Jon L Rue
**** *** *** *****, #**, Seattle, Washington 98134
253-***-**** - email@example.com
To secure a position that will allow me to utilize my overall background and experience, interests, and technical skills in electronics, fabrication, documentation control, calibration, maintenance of equipment, and quality trend reporting.
• Good communication skills
• Team player
• Self-starter and self-learner
• Electronic and hardware design, documentation, and fabrication
• Electronic and hardware calibration and maintenance
• Electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and repair to component level
• Trained in IPC-610 Class 3 (medical) Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies inspection standards.
• FDA validation of HP3070 In-Circuit-Test fixtures for medical electronics applications.
• Authoring process procedure and equipment calibration documents
• Documentation control disciplines
• MS Office applications
• Various programming languages
Physio-Control/Stryker Electronics Lab Technician
11811 Willows Road NE
Redmond WA 98052 April 2018 – May 2018
Physio-Control designs and makes Lifepak line of defibrillators, as well as Automated External Defibrillators used for first responders and the public. I was brought on as a contractor to start validation testing of the defibrillators and the project got delayed another year so my contract was terminated.
Summit Imaging Electronics Technician
15000 Woodenville-Redmond RD NE
B800 April 2017 – JAN 2018
Woodenville, WA 98072
Summit Imaging is a company that performs technical quality repair and replacement of ultrasound equipment and probes, and mammogram equipment. I performed repair of Phillips iU22 and iU33 ultrasound cart electronic subassemblies
QualityLogic, Inc. QA Test Technician
6148 N. Discovery Way
Boise, ID 83713 SEPT 2016 – JAN 2017
QualityLogic is a company that performs technical quality assurance testing for large companies. I performed quality assurance testing on internet TV/Media entertainment applications for major television production and distribution companies on Apple and Android OS platforms. We performed testing using proxy web debugging tools.
Micron Engineering Tech II
1020 S. Manitou Avenue
Boise, Idaho 83706 July 2014 – March 2016
Worked in System Integration Group (SIG). SIG is a branch of Micron that manufactures circuit boards and systems used to manufacture RAM at each of the Micron memory manufacturing plants across the world. I performed calibration and troubleshooting of various complex circuit boards. I also performed troubleshooting of circuit boards returned from customers (RMA).
EcoTronyx Senior Design Engineer
1321 West Randol Mill Road Co-Founder
Arlington TX 76012 SEPT 2012 – MAR 2014
Designed electronic circuits to create EcoTronyx’ residential and small commercial thermostat and irrigation controls. These products are all smart-energy/resource, WiFi-enabled devices. I was the sole hardware designer in the group.
Western Electronics Senior Level Technician
1550 S. Tech Lane
Meridian, ID 83642 FEB 2010 – AUG 2012
Western Electronics is an award-winning leader in contract electronics manufacturing. They specialize in providing electronic manufacturing services primarily for the western portion of North America.
I processed customer field returns for Western Electronics manufacturing. I trouble-shot electronic returned goods down to component level. I reported findings and trends. I ran all circuit board and top-level calibration of all goods prior to return shipping.
JR Dynamics, LLC Owner/Operator
10607 W. Edna Street
Boise, ID 83713 FEB 2005 – FEB 2010
Self-employed contractor specializing in:
• Finish Work – coatings/finish applications on all types of surfaces, from automotive to commercial and residential requirements
• Metal Work – cutting/forming/welding/grinding sheet metal, tubing, and angular iron for miscellaneous custom projects
• Wood Work – saw/router/plane/grind/fasten all types of wood, from fine finish to structural, for miscellaneous needs of any customer
• Electrical Work – residential/commercial, low-voltage installations for video, audio, atmospheric lighting, security, automation, computer networking, and other miscellaneous needs of any customer
Welch Allyn (formerly Protocol Systems, Inc.)
8500 SW Creekside Place
Welch Allyn is a manufacturer of electronic critical signs medical monitors sold worldwide.
Test Engineer AUG 1999 – NOV 2004
• IPC-A-610 Class 3 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies -- Certified. Worked with Quality Assurance on incoming printed circuit board assembly inspections.
• Authored test plans and reports to validate 15 HP 3070 In-Circuit-Testers to Food and Drug Administration standards for manufacture of electronic medical monitoring device circuit boards.
• Represented manufacturing for New Product Introduction (NPI) of new medical monitoring designs for R&D and manufacture. Worked with Quality Assurance on inspection of new parts and assemblies for New Product Introduction.
• Built and calibrated in-house test fixtures that simulated patient input to medical monitors, i.e., electrocardiograph, invasive blood pressure, non-invasive blood pressure, temperature, respiration, oximetry, and Co2 patient output.
• Designed and fabricated automated fixtures for functional testing of battery circuit boards and finished battery pack-assembled units, using embedded micro-controllers and LCD displays.
• Validated automated top-level functional test fixtures for medical monitor manufacturing to Food and Drug Administration standards that were being relocated to Oregon from New York.
• Worked with incoming Quality Assurance inspection to resolve vendor non-conformance issues of printed circuit board assemblies.
• Performed boundary and performance testing of electrocardiograph circuits of new medical monitor designs for AAMI (Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation) EC-13 Cardiac Monitors, Heart Rate Meters, and Alarms standards conformity.
Manufacturing Engineering Technician JUL 1996 – AUG 1997
• Worked with Quality Assurance on inspection of incoming printed circuit board assemblies.
• Built and calibrated in-house test fixtures that simulated patient input for medical monitors, i.e., electrocardiograph, invasive blood pressure, non-invasive blood pressure, temperature, respiration, oximetry, and Co2 patient output.
• Performed evaluation and validation of electronic components, subassemblies, and procedures to use for manufacturing.
• Authored process documents for manufacturing work cells.
• Performed root-cause analysis on field failure returns to resolve failure issues and execute proper corrective actions.
• Released a fast, PC-based PROM burning station for manufacturing.
Level 3 Manufacturing Technician FEB 1988 – MAY 1993
• Taught schematic reading and theory of operation to new technicians
• Performed scheduled calibration of in-house test fixtures.
• Generated quality trend reports of manufacturing cells.
• Trouble-shot all levels of production assembly test failures to component level.
• Authored procedural documents for manufacturing.
• Supported the service department with repair and troubleshooting training and backlog.
• Configured Sun computer stations with custom network systems configuring them for central monitoring of medical monitors in hospitals.
• Helped anyone who needed it.
Sensoray Production Manager/Senior Electronics
7313 SW Tech Center Drive Technician
Tigard, OR 97223 MAR 1998 – AUG 1999
Sensoray designs, builds, and distributes a variety of data acquisition boards and video frame-grabbers for various computer-controlled platforms
• Planned production scheduling of finished goods.
• Performed functional testing, burn-in, and final top-level calibration of all finished goods.
• Processed and repaired returns.
• Implemented engineering change orders for production
Walla Walla University College Place, Washington
• Electronics Technology Associates of Science Degree 1983
• Anatomy and Physiology 1986
• Physics 1986
Portland Community College
• C Programming 1991
• AutoCAD Drafting 1997
• MS Visual Basic 2003
Boise State University Boise, Idaho
• Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics Vocational Certification 1980
• Altium CAD (PCBA Capture and Layout) 2011
• Eagle CAD (PCBA Capture and Layout) 2007
• Google Sketchup (3D CAD) 2009
Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics
Electronics Technology Associates of Science Degree