
• Developed strong business relationships with customers’ Export Leads and Transportation Specialists.
• Grew, as team member, sales from assigned accounts by 10% - 15% each year for two consecutive years. BARTHCO Philadelphia, PA
Lead Air Freight Coordinator 1996 - 2001
Responsible for coordinating, as team member, approximately 2,600 air freight shipments throughout the world.
• Handled necessary documentation including airway bills, legalization, letters of credit and pre-alerts.
• Handled customer special requests, as well as emergency situations, between pick-up and delivery.
• Selected carriers based on rates and service track record. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
HEALTHMARK FOOT & ANKLE ASSOCIATES Media, PA
Medical Assistant 2004 - 2005
CHI INSTITUTE Broomall, PA
Associates in Medical Assisting 2001 - 2003