SHANNON K. DANIEL MSN FNP-C
*** *. ******* **** *******, NM 88201
Professionally trained Family Nurse Practitioner with 23 years experience as a surgical registered nurse. I am dedicated to ensuring high standards and providing competent economical care to patients. Excellent people skills and a dedicated work ethic. Seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner position to manage both complex and common musculoskeletal issues.
● Excellent surgical skills
● Thorough physical assessments
● Disease prevention and intervention
● High level of autonomy
● Patient/family focused
● Can direct staff as needed
● Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills Work experience
Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner 11/2018-Current, Full-time. Spine and Orthopedic clinic of New Mexico. Roswell, NM
● Assessing,planning and diagnosing spine and orthopedic patients.
● Conduct physical exams with a thorough history.
● Analyzing x-rays and MRIs
● Performing steroid joint injections.
● Utilizing modalities such as physical therapy and pain management. Registered Nurse 2/2017 to current, Full-time. Professional Case Management
(PCM). Oakridge, TN/ Western Colorado/New Mexico
● Managing treatment plans for chronic patients.
● Educating patients and family on disease processes.
● Conducting physical exams.
● Communicating with Case manager as to needs of client as well as acute conditions.
Registered Nurse 1/2016-11/2017, Full-time.
St.Marys Surgery Center. Knoxville, TN.
● Functioned as circulator as well as part-time team leader in surgery.
● Circulate multiple types of surgeries: Orthopedic, ENT, general, plastic, ophthalmology.
● Scrub and first assist.
● Demonstrates the ability to lead.
● Clinical liaison between physician, staff, and medical representatives. Director of surgical services Registered Nurse 1/2014-1/2016. LaFollette Medical Center. LaFollette, TN.
● Functioned as director of surgery.
● Effectively supervised and communicated surgical teams comprised of registered nurses, surgical technicians, CRNA’s and Surgeons.
● Able to function as circulator, scrub, and director.
● Successfully assembled a urological service.
Team Leader University of Tennessee day surgery 10/2004-1/2014. UT Medical Center. Knoxville, TN.
● Functioned as liaison between staff, physicians, and medical representatives.
● Functioned as team leader, circulator, and scrub.
● Effective communicator.
● Managed surgery schedule.
Masters of Science of Nursing 05/2018
● Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
● GPA 3.9
● St. Louis, Missouri
Bachelor of Science Nursing, 5/2014
● GPA 3.8
● Knoxville, Tennessee
Associate in applied Science, 5/1995
Lincoln Memorial University
● Harrogate, Tennessee
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
American Nurses Association (ANA)
Certifications and Licensure
● American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
● Basic life support (BLS)
● Registered Nurse Tennessee
● Registered Nurse New Mexico
● Advance practice nurse practitioner Tennessee
● Advance pracice nurse practitioner New Mexico